2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 10th of April 2:10pm at Alberton Oval.

For details on how to watch the game go to this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watching-the-maggies-in-the-sanfl-in-2021.1255843/

Radio: 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

Rockliff could miss 1-2 weeks with a concussion after being sent to the hospital from collision in the centre square at Norwood Oval. Powell-Pepper is back training but will still be at least a week away.

This game is a day after the AFL game so if the sub is not activated, that person can play in this game (Mayes was used). Sounds like Bergman could drop down here and Jones will make his AFL Debut. I also think SANFL listed player Ben Edwards (as a swing man) will be picked for this game.

If selected, Miles Bergman would make his SANFL Debut, and Dylan Aldridge would make his PAFC SANFL Debut.

Maggies Side:
IN: Edwards, Aldridge, Bergman
OUT: Rockliff (Concussion), Jones (AFL), Mayes (AFL)

F: Weidemann - Surman - Burgoyne
HF: Woodcock - Lord - Schofield
C: Farrell - Sutcliffe (C) - Bergman
HB: Frederick - Edwards - Lienert
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Hayes - Williams - Mead
INT FROM: Moore - Wildman - Westbrook - Aldridge

Last edited:
I've been told, don't expect SPP to come back. I don't know how true it is, but a mate of mine who's really close to some involved with the club said that the power are thinking of cutting him, apparently he has a pretty bad drinking problem and has fallen off the wagon, now, we'll find out if that's true or not, but for the moment, unless we hear from the club, SPP will definitely not be playing.

I've been told, don't expect SPP to come back. I don't know how true it is, but a mate of mine who's really close to some involved with the club said that the power are thinking of cutting him, apparently he has a pretty bad drinking problem and has fallen off the wagon, now, we'll find out if that's true or not, but for the moment, unless we hear from the club, SPP will definitely not be playing.
Upsetting if true. I would hope we are providing Sam as much support as he needs.

So the rhetoric from Vossy, Boak, et al about him being in a good space is all bulldust?
I guess we should just wait for something definitive to come out.

Unless he has ****ed up big time a drinking problem in its self isn't getting him cut. You build a support network around him and work with him to sort it out on the assumption he recognises he has a problem.

Is there an undisclosed issue that is beyond just a alcohol problem? Assaults? Driving cars though the club rooms?

Unless he has f’ed up big time a drinking problem in its self isn't getting him cut. You build a support network around him and work with him to sort it out on the assumption he recognises he has a problem.

Is there an undisclosed issue that is beyond just a alcohol problem? Assaults? Driving cars though the club rooms?

I do think there was more to it, but I truly don't remember all the details, I know that that training session he missed, wasn't the only one.

You must have got some old news from a month ago. He's back training. Was at Nord Oval watching the game too.

You must have got some old news from a month ago. He's back training. Was at Nord Oval watching the game too.

I’ve heard stories. Every single one seems to have a variation of the same base story. None of them worth repeating because they obviously aren’t true.

I’ve heard stories. Every single one seems to have a variation of the same base story. None of them worth repeating because they obviously aren’t true.
Although he won't play this game because he still needs to catch up fitness wise. I reckon his hand is not 100% healed either yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm heard he went into a restaurant and ate all the everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant

I'm heard he went into a restaurant and ate all the everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant

That’s one of the stories.

About as plausible as the rest of them.

More plausible than the other made up shxt. For whatever reason he missed a session, it appears the club is sympathetic and I still believe it is not a discipline response by the club. I just wish every would STFU with their theories (hopes in some cases).

I heard Sam Powell-Pepper and Ken Hinkley were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

Initial Maggies Side: (Mayes, Bergman, Woodcock and Ladhams could all be added, with up to 2 dropping out)
IN: Edwards, Aldridge
OUT: Rockliff (Concussion), Jones (AFL), Mayes, Woodcock

F: Weidemann - Surman - Burgoyne
HF: Moore - Lord - Schofield
C: Farrell - Sutcliffe (C) - Wildman
HB: Frederick - Edwards - Lienert
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Hayes - Williams - Mead
INT FROM: Westbrook - Aldridge
EMERG: Mayes - Bergman - Woodcock - Ladhams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back