Game Day Port Adelaide vs Adelaide

Jack Watts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We still lost the free kick count.

Seriously.

Correlation doesn’t necessarily equate to causation, but isn’t it weird that after we weathered the 0-10 free kick count the Crows barely fired a shot?

Correlation doesn’t necessarily equate to causation, but isn’t it weird that after we weathered the 0-10 free kick count the Crows barely fired a shot?

It's almost like the opposition not constantly being handed an unpressured ball for no particular reason/sometimes getting your own unpressured ball when the opposition has breached the rules actually gives you an equal footing in the game of football.

This sounds conspiracy-theoryish....

But it honestly felt like for the first 45 minutes or so the umpires were doing everything they possibly could to make Adelaide win, giving them free after free, and ignoring any Port free that should have been given.

It almost felt like after doing this for a quarter and a half and realising they had given 10 frees to 1... and seeing that Adelaide STILL weren't well ahead, they thought that the situation was beyond hope of being rigged (as to continue in that way would have meant an eventual indefensible total of 30 free kicks to 3 or something like that), and so gave up and started calling the game down the line.

After that, I noticed the most ridiculous decisions that went against us, such as Ebo's great mark inside 50 that was tapped out of his hand after he had held it for a good few seconds, or Riley being called to play on after <10 seconds with a shot on goal, were decisions that wouldn't change the free kick count (and thus were less likely to be scrutinised later).

They definitely behaved exactly as you would expect them to behave if they went out there with the initial intention to rig the game for the Crows, and they often seem to do so in other games as well (not just those involving Port).

No, it really doesn't. Mathew Nicholls was umpiring, it's beyond outrage/disbelief when he does our game. Like being surprised at something Trump says.
.... It almost felt like after doing this for a quarter and a half and realising they had given 10 frees to 1... and seeing that Adelaide STILL weren't well ahead, they thought that the situation was beyond hope of being rigged (as to continue in that way would have meant an eventual indefensible total of 30 free kicks to 3 or something like that), and so gave up and started calling the game down the line ...
Nicholls is happy to do his bit but the expectation is our opponent of the day is will do theirs too, he's not a monster ........ Hah, hah just kidding, he's an absolute monster.

But it honestly felt like for the first 45 minutes or so the umpires were doing everything they possibly could to make Adelaide win, giving them free after free, and ignoring any Port free that should have been given.

It almost felt like after doing this for a quarter and a half and realising they had given 10 frees to 1... and seeing that Adelaide STILL weren't well ahead, they thought that the situation was beyond hope of being rigged (as to continue in that way would have meant an eventual indefensible total of 30 free kicks to 3 or something like that), and so gave up and started calling the game down the line.

After that, I noticed the most ridiculous decisions that went against us, such as Ebo's great mark inside 50 that was tapped out of his hand after he had held it for a good few seconds, or Riley being called to play on after <10 seconds with a shot on goal, were decisions that wouldn't change the free kick count (and thus were less likely to be scrutinised later).

They definitely behaved exactly as you would expect them to behave if they went out there with the initial intention to rig the game for the Crows, and they often seem to do so in other games as well (not just those involving Port).
I have been saying it for ages that the AFL is corrupt on a number of fronts with umpiring being a big component of that corruption.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My view of Saturdays event.... <3

D-xAp56UIAAnBQc.jpg

I'm expecting pure Hinkleyball.

All play concentrated on the western side, pockets fully utilised, Howard tagging Talia, ball bombing on Charlie's head.

Scores this time 21-20 our way.

Kenny gesticulating wildly, "our best win".

Sorry Janus, I'm a bit negative, but would love to be proven wrong.

OOOOPS I was wrong. Loved it.

Nothing like the above.

Anti HinkleyBall.

So unlike the usual boring stuff.

Interstate ATM and for a while - would have loved to have been there.

In my line of work I find it is best to be as neutral as possible when it comes to dealing with the crows customers. Had one regular client last week ask me "please tell me you're not one of those feral port supporters are you? Can't stand that filth!"

The internal joy I am going to get seeing that group of clientele this week is something money simply can't buy!
Listening to disgruntled Crows fans in the office today warmed the cockles of my heart. Stuff like:

* They played like witches hats after half time, and
* After 10 minutes of gloating, I told my Port supporting wife to change the subject.

A small part of me wishes I wasn't on leave next week - just in case they lose to the Suns.

Dwayne sure tried to pump up Eddie and Tex but they were just about AWOL.
What will they do without their stars in coming years?
We saw a sneak preview on Saturday night - they all went missing simultaneously.

Listening to disgruntled Crows fans in the office today warmed the cockles of my heart. Stuff like:

* They played like witches hats after half time, and
* After 10 minutes of gloating, I told my Port supporting wife to change the subject.

A small part of me wishes I wasn't on leave next week - just in case they lose to the Suns.
A whole group of them were having a discussion around a table in the office today. It was great to over hear, they were talking about Ports run home, then started talking about Port playing Brisbane weekend and how they reckon Brisbane will win.

Still more worried about us the what they are doing. Strange bunch these crows folk.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A whole group of them were having a discussion around a table in the office today. It was great to over hear, they were talking about Ports run home, then started talking about Port playing Brisbane weekend and how they reckon Brisbane will win.

Still more worried about us the what they are doing. Strange bunch these crows folk.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah they're a different breed. A guy I used to sit next to at the footy used to play regular lawn bowls, and he told me about a Crows fan he bowled with. This clown had 119 on his bowling ball, and also on his bowling bag. They clearly derive more pleasure from our failures, than they do from their own successes - oh that's right: there haven't been any lately 😊.

Back