2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 12 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 8th of July: Maggies at 2:40pm (TV coverage starts at 2:30pm), Academy have the bye.

Maggies Changes:
IN: A.Young, T.Gray
OUT: Drew, Atley (AFL)

Maggies Side:
F: Ladhams - Howard - Eddy
HF: T.Gray - Marshall - Monfries
C: Bonner - A.Young - Summerton (C)
HB: Irra - Lobbe - Toumpas
B: Lienert - Austin - Snelling
R: Frampton - Ah Chee - Palmer
INT: Krakouer - Johnson - Hewett
EMERG: Sharrad - Reynolds

Currently 2nd on the ladder, Eddy still leading the Ken Farmer by 7 goals after kicking 3 more last week.
Untitled.jpg

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 10 points.

Last edited:
Also worth noting that we've finalised the 15 SANFL listed players spots.

Darcy Ginever (Son of Tim Ginever) and Levi Proude (Academy B&F winner) have been promoted from the Academy and Zac Hawkins has re-signed.

Also worth noting that we've finalised the 15 SANFL listed players spots.

Darcy Ginever (Son of Tim Ginever) and Levi Proude (Academy B&F winner) have been promoted from the Academy and Zac Hawkins has re-signed.

Where did you hear that?

I'm not convinced we're performing anywhere near our potential at the moment, but I'm also not sure how much we're being hindered by having too many talls in one side. So possibly 1 might be a leading cause of the other.

What I do know however is that these Magpie games clearly highlight our game plan issues, and so it'll be interesting to see how this game plays out ahead of the coming Showdown.

We need significant improvement in our team defence, we need to stop allowing free running waves of opposition players through the corridor, and we need to find better avenues of ball movement forward as our transition at SANFL level is horrible.

This is still one of the best positions our list has ever been in with so much young developing talent, and so much depth, so you'd expect as we near the pointy end that will start to shine through and we'll get some better results. I guess the key part there though is just to get some uplift from those experienced players like AhChee, Krakouer, Young, etc, they must be the ones to lead the way, it can't be all on Atley and Palmer

Port by 21.

I'm not convinced we're performing anywhere near our potential at the moment, but I'm also not sure how much we're being hindered by having too many talls in one side. So possibly 1 might be a leading cause of the other.

What I do know however is that these Magpie games clearly highlight our game plan issues, and so it'll be interesting to see how this game plays out ahead of the coming Showdown.

We need significant improvement in our team defence, we need to stop allowing free running waves of opposition players through the corridor, and we need to find better avenues of ball movement forward as our transition at SANFL level is horrible.

This is still one of the best positions our list has ever been in with so much young developing talent, and so much depth, so you'd expect as we near the pointy end that will start to shine through and we'll get some better results. I guess the key part there though is just to get some uplift from those experienced players like AhChee, Krakouer, Young, etc, they must be the ones to lead the way, it can't be all on Atley and Palmer

Port by 21.
Having 1 less tall forward in the SANFL side by calling up Eddy would help. Also replacing Lobbe with a KPD via the draft in the offseason would be good.

Magpies played pretty well last week except for that third quarter as long as we put together four quarters we'll be find Magpies by 39

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should make finals surely, and honestly, the 17 AFL player cap will make us stronger (would like to see it implemented next season in all honesty) we won't be over loaded with talls but can replace em with experienced SANFL players like Sharrad, Young, Reynolds, Tommy Gray, Rudloff, who ever. I think it will benefit us.

We should make finals surely, and honestly, the 17 AFL player cap will make us stronger (would like to see it implemented next season in all honesty) we won't be over loaded with talls but can replace em with experienced SANFL players like Sharrad, Young, Reynolds, Tommy Gray, Rudloff, who ever. I think it will benefit us.
Will be interesting to see who the Power players are that miss out.

I'd suggest Ladhams is clear first choice. His spot is there for R Young to take in the forward pocket. Snelling will make way for Sharrad. Johnson out for Summerton. Then probably a tough choice that next one, maybe Marshall out for Rudloff.

Will be interesting to see who the Power players are that miss out.

I'd suggest Ladhams is clear first choice. His spot is there for R Young to take in the forward pocket. Snelling will make way for Sharrad. Johnson out for Summerton. Then probably a tough choice that next one, maybe Marshall out for Rudloff.
Team now:
F: Ladhams - Howard - Eddy
HF: Palmer - Marshall - Monfries
C: Drew - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Bonner - Lobbe - Irra
B: Lienert - Austin - Toumpas
R: Frampton - Hewett - Ah Chee
INT: Krakouer - Snelling - Johnson

My possible finals team with 17 AFL players & 4 SANFL players.

IN: Sharrad, R.Young, Rudloff (Summerton already in)
OUT: Lobbe, Johnson, Snelling

F: Ladhams - Eddy - R.Young
HF: Palmer - Marshall - Monfries
C: Drew - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Bonner - Howard - Irra
B: Lienert - Austin - Rudloff
R: Frampton - Sharrad - Ah Chee
INT: Toumpas - Krakouer - Hewett

Na Lobbe isn't long term, but he's a country mile ahead of Ladhams. We need to be trying to win the flag come finals time, not develop.

Na Lobbe isn't long term, but he's a country mile ahead of Ladhams. We need to be trying to win the flag come finals time, not develop.
I have Ladhams over Lobbe because he's a better forward. Lobbe is a sitting duck around the ground.

Also when comparing Lobbe and Frampton, Lobbe might get more hitouts but the midfield does a lot better when Frampton is there.

Having Lobbe ruck + Frampton forward is a different story though.

If we shouldn't be trying to develop players in our reserves where should we be developing them?
During the 18 minor round games.

When finals time comes, we should be trying to win the premiership. Ladhams is a liability at SANFL level at the moment and should not be playing in the finals. Long term though he looks like he's coming along great.

Looks like the weather could have an impact on this game too. With our inferior ability in contested ball to the Crows reserves that could definitely have an impact on the result. I'll certainly be hoping the weather holds off.

During the 18 minor round games.

When finals time comes, we should be trying to win the premiership. Ladhams is a liability at SANFL level at the moment and should not be playing in the finals. Long term though he looks like he's coming along great.

Ladhams is only a 'liability' at SANFL level because he's stuck playing some weird third ruck/fourth tall forward role and he's only stuck playing that role because of the continual presence of Lobbe.

That said, I wouldn't be outraged if Ladhams was dropped. I would, however, be outraged if Marshall was dropped. Dude is our great white hope, if we make it to the SANFL finals then we cannot rob him of that development opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back