2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Nyq1YXH.png

2iMXyay.png
Surely a Fox Sports Pulse error regarding our best players? Who enters the best players for each team on there?

Last edited:
Surely a Fox Sports Pulse error regarding our best players? Who enters the best players for each team on there?
Don't know exactly, I always thought it was someone related to the club but after looking at Butcher's numbers maybe not :D

Went home yesterday.

After saturday really wanted to see that wharf pylon /prison bar jumper, touch that grass, feel that aura. Maybe a little bit not just for me but for those that love the club but are hurting. The people that wake up at ungodly hours to watch a dodgy picture on the other side of the world or those that struggle with a stream on the other side of the country or are closer but for whatever reason feel that connect but couldn't be standing where I have the opportunity to.

Not a good day football wise. Carbon copy of Saturday almost.

Took some time at the end of the game when most had left to sit there and take it all in. Felt almost compelled to walk around the oval and that's when something really weird happened.

Walked a full lap on the grass and then back around towards the bowling club imagining the players who had been on those spots, had run down that wing and kicked that goal. I imagined the crowd, generations of them yelling passionately at their team or at the umpires, shared a beer and a chat as I have many many times.

I got to the 50m line near the bowling club and there was no one within 30-50m of me except for a couple of kids kicking with their dads when the it happened.

I fair dinkum heard someone say "Tell them we're here". "Tell them we are here".

So I don't post a lot particularly at the moment but slept on it (as it freaked me out just a little bit) and thought I will do that.

The club is there has been for nearly 150 years. The players are there have been for nearly 150 years. The fans are there have been for nearly 150 years.

And you know what long after we are gone and the current hurt is over the club will be there, and those voices will be there and I will be added to those voices (and so will you).

So I am angry and sad and frustrated but a little calmer as I know I am part of something bigger. So Ken, Keith, Travis, all of you...

"We are here ".

Went home yesterday.

After saturday really wanted to see that wharf pylon /prison bar jumper, touch that grass, feel that aura. Maybe a little bit not just for me but for those that love the club but are hurting. The people that wake up at ungodly hours to watch a dodgy picture on the other side of the world or those that struggle with a stream on the other side of the country or are closer but for whatever reason feel that connect but couldn't be standing where I have the opportunity to.

Not a good day football wise. Carbon copy of Saturday almost.

Took some time at the end of the game when most had left to sit there and take it all in. Felt almost compelled to walk around the oval and that's when something really weird happened.

Walked a full lap on the grass and then back around towards the bowling club imagining the players who had been on those spots, had run down that wing and kicked that goal. I imagined the crowd, generations of them yelling passionately at their team or at the umpires, shared a beer and a chat as I have many many times.

I got to the 50m line near the bowling club and there was no one within 30-50m of me except for a couple of kids kicking with their dads when the it happened.

I fair dinkum heard someone say "Tell them we're here". "Tell them we are here".

So I don't post a lot particularly at the moment but slept on it (as it freaked me out just a little bit) and thought I will do that.

The club is there has been for nearly 150 years. The players are there have been for nearly 150 years. The fans are there have been for nearly 150 years.

And you know what long after we are gone and the current hurt is over the club will be there, and those voices will be there and I will be added to those voices (and so will you).

So I am angry and sad and frustrated but a little calmer as I know I am part of something bigger. So Ken, Keith, Travis, all of you...

"We are here ".
Damn good post, mate.

Can anyone who was at the game give me an idea how Jansen performed? I rate him highly - should've been rookied by us last year.

Can anyone who was at the game give me an idea how Jansen performed? I rate him highly - should've been rookied by us last year.
Can't help you. I really am a one eyed supporter. They had good players all over the ground.
We were soundly beaten by a better TEAM and COACH. There was one highlight on the day though.
A vision impaired young woman gave a stirring rendition of the national anthem. As good as I've ever heard.

The opposition crowds are becoming more and more hostile and feral, I wish we could just piss the whole $ANFL off if they think they will be better without us. The environment is unhealthy for our players and our supporters.
Think this is an issue that has to be addressed. The sanfl is a disgrace in not stamping this out. We need to join the vfl as soon as possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe like U10s, best 5 gets rotated around evenly. Do SANFL players' mothers ask coaches if they could just speak to them outside for a moment?

Last edited:
Maybe like U10s, best 5 gets rotated around evenly. Do SANFL player's mothers ask coaches if they could just speak to them outside for a moment?
We only named one player though.

I genuinely think that the sanfl directs it's umpires to be harsher against the Port Adelaide reserves team
We have won the free kick count 10 times in 45 games since all the AFL players moved to the Magpies.

Keep in mind too we have been one of the top teams in the SANFL in that time. Couldn't buy a free kick when we were winning by an average of 100 points every week in 2014.

All our players should be technically better with their tackling/general defending and we should not be giving away more free kicks than amateur teams every week.

So yea, cheating.

Standing with our cheersquad last year when one of our own yelled out to the umpire "your an idiot"
I yelled out straight away "he's not an idiot, he's a cheat"
Even the umpire smiled :eek: so funny
not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back