2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 6 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I must have got this wrong.

I thought I remembered the SANFL bringing in a rule that if they hadn't played league by a certain date then they had to release them to us if we wanted them?

I also thought that the SANFL had limited it to 4 weeks.
It is indeed for 4 weeks. This is the SANFL rule on this as was posted by RussellEbertHandball back in 2018 after the rule change ....
  • AFL approved Next Generation Academy (NGA) and Father Son players can be temporarily permitted during their 18th and 19th years (the years in which they are eligible for drafting with concessions) if nominated by the AFL club they are aligned to. It should be noted that this is subject to the player electing and agreeing to being nominated by AFC and PAFC for temporary permit.
    • In the 18th year, such a player can be permitted for a period of four games, but will not be eligible for a permit if they have already played League Football at their SANFL club. The SANFL Club will receive a fee in the sum of $2,500.

It is indeed for 4 weeks. This is the SANFL rule on this as was posted by RussellEbertHandball back in 2018 after the rule change ....
  • AFL approved Next Generation Academy (NGA) and Father Son players can be temporarily permitted during their 18th and 19th years (the years in which they are eligible for drafting with concessions) if nominated by the AFL club they are aligned to. It should be noted that this is subject to the player electing and agreeing to being nominated by AFC and PAFC for temporary permit.
    • In the 18th year, such a player can be permitted for a period of four games, but will not be eligible for a permit if they have already played League Football at their SANFL club. The SANFL Club will receive a fee in the sum of $2,500.

Thanks Tibbs I couldn't find that.

That's a lot of fund raiser sausages and it doesn't seem like they get a choice.

I guess WWT aren't just doing it out of the goodness of their heart :)

McKenzie, Lienert, Bonner, Ladhams and Mayes drop back in. 1 of Woodcock and Frederick to drop in also.

Initial Maggies Side: (Woodcock or Frederick to drop back in)
IN: Goldsack, Mayes J.Burgoyne, Carter
OUT: Rockliff (MCL), Farrell (AFL), Bode (Ribs)

F: Ladhams - Edwards - Williams
HF: Moore - Weidemann - J.Burgoyne
C: Bonner - Sutcliffe (C) - Wildman
HB: Strange - Goldsack - Lienert
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - Schofield
INT FROM: Samblich - Aldridge - Wong - Carter - Westbrook
EMERG: 1 of Woodcock or Frederick

I'd say either Wong or Carter will drop. Unfortunate for Wong, I think he played well last week, and I'd also like to see what Carter can do. But I can't see Samblich, Aldridge or Westbrooke getting dropped

The ruck contest should be a highlight. The sanfl game commentators called Strachan the form ruckman in the comp. Hayes has swept all before him this year so this should be a good test.

The ruck contest should be a highlight. The sanfl game commentators called Strachan the form ruckman in the comp. Hayes has swept all before him this year so this should be a good test.
Hayes should absolutely slaughter him especially around the ground.

If he can't it should pretty well end all calls for him to be selected whilst Lycett is fit.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we probably lose this game. Our midfield has been decimated and even when they were close to full strength in the preseason we got destroyed by the Crows in the reserves trial match. Backline is strong, forward line OK.

Hoping to see Dylan Williams play well across the 4 quarters, Hayes dominate in the ruck and Burgoyne show some weapons.

Why the * is ebony marinoff commentating this game. Openly says she has barracking for crows within first minute. * me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back