Preview Port Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions – Sunday 14/07/19, 4:40pm (Brisbane time) at Adelaide Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
We have won our last 3 on the trot which got me thinking... when was the last time we won 4 games in a row?

Went searching and it took a while , rounds 1-4 2010 during our short lived lifting the flag lid Fevola/Brown era.

LongLion

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wonder if there's a chance that Ben Keays comes in for Allen Christensen, Bundy was well down on his great form in his 1st game back v the Demons as opposed to the Giants game. It would also give Keays the opportunity to play the role he has been playing all year in the NEAFL.
Thought Bundy's 2nd half was strong. Came out with some fire in the belly & probably a sore backside from a good half time kicking.

LongLion

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Disagree. He is a strong man no doubt, but that doesn't make him play as a tall. Most players at 192-193cms can take strong marks (Bezza for example) but that doesn't mean he plays tall. Happy to be proven wrong.
Is known for being a VERY strong mark which is probably why he can be considered as playing tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's weird, I felt like this was a more winnable game than last week and now I feel like we should win it, but four wins in a row is a mental hurdle we've yet to climb. If we were to pull it off, we'd be in a position to potentially win most games until the Geelong match. Would be quite the achievement and would likely mean top four.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's weird, I felt like this was a more winnable game than last week and now I feel like we should win it, but four wins in a row is a mental hurdle we've yet to climb. If we were to pull it off, we'd be in a position to potentially win most games until the Geelong match. Would be quite the achievement and would likely mean top four.
Geelong seem to have come off the boil a bit. Would be a good chance to beat them at the Gabba

davemc_lions

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting Adams forward his kick for goal last week was not great :) I know rusty although look at stats 4-9 over his career.

I go Payne, Big O and maybe Matho. for Hippy,Hodge and ??? no idea :)
Linc playing more mid minutes do we look at Keays? Or still Matho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom