Unofficial Preview Port Adelaide versus West Coast @ LDV Sunday 15:35 AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Ryder playing? Is Frampton available? Why risk Ryder for this sort of stuff, also let's find out who he's replacement could be if he goes down...
Good chance for Paddy to catch up with family.
Don't know what's going on with Billy (also a WA boy)
Ladhams is an 'in'

Neither of whom have proven anything at senior level either. Bit unfair to rule him out already. Talls take long to develop.
We took on Jonathan Giles in the 2005 draft and delisted him in 2009 while he was still a long glass of water. At the time I felt it was a bit early and in fact he bulked up playing for Sturt and was rookied by GWS in the 2011 rookie draft. Although later I heard part of the reason for his delisting was his attitude to training I felt he could have been persevered with for at least one more year.

We took on Jonathan Giles in the 2005 draft and delisted him in 2009 while he was still a long glass of water. At the time I felt it was a bit early and in fact he bulked up playing for Sturt and was rookied by GWS in the 2011 rookie draft. Although later I heard part of the reason for his delisting was his attitude to training I felt he could have been persevered with for at least one more year.

There are 2 SA ruckman in this years under 18s - Tom Jones 202cm/102kg and Josh Hart 205cm/88kg so there are prospects if Frampton doesn't make it.

If Thomas is in decent condition there wouldn’t be any loss playing him in front of S. Grey and Neade in terms of keeping a young star out. I would consider playing him, as long as he has learnt to keep his feet and not drop the shoulders or raise the arms to draw free kick, I hate that.
Until he kicks 5 in a Grand Final doing it!

Would you play him before S. Grey and Neade? Noting Wingard is to come back into the team for round 1.

He is going to be really interesting to watch during the pre season

I can see Thomas replacing Neade where most of the time he is in the forward 50 around goals. Not sure he has the tank to provide the link up play Sam Gray gives. I think Sam Grays role gets undersold a little.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lindsay has 200+ games of experience and could be one of the very important players in his role if we want to contend for anything this year judging he has his physical and mental issues in line. A very undervalued pick up out of all our recruits. An in-form thomas with Ryder, polec, motlop and watts assisting him could be a new danger in our forward line. Don't write him off just yet.

First impression is I will pass on both of them
Keep an eye on Alex Emmet coming out of the Thunder this year, has only played 2 full seasons of AFL football but plenty to work with, has finally been given a crack at some of the Underage rep stuff and will hopefully get a gig for Thunder in the U/18’s Champs this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the players who would've been close or in that squad if fit would've been Rocky, Wingard, Broadbent, Polec, AJ and Marshall , with S Gray rested.

Depth looks good.

I have difficulty in see who would be out and in.

I imagine that Rockliff, Wingard, and Polec would be First-XVIII; but replacing who? Considering my three ins are right, I can only see Neade and Amon out. I am one player short...

I have difficulty in see who would be out and in.

I imagine that Rockliff, Wingard, and Polec would be First-XVIII; but replacing who? Considering my three ins are right, I can only see Neade and Amon out. I am one player short...

Probably a back flank - Houston, Bonner, Pittard, DBJ

Sam Gray and Lindsay Thomas are very different players who play very different roles, I can’t see them really competing with each other.

Thomas over Neade every day of the week though. Thomas once kicked more goals in a single season than Neade has kicked in his 5 year, 58 game career.

Sam Gray and Lindsay Thomas are very different players who play very different roles, I can’t see them really competing with each other.

Thomas over Neade every day of the week though. Thomas once kicked more goals in a single season than Neade has kicked in his 5 year, 58 game career.

giphy.gif

Does anyone know if Chromecast works on AFL Live anymore?

I’m not sure if Chromecast works anymore. I know that Apple TV use to do the same, but Telstra made it so that it would go the full screen size.

I ended up getting Foxtel Play, I live in Sydney, so it was the only way I could watch Port games during the season and not have to go to the pub (not that I have a problem with going to the pub)

You can do a free trial, if you just want it to watch the pre-season.

I’m not sure if Chromecast works anymore. I know that Apple TV use to do the same, but Telstra made it so that it would go the full screen size.

I ended up getting Foxtel Play, I live in Sydney, so it was the only way I could watch Port games during the season and not have to go to the pub (not that I have a problem with going to the pub)

You can do a free trial, if you just want it to watch the pre-season.

I did the free trial thing this time last year. I wonder if I can do it again, ie would they remember my IP address, email, or is it just a cookie thing?

Strong argument.

Care to explain why you’re so horrifically opposes to picking a bloke who’s kicked 51 goals in 5 seasons over a bloke who a few years back kicked 53 goals in 1 season?

If I looked up perfect trade bait in the dictionary, there would be a picture of Matthew Broadbent.

I don't think he holds that much currency really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back