Port Adelaide v Richmond. AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if it wasn't correct (it was) it makes up for the BS one paid against him when he was being monstered by 2 lughead's from Port and threw one of them off him, as if he should just let himself be roughed up and not get physical in return.

Loved the way the big fella threw his weight around today! Port love to try to bully around teams physically and Lynch wasn't having any of it!

I knew he was good, but his physicality I wasn’t aware of. Loving what he brings.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

They had 18 inside 50's to 8 in the last quarter, yet were outscored. Wasteful & Grimes repelled several attacks
Geez imagine having a legitimate target up there... Like say Dixon....

Why wasn't Westoff given that role? He took one screamer, but it was outside his range.
Because he's not a permanent fwd. Regardless that's Hinkley... And I'm not defending him. At all.

That last qtr, bombing it in with easy Richmond marks summed up everything I said about why Dixon would have been invaluable. He will mark it bring it to ground. And he reguarly takes 2 to 3 defenders due to his huge size.

Geez imagine having a legitimate target up there... Like say Dixon....
Yeh cool.
Imagine having a 3 time Coleman medalist, a 5x AA defender and 2 Brownlow medalists in your midfield with your entire leadership group back.

Dont play the what if card because if we play it too then Richmond s**t on Port as a team even more so.

Funny seeing Tom Lynch's game talked up because he scored a bag of 6 goals

He got on the end of two fast breaks and added the icing to the cake. But it wasn't his good play. It was his teammates further afield who beat Port's defensive press. One of these, he was pushed in the back and given a gift goal from the umps (That's 3 goals where he did nothing but kick straight from close range)

He also a score another goal from a 50m penalty after he was hit on the tit and played on 70m from goal. The umpire should've called on. Instead, the umpire penalised the Port defender in the harshest way possible.

That's 4 cherry-picked or ump-assisted goals

He scunged a pretty good goal from a metre out when Port defenders failed to punch it through for a rushed behind. Can't remember how he scored his first goal - probably a laces out foot pass which he marked on his chest and duly converted

... and listen to his number one fan, Jonathan Brown hyping him up afterwards. :rolleyes:
(Brown is such a flog. Easily the worst commentator on Fox Footy)

Disclaimer: I don't mind the Tiges and I like Lynch... Good player. I bloody wish we had him (but I'm not salty he signed with Richmond)
So, a forward kicks lots of goals on the back of quality midfield work. Outrageous.

Yeh cool.
Imagine having a 3 time Coleman medalist, a 5x AA defender and 2 Brownlow medalists in your midfield with your entire leadership group back.

Dont play the what if card because if we play it too then Richmond s**t on Port as a team even more so.
You can't talk logical with a Richmond fan.

Why the * didn't you win with them this season??? Why didn't you win the flag last year with that brilliance? Why did you recruit a million dollar player if you had the greatest goal locker in history?

Because he's not a permanent fwd. Regardless that's Hinkley... And I'm not defending him. At all.

That last qtr, bombing it in with easy Richmond marks summed up everything I said about why Dixon would have been invaluable. He will mark it bring it to ground. And he reguarly takes 2 to 3 defenders due to his huge size.

Agreed, he's not a permanent forward, but when others are missing, you have to improvise. Didn't Westoff kick 5 against Melbourne just a few weeks ago?

Why the **** didn't you win with them this season??? Why didn't you win the flag last year with that brilliance? Why did you recruit a million dollar player if you had the greatest goal locker in history?
That’s be because Collingwood and GWS were better than us, but Port were so bad they couldn’t even beat our VFL team. Oh, but you did have a player out injured, so I guess that makes up for it?

Yes, you did miss Dixon. The thing though is, Riewoldt is one of those players that does a lot in our forward half. More importantly, he is probably our best aerial player in our team, so we did miss him. We also missed Dustin Martin and Cotchin, who are our best midfielders. Houli is our best runner from defence and starts our attacking chains, so we missed him too. I am not going to include Rance because he is sadly a long shot to be a factor in 2019.

Yes, Dixon was a big out for Port Adelaide (our defenders generally struggle to stop him from marking) but I think Richmond had more quality out overall. If you don’t see that then I don’t know if you rate our top-tier players the same as I and many others do.

Let's see. There was the double goal that hasn't been paid in a decade that was wrong.
- there was the non play on call when Lynch was 4 steps off his line and then doubling down on the mistake by paying 50
- there was the weak as piss free paid to Nankervis while he was allowed to drag our rucks down every contest in the 1st half.

so 3 goals gifted thus far.

- Ryder got pushed in the back twice dead in front of goal, you got weak as piss free kicks 2-3 times deep in your defensive 50 in the last quarter whenever it looked like we might score.
- there was the non 50m paid 60m out when 2 Richmond players were standing over the mark, when it was paid to our disadvantage 5 minutes earlier with Westhoff being hit 60m downfield lace out. Less was paid against us last week.
- there was the non 50m penalty when Nankervis cleaned up Boak late in a marking contest in the middle of the ground in the 1st half which would have resulted in a shot on goal.
- the only reason we got any frees is because Richmond is the scraggiest bunch of ********s, highlighted by McIntosh deliberately trying to dislocate Wine's good shoulder in the 1st 5 minutes of the game and then sooking it up to the umpire when Rockliff came in to fly the flag.

As far as the inbred comment, at least our fans haven't spat on our own team you fair weather supporting bunch of losers.
So you want the score adjusted to 121-75 Port Adelaide’s way or something?

Whenever Richmond got an umpire decision going their way, Port Adelaide would get that decision in return except the double goal.

And the double goal is a thing. Higgins from Richmond received it against Collingwood last year and Astbury conceded the double goal either in 2016 and 2017. The reasons were very similar to why Lynch received it yesterday.

Whether you like it or not is a different story, but according to the rules of the AFL it is a thing.

Agreed, he's not a permanent forward, but when others are missing, you have to improvise. Didn't Westoff kick 5 against Melbourne just a few weeks ago?
Tell Hinkley. No defending that at all.

If you don’t see that then I don’t know if you rate our top-tier players the same as I and many others do.
I do, but these are the same top tier players who got spanked in the finals and started ordinary this season.

Bringing in youth was probably the best thing you've done.

You can't keep going back to the same 3-4 players who are now on the downhill. They've been there over a decade.

Look at what the youth did for your trademark tackling game? Why wasn't that there the past 3 weeks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houli is our best runner from defence and starts our attacking chains, so we missed him too
Hartlett and Broadbent are the equivalent for us. And both are very good.

Instead we had Pittard last season and DBJ and Bonner this season... That's a huge drop off.

Westhoff should be playing on a wing he's not a reliable tall forward.Our young players got us the win.

I do, but these are the same top tier players who got spanked in the finals and started ordinary this season.

You can't keep going back to the same 3-4 players who are now on the downhill. They've been there over a decade.

Look at what the youth did for your trademark tackling game? Why wasn't that there the past 3 weeks...
The problem wasn’t really the big 4 apart from Dusty this season. It was replacing the fringe players that went downhill since the 2017 GF with the youth that has given us a bit of a spark. They basically stopped pressuring like they did in the 2017 season.

Just to understand your point of view, do you believe that Port’s outs were as significant as Richmond’s were yesterday?

Why the **** didn't you win with them this season??? Why didn't you win the flag last year with that brilliance? Why did you recruit a million dollar player if you had the greatest goal locker in history?
We recruited to change the dynamic and structure of our forward line. Pretty obvious I would have thought.

We didnt win because we werent good enough to adapt in those situations.

You keep losing because Dixon is out?

Your equivalancy argument is bogus too. And its halarious you cant see that for someone who thinks they understand football.

You keep arguing that Dixon out is as big a loss as our multiple stars out because you "cant replace him". That's not the reason, the reason is Port Adelaide aren't and werent good enough and were beaten by a team missing its entire leadership group and best four players. It was a joke you couldnt get it done.

By the same token if Port actually were missing our equivalent players like your four best, and your leaders, and we werent, and we were playing at home we would have destroyed that side.

Your club was pissweak last night and smashed in the contest by a debutant.

They had a bad day in finals and to say they started ordinary... rance did his knee part way through the first game, Jack played 1 game, cotchin was doing the same as last season until he got injured. Dusty is the only concern.

It wasn't there against gws or collingwood because they are actually good football teams, it's easy to look like millionaires when you are playing against average teams, as soon as the pressure goes up being even 10% off can cause blowouts.

It wasn't there against gws or collingwood because they are actually good football teams, it's easy to look like millionaires when you are playing against average teams, as soon as the pressure
So full strength teams beat you.

Funny that. Yet Port who has structural outs with a squad that lacks depth to cover them didn't. The same team with a bunch of kids too. Don't pretend Port was playing with a hardened experienced outfit either...

Martin hasn't done much all season as you said, so he's not the loss he may have been before, Lynch covers Riewoldt, at least on the scoreboard.

Funny that. Yet Port who has structural outs with a squad that lacks depth to cover them didn't. The same team with a bunch of kids too. Don't pretend Port was playing with a hardened experienced outfit either...

Martin hasn't done much all season as you said, so he's not the loss he may have been before, Lynch covers Riewoldt, at least on the scoreboard.
Whatever helps you sleep at night

Whatever helps you sleep at night
Likewise.

You beat a team of kids too. The same team that traded out Polec Wingard Pittard Hombsch and others.

But hey, go on pretending Port is some huge scalp. If that makes you think your season is back on track I hope you sleep well too. No one expected Port to win the flag, let alone make the finals...

Toby geeene is more important to gws than dixon is to you, you said yourself port have a replacement for dixon just hinkley dropped him.

Port are garbage that's why we won. You don't want to admit it but even if in your dream land where dixon plays we play a different team and still win.

Open the other eye pal. If ever there were four points that most sides should be able to bank it was vs Richmond yesterday. You played a side who struggles bigtime outside Victoria with their entire leadership group out. Like I said a few pages back it was a bloody good win for the Tigers but the result said a lot more about your side than it did about them.

Toby geeene is more important to gws than dixon is to you, you said yourself port have a replacement for dixon just hinkley dropped him.

Port are garbage that's why we won. You don't want to admit it but even if in your dream land where dixon plays we play a different team and still win.
Ignore the fact Port went from 5th oldest list last season to 14th oldest. Only Freo, Carlton, Brisbane and Carlton younger.

Than take out many of those older players yesterday....

Is that your big scalp? Season back on track now?

Likewise.

You beat a team of kids too. The same team that traded out Polec Wingard Pittard Hombsch and others.

But hey, go on pretending Port is some huge scalp. If that makes you think your season is back on track I hope you sleep well too. No one expected Port to win the flag, let alone make the finals...

You just don't get it do you, it's not about port being a huge scalp.

Its about us having a horrendous 2 weeks, missing our big 4 for the first time ever as well as a shite record away from home and everyone saying well Richmond are done this season zero chance to beat anyone now.

It's about the heart the replacements showed to win against the odds and unearthing blokes like Ross and stack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back