2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 1 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't simply who played well and who didn't play well the fact is we played without any semblance of teamwork. Our midfield was monstered and we actually helped the opposition with some decidedly dumb football. Talk about Hinkleyball there was a classic example in the last quarter when young Kirk took a strong mark then ****ed it up by trying to short pass to a player on the boundary line. The ball finished out of bounds and the cows eventually rebounded. That was almost an identical scenario to a mark Butters took for a similar result against Brisbane. It seems that under Hinkleyball players cannot kick long as they have to short pass regardless.

We were undisciplined, lacked teamwork and are lacking in the basic skills of the game. Not sure if a Coach has ever been sacked after one game but geez Goldsack would have to be a gold star candidate. Then again it probably would not matter as the position would just be filled by another Hinkley clone. Last year when they moved Matt Lokan on I was filled with some optimism as I thought things might improve how wrong I was.

Only thing about it Goldsack will not be able to say, 'we are a young developing side and we are learning' because on the strength of the past two weeks we have learned nothing. Flogged by 10 goals last week and even more by the same side this week.
We have a lot of very young, very tall timber.

They take years to develop, not weeks.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have a lot of very young, very tall timber.

They take years to develop, not weeks.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is true Visentini, Kyle Marshall and Scully are young talls but we have always had young tall timber. The likes of Hayes, Teakle and Lord have been around for a while and gave us very little. In the past we have had some experienced ball getters to go with our young talls but we have delisted them and their replacements are not as efficient.

We lost that game by almost 12 goals and we cannot put that down to a couple of developing talls.

We aren’t going to win too many games with so many young players ( 8 teenagers today ) We can’t get too down by the scores and just hope some of the young players come along and play for the Power

Remind me why Goldsack is the coach?

What a freaking farce. Bloke has zero experience and we put him in charge of our youngsters to teach them Hinkleyball.

Get a proper successful sanfl coach and put him in charge.

What's that, we have one? Well we know Ken doesn't want someone with his own ideas diluting his genius.

Last year our midfield was held together by Mayes we may have culled to far and left the midfield badly exposed. Poor list management, trying to overcorrect for lack of talls in previous drafting.

We let Mayes go and kept Sutcliffe.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Dumont is a 100+ game AFL player and you would easily mistake him for a top up. And not even one of the good top ups.

Really, really poor. As one of the few senior heads in the team you would expect much more from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somewhere in my house I have a budget where in a game at Alberton the Maggie's line up had about 5 sub 175 cm players in it, and I can remember that Jake Neade wasn't one of them.

We were too small back then but at least we were competitive, and now we have gone the other way with too many bean poles, some of whom will have to be played out of position on any given day which does absolutely sfa for team balance or their personal development.

Quality list management?
Yeah right!

Football is 80 percent mental 20 percent skill, 15 percent application and 10 percent mathematics.

Can't be good for teenagers to go through being so poor as a team. Trying to educate them on 150 years of demanding success and we set them up in that environment?.

Makes you doubt yourselves, your team mates and the club. Not great for developing themselves or the main team.

Yes I get the Maggie's is for development now but a key part of that is how to get the best out of yourself as a person, team mate and contributing to an overall goal and a culture.

Struggle to see how that is happening now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back