Preview Port Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions – Sunday 14/07/19, 4:40pm (Brisbane time) at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the injuries / management of Hodge and Hipwood and the announced 'ins' tonight, I think the changes will be McInerney and Mathieson.

I know someone mentioned a third change, but looking at the remaining 20 players that played the Giants, I couldn't find an obvious player to omit unless it is an omission for structural reasons i.e. similar to when Walker was dropped against the Dogs.

McInerney is an obvious in, but I'd be surprised if we went for another tall such as Walker or Payne; unless of course we dropped Lester because we wanted that bigger key position player. As for Hodge's replacement, although not like for like, I reckon we'd go for another mid and Mathieson is the only one that has been brought into the squad. Christensen and Keays are too like for like for mine, so not sure we'd bring in Keays without dropping Mathieson.
Christo could be Hodges replacement......did some work down back late last year n was alright at it.

Well I guess Walker can go forward or back and with a query over where Adams might play it gives us extra flexibility that we wouldn't have with Payne.

Although I'm sure they have a set plan in mind.

We have plenty of tall flexibility if needed so there are a few options to mix and match between forward, back and the two rucks depending on how the game pans out.

Port taking out Duursma is a bit of a surprise. It almost seems like a reactionary move by them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to hear that this game hasn't been lost at the selection table and that we can take some hope in to the game

What are you talking about?

We're playing Bundy (instant loss) and once again elected not to select BRABlow medalist Ryan Bastinac... Lost at the selection table.

What are you talking about?

We're playing Bundy (instant loss) and once again elected not to select BRABlow medalist Ryan Bastinac... Lost at the selection table.

Good to see the selection table back in form after three lean weeks on the trot :drunk:

Quietly confident. I think we got this one, same style as last week with Walker Adams and McInerney adding more flexibility to the line up. Not relying on hipwood that heavily looks like a blessing now.

Good on Josh Walker getting back in.

You called it 3KZ is Football :thumbsu:

Whilst I fear we have a very tall lineup, it is a side that will have Port guessing given the flexibility of many of of our players.
I tipped this! JOSH WALKER and RYAN LESTER ARE TOP 22 THIS WEEK!

Quietly confident. I think we got this one, same style as last week with Walker Adams and McInerney adding more flexibility to the line up. Not relying on hipwood that heavily looks like a blessing now.
We won against Port last time because of Hippy. Not having him this weekend is a huuuge loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back