2nds Port Adelaide v South Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

If Frampton is delist material it was probably foolish to extend him 2 years

Said this at the time and nobody agreed with me. A few more do now. Typical of Port to add an extra year to a contract that we didn’t have to add though.

Black 18

Club Legend
May 21, 2007
Seacliff
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2009: Pittard only
The Jacobs draft - none left
The Wingard draft - only Chad still on the list
The Impey draft - DBJ left, with Amon taking the piss
The Howard draft - Howard alone.

LOL

yeah but Parker and Cripps are the best in the business - despite no evidence whatsoever.

Just others in a long line of frauds who get a position at the Club then no matter what history tells us we won't move them on and look for better as somebody may get hurt feelings.

Sickening.

Our level of what's acceptable Club wide is appalling and has been for ages.

Lord Flasheart

Senior List
Jan 17, 2016
Souhern Fleurieu
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The last 2 SANFL games have shown we have recruited players that are too small, too slow and too little skills. Combined with an ineffectual game plan results in the dross we are witnessing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
Playing devils advocate here, but maybe just maybe his development would be a bit different if he actually got some exposure to the top level in 2016 like he should have? Sometimes it’s not about “deserving it” it’s about what the club needs. That’s not to say he would suddenly be a superstar because of it, but it’s what probably should have happened.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lindsay Thomas should be selected to replace Neade against the tiggers, but if he is we know he will get sledged big time, so he will need to show an extraordinary amount of discipline, and he will also need to stay on the carpet more, and not fly for unrealistic marking attempts.

Going by his effort today in what is virtually a perfect day for footy Trengove looks as far away from AFL selection as anyone on the list.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pittard
Trengove
Snelling (mainly from Timmy G's comments)
Irra

look to be making a claim from what I saw of the last half of this game

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pittard
Trengove
Snelling (mainly from Timmy G's comments)
Irra

look to be making a claim from what I saw of the last half of this game

Trengove would be very close, thomas must play, Snelling didn’t notice but did a shut down job, could be handy.

From what I saw of Irra not even close, Pittard good in the second half. I’d bring him in and sit down and have a chat with him “you’re a senior player mate, we know what you can do and we need it from you today”

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
LOL

yeah but Parker and Cripps are the best in the business - despite no evidence whatsoever.

Just others in a long line of frauds who get a position at the Club then no matter what history tells us we won't move them on and look for better as somebody may get hurt feelings.

Sickening.

Our level of what's acceptable Club wide is appalling and has been for ages.

Our drafting has been fine for the picks we have had.

Impey, Austin, Ah Chee, Young and O'Shea (lol) are at other clubs. That has nothing to do with drafting. We have had late picks and sometimes miss. s**t happens. Not everyone drafted is a superstar.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Playing devils advocate here, but maybe just maybe his development would be a bit different if he actually got some exposure to the top level in 2016 like he should have? Sometimes it’s not about “deserving it” it’s about what the club needs. That’s not to say he would suddenly be a superstar because of it, but it’s what probably should have happened.

I don’t know why we wait 4 years to find out if someone can play when we have opportunities earlier.

Pittard with zero tackles in a game where the ball was in his area regularly. I don't care what role you are playing, that's ******* soft.

Nah.

He was the only guy in defense attacking the ball in the air. If he sat back he probably could have got more tackles when they didn’t mark the ball. But instead he was flinging himself into contests. Not soft. His disposal was what let his game down especially in the first half. Probably our best player in the second half or at least second best. Still not close to what would be expected of him.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lindsay Thomas should be selected to replace Neade against the tiggers, but if he is we know he will get sledged big time, so he will need to show an extraordinary amount of discipline, and he will also need to stay on the carpet more, and not fly for unrealistic marking attempts.

Going by his effort today in what is virtually a perfect day for footy Trengove looks as far away from AFL selection as anyone on the list.

Development at this club has paused. Under Hocking and Chad they were able to work against the Hinkley tide of going backwards but I won't expect it under Lokan. What a state where in!

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just got back from Panther Park - Maggies battled hard against a good opposition ... and South Adelaide! The umpiring was deplorable.
Sat next to the A Graders - Big Dix, Yonas, SPP - about a dozen or so cheering on the boys.
Our rucks were creamed by Brooksby - Ladhams and Billy were terrible.
Hayes was poor - got into position to mark a dozen times and dropped every one.
Amon had some really good moments
Barry was brilliant most of the game
Jasper was hopeless in the first half but played really well in the third quarter.
Thomas was a class above - should be back in the AFL soon
Irra was serviceable
Toumpas gets lots of touches but he's finished at AFL level
Trengove is always solid without being damaging
Snelling is a favourite of mine and provides grunt

Chippy Chip football is useless at all levels

Back