2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was at the game and only just catching up with the thread.
He's not getting any recognition here but Motlop was excellent today. Got his hands dirty in the middle and delivered the ball with class. He'll come back in next week and deserve to.

Ladhams was awesome. That was the best game by one of our developing ruckman in the sanfl I can remember seeing. He's a proper footballer who knows what he's doing as well.

Billy needs to come in next week and play alongside Marshall. Kicked goals, created goals, handed off goals and clunked marks despite having his arms held all game.

Cox is about the only player on the list who knows how to lead.

Thought Atley was one of our best but unless they drop both Drew and one of Ollie or Rockliff there's not a spot for him.

Play Farrell

Would like to see Garner in to replace Bonner or even DBJ but Ken's not brave enough

Have we ever had a ruckman producing those types of numbers in the sanfl?

I wonder if the coaches think he’s ready yet?

Amazing game!

In the AFL reserves era. Bruggerman, Renouf, Redden and Lobbe can’t touch these Ladhams performances.

100% we are rebuilding effectively. We arn't winning anything this year so this is a must.

Yep, just do it. Be brave.

It's the same structure we were promised when we thought Dixon would be playing.

Hinkley isn’t familiar with this word, “what is this structure you speak of ?”

Can't wait to see Sam Gray exposing Daniel Talia one out in the goal square :rolleyes:

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
You don't put up a soft pathetic performance on a Friday night, in a crucial game for the club without massive changes to the team.

In Farrel Billy ladhams Atley Cox Garner (Jonas)
Out Rockliff Dbj bonner Butters one of the ruckmen. Ebert if he can't get up lienert if Jonas is ready.
Could also crop drew for Motlop.

I don't care, reward form. Punnish softness and failure.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It's the same structure we were promised when we thought Dixon would be playing.

Presumably when Dixon does come back, Ken would be prepared to play Dixon, Marshall and Ryder in the same forward line, with Westhoff resuming the full-time utility or wing role.

Well then why the hell wouldn't you try this structure for the next month with Frampton?

I would give Frampton a month to lay down the challenge to Dixon. Let Billy prove that he can do the job up there better than Charlie. I'll back him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In before they're both at the Maggies for the rest of the year....

The scariest horror movies are the ones you believe can happen.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Were AJ and Grundy injured? Seem a tad quiet.

What’s was Frampton’s elbow injury?

Johnson may have picked up something in the second half, was one of our best in the first quarter and a bit.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He wasn't serious when he didn't select him this week. Just pissed the game against Collingwood away by not having a decent contested mark in the goal square which would have allowed Westhoff to roam and cause the Collingwood midfield issues by forcing them down the line.
We don’t win with Frampton IMO.

The problem was getting bullied at stoppages, we needed another big body in there to replace Robbie Gray.

That said having Frampton AS WELL would have been nice.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We don’t win with Frampton IMO.

The problem was getting bullied at stoppages, we needed another big body in there to replace Robbie Gray.

That said having Frampton AS WELL would have been nice.

Frampton stems the bleeding but wouldn’t win us the game.

Robbie Gray (in the Midfeild) and Charlie Dixon being there and having the best games of their life’s may have, but even that’s a stretch.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We weren't going to win the Collingwood game the minute that Lycett, Wines and Rockliff decided not to turn up. Everything else was secondary. Three of our four most important players in the centre square match-up (the other being Boak) had shockers, and Boak took a half to warm up as well.

We could have had six Billy Framptons in our forward line and we still would have lost, even though the margin probably would have been reduced to <3 points;)

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep Ryder rarely marks in a pack, he gets moved out of the best spot so he’s better in the pocket leading out to half forward , so yep the future is now now I’m with you two guys . Frampton at full forward and Marshall at centre half forward , let Frampton warm the seat from Dixon , I wouldn’t be surprised if he kicked two a game .

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
There were 15 minutes there in the 3rd quarter when Frampton went off when we looked like the AFL side.

Fortunately he came back onto the ground and things looked good again.

Rozee Marshall Ebert
Ryder Frampton Farrell

That would be my Showdown forward line.

How good does it look.

Absolutely love it. Would have Butters on the bench as well.

What I don't understand is why the coaches love talking about Hoff's versatility yet put themselves into a corner whereby they play him as a tall forward. It doesn't work. It's never worked. It screws the balance of the team up. Play him on a wing and go with a more traditional forward set up.

ctpower

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
The players we want and need to be playing well at SANFL level are doing it.

Hinkley needs to reward this and show more imagination than bringing in just Motlop this week (or Amon last week).

Farrell, Garner, Ladhams, Frampton, Atley all belong to our future. Our AFL side is not playing at such a level that we can't justify giving each of these players a go at some stage this year.

Out: Amon. In: Farrell.
Out: DBJ. In: Garner
Out: Butters: In: Frampton.
Out: Bonner: In: Jonas

You could justifiably make those changes this week based on the form of all players concerned.

Hell, I wouldn't batter an eyelid if Wines or Drew came out for Atley.
I’m ok with these changes as long as you are not wanting to put garner on eddie betts.
Rule 1 never put a kid on Eddie betts

I was thinking the same thing. Play Frampton so at least we're playing to our desired (promised, hoped for, ideal) structure. Form warrants it.

Waiting for "yeah look...."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back