2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 1 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

8428d98e717d132c3fe72c5cb9299167.jpg

I can’t believe so many wanted our captain dropped for pasini.

And hayes isn’t getting selected for a reason, absolute garbage.

Georgiades and Burgoyne were a disgrace too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Can’t disagree with any of this. Hayes, Pasini, Burgoyne and Georgiades were nowhere near it. Problem is, Lycett and Jonas are no good either.

Head of development matthew lobbe has it under control. He was also the best talent available for the role.

Lol do we even interview anyone for anything?

We need the like of Greg Phillips, Tim Ginevar.......I can list a few to put forward some kind blood let, and show that they have passion for the magnificent club they spilt blood and sweat and joy for.
This cant go on, or the club I grew up adoring will just die in my heart.

You can forgive some of the first year players. You can forgive some of the players who have had long term injuries.

You can't forgive senior players who should do better.

The response to this sort of game should be strong and players should be called out for appalling efforts. But we all know that won't happen. It will be hugging and togetherness or some s**t.

Disappointed at this the only option I support is there to be a repeat of the same at afl level. I only have one hope for this routed club is for the perpetrators to be shown the door.

We need the like of Greg Phillips, Tim Ginevar.......I can list a few to put forward some kind blood let, and show that they have passion for the magnificent club they spilt blood and sweat and joy for.
This cant go on, or the club I grew up adoring will just die in my heart.
Once these people are in it’s hard to get them out.
Be nice if we could have an old time Russian Revolution but sadly this is not the way of the 21st century.
I can’t see any real improvement until Kotch & Co are gone but it’s not going to happen as quick as we would like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinn faded, but I like what I saw in the first half. That was easily his best footy since being here.

Not many other positives really.

Our depth is shallow, we have several project/development players in our squad. We are insanely young, and we'll feel it for a while.

This is what happens when you have no high draft picks coming in and cut too quickly with the older fringe players and leave the Magpies squad full of late draft players who have a heck of a lot of developing to do.

Special mention for Jackson. Clearly played with a new layer of confidence and looked really promising..... Until he disposed of the footy..... Wow. Ball burning of the highest order today. He needs to be better than that if he is to have any chance of ever playing AFL.

He looks like a plodder to me.

Arrive at the game at half time and check here for comments.

Read here about "Josh Sinn wowee"

So I watched him closely.

He did nothing.
His first half was exciting, some of the speed away from clearance and run through the middle was very good. Easily his best half with us.

For a kid that hasn't played much, fading out as the team gave up isn't a surprise.

He looks like a plodder to me.

Arrive at the game at half time and check here for comments.

Read here about "Josh Sinn wowee"

So I watched him closely.

He did nothing.
Hes not fully fit yet.

He was electric in the first quarter and will be doing that all game soon.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Would it be worth trying Visentini out from what you seen today or is he not up to it yet?
None of them are ready. They all do bits and pieces but are no way near consistent enough to compete or impact at AFL level. Not him, not Teakle, not Lord, not Pasini, not Georgiades. They all drop their heads, or do undisciplined acts or play from behind out of tiredness/laziness.

Sinn chased really hard and tweaked an ankle in the third

Probably should have gone off

Wouldn't read too much into his game after that

There was no major discussion of it. I remember hearing at the time the one of the commentators said he looked like he hurt himself in the tackle. No vision, no more mention of it. Had about 17 touches at halftime, ended up with 19 and no discussion whatsoever.

It isn't simply who played well and who didn't play well the fact is we played without any semblance of teamwork. Our midfield was monstered and we actually helped the opposition with some decidedly dumb football. Talk about Hinkleyball there was a classic example in the last quarter when young Kirk took a strong mark then ****ed it up by trying to short pass to a player on the boundary line. The ball finished out of bounds and the cows eventually rebounded. That was almost an identical scenario to a mark Butters took for a similar result against Brisbane. It seems that under Hinkleyball players cannot kick long as they have to short pass regardless.

We were undisciplined, lacked teamwork and are lacking in the basic skills of the game. Not sure if a Coach has ever been sacked after one game but geez Goldsack would have to be a gold star candidate. Then again it probably would not matter as the position would just be filled by another Hinkley clone. Last year when they moved Matt Lokan on I was filled with some optimism as I thought things might improve how wrong I was.

Only thing about it Goldsack will not be able to say, 'we are a young developing side and we are learning' because on the strength of the past two weeks we have learned nothing. Flogged by 10 goals last week and even more by the same side this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back