2nds Port Adelaide v South Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The Magpies may make up to six changes from the side that lost to ladder-leaders North Adelaide by 79 points at Alberton Oval in Round 8.

Trent McKenzie, Joe Atley, Todd Marshall, and Aidyn Johnson will all miss the clash with South Adelaide at Hickinbotham Oval through injury.

Midura-born Lewin Davis is set to make his SANFL senior debut against the Panthers, arriving at to Alberton after strong form with the Bendigo Pioneers in the TAC Cup.

Port junior Dale Finnie is also likely to line-up for the Magpies for the first time in his career, after solid performances in the reserves.

Peter Ladhams will also return to the Magpies side, after recovering from a knee injury.

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-05-31/selection-round-11

That's a weak team on paper. It will be interesting to see who can stand up without the experienced players around them.

Agreed, I can't recall seeing a weaker `A' grade Maggie's team, let's hope it can perform better than it looks.

As named, that back 6 would be undersized for low grade suburban footy, and if you took Hayes, Frampton and Ladhams out of the 21, I suspect the average height of the rest of the team would probably struggle to be any more than about 180 cm.

sanflround9team.JPG

The Magpies may make up to six changes from the side that lost to ladder-leaders North Adelaide by 79 points at Alberton Oval in Round 8.

Trent McKenzie, Joe Atley, Todd Marshall, and Aidyn Johnson will all miss the clash with South Adelaide at Hickinbotham Oval through injury.

Midura-born Lewin Davis is set to make his SANFL senior debut against the Panthers, arriving at to Alberton after strong form with the Bendigo Pioneers in the TAC Cup.

Port junior Dale Finnie is also likely to line-up for the Magpies for the first time in his career, after solid performances in the reserves.

Peter Ladhams will also return to the Magpies side, after recovering from a knee injury.

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-05-31/selection-round-11
There is no sequence. Damn!

Dale Finnie getting upgraded from the Academy means we are at 16 SANFL spots instead of 15 which means Tall Forward Dallas Hill from Centrals is 100% gone. He left for Clare without playing a game. Still question marks over Josh Simpson too who only played a trial game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAME DAY!! Beautiful weather for footy. Looking forward to hearing the toots from the cars around the oval and the best value steak sandwich in the SANFL.
Their is going to be some changes for Port this week so i am keen to see who puts their hand up today.
Thomas, Amon, Pittard, Barry, Hewitt all a chance for selection if they play well.

Presumably Trengove made the trip back to play ? Hopefully Pittard, Thomas, Trengove all put their hands up.

Although given the short break Hinkley wont be likely to make changes, prefect excuse for him to make as little changes as possible or none at all.

If the Maggies lose today, which is unfortunately highly likely, that will be 5 consecutive losses with games against Centrals, Sturt, Norwood and the Eagles to come, and I doubt we will start favourites against any of them.
I don't know if this is true but I was told yesterday the Maggies haven't lost 5 consecutive games in the same season since well before WW2.

If the Maggies lose today, which is unfortunately highly likely, that will be 5 consecutive losses with games against Centrals, Sturt, Norwood and the Eagles to come, and I doubt we will start favourites against any of them.
I don't know if this is true but I was told yesterday the Maggies haven't lost 5 consecutive games in the same season since well before WW2.
That isnt true..

That isnt true..

Do you know the last time it happened?

I can recall the Maggies having a bad year in 1969, which was the first time we had missed the finals for a very long time, and a couple of ordinary seasons under Russell Ebert in the 80's, but I don't remember losing 5 consecutive games in the same season.

Lost 7 in a row with Stephen Williams. After him it's been a blur of losing. We should ask Lokan as he would know being from that era.

Well I'm sure the enemies of our club must look upon us now with great love and admiration for bending to their rules and lowering the league standard so that they can have a piece of the premiership pie. After all these years we're really a nice club. I hope we can nurture more love between them and us. What else could we do to nurture this relationship? How about some wooden spoons to really consolidate their love for us. We are Port Adelaide.

For the first time since we joined the afl I will not be attending a Magpies match for the simple reason that I couldn't be bothered. I was even in Sydney when the Magpies played at the scg. I hate that we have a coach from the worse era of our sanfl and I hate that he plays our afl game plan.

Totally pisse off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back