Unofficial Preview Port Adelaide versus West Coast @ LDV Sunday 15:35 AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong argument.

Care to explain why you’re so horrifically opposes to picking a bloke who’s kicked 51 goals in 5 seasons over a bloke who a few years back kicked 53 goals in 1 season?

Because unless Thomas is providing the same amount of groundball gets as Neade, we will actually be worse in that area due to playing Watts and Dixon together, since they are key forwards and not going to be doing that since it’s not really their role?

Strong argument.

Care to explain why you’re so horrifically opposes to picking a bloke who’s kicked 51 goals in 5 seasons over a bloke who a few years back kicked 53 goals in 1 season?

Because I'm Jakes buddy in 2018. :)

Of all the players on our list who have played 50 games or more for us, we win 56.9% of the games he plays, second highest of any player on our list bettered only by Sam Gray (58.65% from 57 games). Note: Of players who have played 25 or more games for us only Tom Clurey (58.54% from 41 games) and Sam Gray hold a higher winning percentage than Jake.

In reality cherry picking statistics like this is pretty meaningless. I'm just tired of seeing Jake being the resident whipping boy on this forum and so pumping up my buddy. :thumbsu:

Because unless Thomas is providing the same amount of groundball gets as Neade, we will actually be worse in that area due to playing Watts and Dixon together, since they are key forwards and not going to be doing that since it’s not really their role?
You don’t need to get the groundball if it has just been kicked through the big sticks and being run back to the middle by the umps.

Dixon defensive pressure is fantastic

Dixon defensive pressure is fantastic

For a key forward absolutely. But he’s not a groundball winner, and we were either last or second last for groundball gets inside 50 last year. If you’re playing a system that operates on repeat inside 50 entries and creating turnovers in the front half, you want to play a variety of players.

There’s room for one dedicated pressure forward in our setup IMO. If Thomas can provide that, his output has him ahead of Neade. If he can’t, he’s fighting against the likes of Wingard and Gray as a hybrid forward.

If I looked up perfect trade bait in the dictionary, there would be a picture of Matthew Broadbent.
With an entry of Lobbe trade - wait until the players value has declined to where you'll now get much less than what you would have if you've pulled the trigger when you should have.

Right now Broadbent is headed for a Lobbe trade. Whether he's best 22 (I don't think so) or not, if he is, we have a ton of HBF'ers and the difference between him and replacements is much less (or he's worse in many eyes like mine) then what we'd have netted in a trade for him. Port are killing it with getting players in and picking up bargain draft picks, but we still are s**t at trading out replaceable players at their peak.

Last edited:
I can see Thomas replacing Neade where most of the time he is in the forward 50 around goals. Not sure he has the tank to provide the link up play Sam Gray gives. I think Sam Grays role gets undersold a little.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree re Sam Grays role being undersold with his link up play. If he could convert more chances he would become a very good player

Last edited:
With an entry of Lobbe trade - wait until the players value has declined to where you'll now get much less than what you would have if you've pulled the trigger when you should have.

Right now Broadbent is headed for a Lobbe trade. Whether he's best 22 (I don't think so) or not, if he is, we have a ton of HBF'ers and the difference between him and replacements is much less (or he's worse in many eyes like mine) then what we'd have netted in a trade for him. Port at killing it with getting players in and picking up bargain draft picks, but we still are s**t at trading out players at their peak.

At his age and injury problems we would get a pick in the 60s if lucky.

If he was a player elsewhere and wanted to come here that's what we would offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now Broadbent is headed for a Lobbe trade. Whether he's best 22 (I don't think so) or not, if he is, we have a ton of HBF'ers and the difference between him and replacements is much less (or he's worse in many eyes like mine) then what we'd have netted in a trade for him. Port at killing it with getting players in and picking up bargain draft picks, but we still are s**t at trading out players at their peak.

The only difference is that we know we had an offer for Lobbe. There's no evidence we've ever received an offer of value for Broadbent or even that there is interest from any other team. I wouldn't be surprised to find that most teams would expect to find their own cheaper versions of Broadbent, rather than trade at above odds for ours.

So just got the Foxtel Play free 2 week trial (for JLT). One bug- the timezone isn't correct (using Samsung TV). It's a problem with the app, as my TV timezone is set correctly. Anyone else had this problem?

Seems to go back n forth from 1080 to 720 every couple seconds.
:/

Last edited:
Because I'm Jakes buddy in 2018. :)

Of all the players on our list who have played 50 games or more for us, we win 56.9% of the games he plays, second highest of any player on our list bettered only by Sam Gray (58.65% from 57 games). Note: Of players who have played 25 or more games for us only Tom Clurey (58.54% from 41 games) and Sam Gray hold a higher winning percentage than Jake.

In reality cherry picking statistics like this is pretty meaningless. I'm just tired of seeing Jake being the resident whipping boy on this forum and so pumping up my buddy. :thumbsu:
I've always thought he is very important to our side and each year make the following comment to my son:
If Neade is not in our starting team going into finals we are going to struggle.

His role is essiential to the team and when hes in form he worries the hell out of backlines. Whether its lack of self-belief or lack of application for his inconsistency, I dont know, but there's no lack of talent.

Last edited:
Maybe. Not sure we would get much at his age and recent injury interrupted output. Still that is a separate discussion to whether he is top 22.

He can be handy depth if nothing else. If Paul Stewart can hang around for a decade then Broady most certainly can. I don’t like the idea of trading a bloke that is a born and bred Port man, especially not for a burnt pie.

Strong argument.

Well if we are cherry picking numbers, Neades actually sitting pretty in the top twenty for all time conversion rate*. Also LT had played 130 odd games when he brought that total to account whereas Jakes only played 58 games to date.

*Barnaby's in the top 5. I did say cherry picking.

Also LT had played 130 odd games when he brought that total to account whereas Jakes only played 58 games to date.

Fair. Okay, let’s look at this way. Bar his debut year and his 2017 when he was hung out to dry by Brad Scott, Lindsay’s lowest ever goal tally in a season is 21. Neade’s highest ever goal tally in a season is 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back