Preview Port Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions – Sunday 14/07/19, 4:40pm (Brisbane time) at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken's selections are often harder to pick than a broken nose - we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Are broken noses hard to pick? I've actually never had one so have always been curious if this is true

Can't help but feel Adams is the wildcard tomorrow - if he performs there is nothing stopping us from winning. A dominant performance at either end of the ground would do wonders for our chances.
Given Marcus' injury ravaged preparation this year I think it is highly unlikely he can produce a dominant performance but fingers crossed. Just too much to ask of him at this stage, I reckon.

Given Marcus' injury ravaged preparation this year I think it is highly unlikely he can produce a dominant performance but fingers crossed. Just too much to ask of him at this stage, I reckon.

Just needs a dominant quarter or two. He got Dis!

Walker kicked 7 goals in his last 14 games as a forward for us.
Most of them when we were getting butchered every week. See how he goes now.

Walker kicked 7 goals in his last 14 games as a forward for us.
Walker takes a lot of contested marks. He drops less then our other forwards.
Last time he was out for a few weeks seemed come back playing for his career.
You assume he want a big game as if Hippy takes his spot next week again he have something to shop around.
A few players we have out of contract next year. We have a few talls already signed.

I feel uncomfortable not reading the Berry/McCluggage love that is normally laid on thick but missing now for too long.....come on guys, lay it on!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mum and I managed to get some nice tickets to the game tomorrow (which means she might be able to stay the whole game, chemo has been knocking her around a bit) however before that I bought two tickets to the game which now won't get used unless someone wants them. Section S123, Row G, 49 and 50. Free to whomever messages me first. Also going to post this on the Port board, maybe someone there wants them as well.

I'm sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Singapore watching the Cats Saint's game. They actually have live music, a bloke tickling the ivories while I sink a few beers. He can play this bloke (I haven't requested any classical tunes yet) and it's great to hear something that was common many years ago. A good hotel would always have a pianist.

But a thought crossed my mind. We have been hoping for 'Dam' McStay to play that great game, the game that defines his career, the game that points our season in the right direction for longer than pianists have disappeared from five star hotels.

McStay and Adams were passengers last week and only one had an excuse. Adams seemed to know what to do (that dropped mark on the lead in the last quarter grrrr) but we cannot have any more excuses. Finals are coming closer so it is perform or out.

Walker has been given votes in our best player award three time this year. He has been in the AFL team of the week twice in the last 22 games but he gets dropped. Dan has to stop becoming merely a player whose best is being defensive, merely stopping intercept marks and being a good team player. McStay has been gifted games when were a joke football team but we aren't anymore.

Read the riot-act to the enigma Fages.

Last chance?

I'm sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Singapore watching the Cats Saint's game. They actually have live music, a bloke tickling the ivories while I sink a few beers. He can play this bloke (I haven't requested any classical tunes yet) and it's great to hear something that was common many years ago. A good hotel would always have a pianist.

But a thought crossed my mind. We have been hoping for 'Dam' McStay to play that great game, the game that defines his career, the game that points our season in the right direction for longer than pianists have disappeared from five star hotels.

McStay and Adams were passengers last week and only one had an excuse. Adams seemed to know what to do (that dropped mark on the lead in the last quarter grrrr) but we cannot have any more excuses. Finals are coming closer so it is perform or out.

Walker has been given votes in our best player award three time this year. He has been in the AFL team of the week twice in the last 22 games but he gets dropped. Dan has to stop becoming merely a player whose best is being defensive, merely stopping intercept marks and being a good team player. McStay has been gifted games when were a joke football team but we aren't anymore.

Last chance?
Totally agree. Whoever it is we cannot carry players that don't perform. We have to play for now not next year or the year after. Melbourne is a prime example and where are they now. We are in a great position at the moment and need to continue and improve more to achieve further success. Good luck to the boys today.We need that win today to keep the pack behind us from taking out spot on the ladder. Go Lions

Last chance?
Great post. McStay was terrible against Melbourne and not much better against GWS. McStay is our Full Forward and he has kicked 17 goals from 15 games, with some of those being soft over the top goals from team mates. We need him to do better. It’s Round 17 and he needs to lift. Averaging 1.1 goals a game doesn’t cut it for a Full Forward in an elite team. Come finals we can’t afford passengers. I hope he kicks a bag today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back