2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 6 @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday 8th of May 3:35pm at Adelaide Oval.

For details on how to watch the game go to this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watching-the-maggies-in-the-sanfl-in-2021.1255843/

Radio: 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

I'm predicting a few changes this week with maybe Bonner, Farrell get called up to the AFL squad of 23. Unfortunately it sounds like Rockliff has done an MCL so he will be out for a fair period. Surman is out for a few weeks with a shoulder problem. Ollie Lord is still another week away. Bode hurt his ribs. Goldsack is back training and could make a return.

This game is a curtain raiser for the AFL game so the sub will not be able to play (EG: Farrell).

Tyson Goldsack and Jase Burgoyne could make their SANFL Debuts.

We are now in the top 5 after a surprising upset (and belting) against WWT Eagles, another win should continue to keep us in a good position.
1620014620521.png

Maggies Side:
IN: Goldsack, Woodcock, Mayes, J.Burgoyne
OUT: Rockliff (MCL), Farrell (AFL), Bode (Ribs), Wong

F: Ladhams - Edwards - Williams
HF: Moore - Weidemann - Woodcock
C: Bonner - Sutcliffe (C) - Wildman
HB: Strange - Goldsack - Lienert
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - Schofield
INT FROM: J.Burgoyne - Samblich - Aldridge - Westbrook

Last edited:

Cheesey Mac

Team Captain
Mar 19, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Sox, Patriots
Got an email from the club regarding Magpie season ticket access to this game. Free ticket to both games by inputting your Magpie barcode into Ticketek when the member ticket window starts (Tuesday May 4 @ 11 AM).

Essentially getting a ticket to an AFL game for free, so anyone with a ticket to the AFL Showdown will be able to attend this game as curtain raiser without any issues.

CreightonS

Team Captain
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
We noticed a mistake on the Ticketek website yesterday before us Essential Power Western Stand unreserved seating members booking window opened at 11am for the Showdown where Ticketek specified that Adelaide Oval gates opening time is 5-30pm instead of 3-30pm so I immediately rang AO and then Member Services at PAFC and had to leave a message at AO suggesting they need to get onto Ticketek urgently to get them to correct the mistake lest numbers of our members mistakenly think they can't get into the oval until 5-30pm thereby missing most of the Maggies v Cows reserves game - when ringing PAFC Member Services I explained the Ticketek mistake and he said he'd get onto it - I also suggested perhaps our club should send out a quick email to members re-iterating the 3-30pm gates opening time and also encourage as many supporters as possible to come early to watch our Maggies. AO rang me back late arvo yesterday to advise the correct gates opening time of 3-30pm is now showing on Ticketek. Go you Maggies and of course the Power later on - a double win would be so enjoyable.:hearteyes:

Edit:- Hey RossFC and others who see me and 1954 at Maggies Alberton Oval games from time to time, we're planning to be there (in the usual spot in the Quinn Stand) when our Maggies play North Adelaide on Saturday 22 May - see you then. :) :cool:

John the Butcher

Does not support the Ken Hinkley Football Club
May 27, 2014
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
We noticed a mistake on the Ticketek website yesterday before us Essential Power Western Stand unreserved seating members booking window opened at 11am for the Showdown where Ticketek specified that Adelaide Oval gates opening time is 5-30pm instead of 3-30pm so I immediately rang AO and then Member Services at PAFC and had to leave a message at AO suggesting they need to get onto Ticketek urgently to get them to correct the mistake lest numbers of our members mistakenly think they can't get into the oval until 5-30pm thereby missing most of the Maggies v Cows reserves game - when ringing PAFC Member Services I explained the Ticketek mistake and he said he'd get onto it - I also suggested perhaps our club should send out a quick email to members re-iterating the 3-30pm gates opening time and also encourage as many supporters as possible to come early to watch our Maggies. AO rang me back late arvo yesterday to advise the correct gates opening time of 3-30pm is now showing on Ticketek. Go you Maggies and of course the Power later on - a double win would be so enjoyable.:hearteyes:
So we have less than 5 mins to get to our seat to see the Magpies game start and can't see run outs etc?

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Ridiculous that we can't have Burgoyne for the rest of the year if WWT are only playing him in the juniors.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s kinda cool we get him for the next 4 weeks. If he earns his spot who says that won’t be extended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoTheMightyCrows

Bigfooty Visionary
Oct 8, 2019
Highland, Albuquerque
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ridiculous that we can't have Burgoyne for the rest of the year if WWT are only playing him in the juniors.

I think it's pretty decent of WWT releasing Jase for four games as their U18's are only one game away from slipping out of the top 5.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
You know what? An SANFL team has, for pretty much the first time ever, done the right thing by Port and one of our kids. It's a step in the right direction and I'll take it.

Will be interesting to see whether he gets a game, and/or whether we prioritise getting games into him ahead of the teams interests.

If I was a gambling man, I'd predict this game to easily be the closest of the day, so really looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can make it a big back to back day of wins.

Initial Maggies Side: (Up to 6 players to drop back in)
IN: Goldsack, J.Burgoyne, Carter
OUT: Rockliff (MCL), Bonner (AFL), Ladhams (AFL), McKenzie (AFL), Farrell (AFL), Lienert (AFL), Bode (Ribs)

F: Williams - Edwards - Wong
HF: Moore - Weidemann - J.Burgoyne
C: Samblich - Sutcliffe (C) - Wildman
HB: Aldridge - Goldsack - Carter
B: Strange - Corcoran - Garner
R: Hayes - Westbrook - Schofield
INT: ? - ? - ? - ?
EMERG: Bonner - Ladhams - McKenzie - Farrell - Lienert
I'm hoping the 6 people that drop back in are McKenzie, Lienert, Hammer, Woodcock, Ladhams and Mayes.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I'm hoping the 6 people that drop back in are McKenzie, Lienert, Hammer, Woodcock, Ladhams and Mayes.
That midfield looks mighty shallow. If Farrell plays for the Power then from a couple weeks back we'll have SPP, Rocky, Mead, Farrell, Appleton all out of the middle.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I think its great from WWT! they didnt need to do it for us, and they have put a plyer and his development ahead of their club. Its brilliant to see and exactly what SANFL clubs should be doing more of

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think its great from WWT! they didnt need to do it for us, and they have put a plyer and his development ahead of their club. Its brilliant to see and exactly what SANFL clubs should be doing more of

I must have got this wrong.

I thought I remembered the SANFL bringing in a rule that if they hadn't played league by a certain date then they had to release them to us if we wanted them?

I also thought that the SANFL had limited it to 4 weeks.

Last edited:

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I must have got this wrong.

I thought I remembered the SANFL ringing in a rule that if they hadn't played league by a certain date then they had to release them to us if we wanted them?

I also thought that the SANFL had limited it to 4 weeks.
I thought this was the case as well. I remember it almost hapenning with Mead, but then they played him just before the threshold was reached.

Back