2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 12 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

MutleyDog

Grumble Bum Extraordinaire
Nov 5, 2014
Straya
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You obviously don't go to a lot of Magpie games with a comment like that. Don't pick on the kids that play team footy, look at the senior blokes like Young, Palmer, Monfries etc that continually burn players in better positions. The kids and Magpies contracted players are the only ones playing to the team structure. Young put team mates in trouble on numerous occasions today due to his selfish acts. Snelling, Hewitt, Eddy, Bonner, Lienett, Austin & Howard play team footy. Drew and Atley do also hence their promotion. Probably shows why Young etc are in the 2s!!

Ive actually been to all of the magpies games apart from Sturt away and today. Maybe a little harsh on Bonner. Johnson got caught 3 or 4 times v Eagles

Oct 21, 2012
Paddy’s Pub
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
1990 grand final. Riot cops came with water cannon.
I was there. I saw a guy bolting off with 2 six packs under his arms. He wore a smart blow to the back of the head from a cop and didn't break stride. 18yo Vic Vinegar was seriously impressed.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
At the very least we are starting to develop some big man competition for spots, it's been a long time coming that is for sure.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I only saw about 20 minutes of the game. I like Bonner and Aj. Frampton was immense. He looks like a forward / ruck not a ruck. Young looks like a good sanfl p layer to me. I'm based. I've never been a fan. I don't see any weapons. Dougal showed some tools in the tiny bit I saw.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Best use of the three rucks all year. Lobbe was really good, Billy was bog by plenty, ladhams again showed his versatility up forward.
Eddy is in supreme form, kicked a few, gave off a few, a proper forward.
Defense was solid, midfield on top all day
Angus has shown enough, it's time to get him in.
Johnson after a slept sloppy start hit right on top. His pace is elite, we need pace in the afl team.
Can we drop this charade once and for all and admit Dougal is a Chb. Only handy up forward, gun Chb, I don't care how many goals a big mobile skilled athletic 200cm beast kicked against kids at junior level, in league football he is a Chb, that is it.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Enjoyed the game!
If we can't find a place for Eddy in the Power side well something is smelling a bit off! He is such a smart player.
Come on selectors pick the boy!
Other things that impressed me - in the 3rd quarter I loved the way Gus provided himself as a leading forward. Would have impressed the selectors, you would think?
A great game by Billy - did everything.
A bit of history today - the first Magpie game for premiership points played under lights at Alberton.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe we all need to remember AJ and Bonner are only in their second seasons and still have a lot of learning to do. AJ has barely played in the last 3 years and Bonner is still adjusting from juniors to SANFL.

Has Dougal really been that good at CHB? Ie showing more than he did at CHF?

On Howard, Frampton and Austin, they are only in their third season and have all suffered a lot of injuries. I think expectations for all three should be lowered somewhat. That being said, they have all been making solid progress.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
Maybe we all need to remember AJ and Bonner are only in their second seasons and still have a lot of learning to do. AJ has barely played in the last 3 years and Bonner is still adjusting from juniors to SANFL.

Has Dougal really been that good at CHB? Ie showing more than he did at CHF?

On Howard, Frampton and Austin, they are only in their third season and have all suffered a lot of injuries. I think expectations for all three should be lowered somewhat. That being said, they have all been making solid progress.

AJ has played 13 games in 3 years, finally appears to be getting over consistent injuries this year. Problem is, he is so damn quick when he does a leg muscle he does it proper!

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Layed an awesome sheppard in the second qtr and looked like there might have been a head clash the rocked him
Awesome, Awesome you say ? what the actual * do you mean bra ?! don't you know Toumpas is the entire reason we suck, that his presence on our list goes against the creed and every time he walks into Alberton Fos turns over In his grave?

His existence is an affront to any real port fan ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Holy poop.
I'm in Adelaide, was watching the game on TV, we were losing and playing pretty average footy.
Darned. Wish I could have watched the rest of it.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This gold pass system that Kenny has got going with the Power side is starting to really piss me off!!
When not getting a Power call up after Dougal got 8 big ones against Westies has, in my opinion, done serious damage to his confidence. Just ran around today without much direction. So sad!
Jesse is really putting in without getting any recognition. Billy is now showing his class but I bet he won't get a Power call up any time soon. Regarding Eddy, enough has been said.
With players like Pittard, Westhoff, Impey, Broadbent, Hartlett and Boak getting games without any questions being demanded is just not good enough.
Go for it Kenny, start picking a 22 that is based on form, whether it be in the 1's or the 2's. Reward the contributors, it's that simple.

At the very least we are starting to develop some big man competition for spots, it's been a long time coming that is for sure.

Competition implies any of them would be brought into the team at the expense of anyone in the team.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Worst scoreboard attendants in the league. After our first goal was scored it was not up for more than three minutes. When our second behind was scored the attendants didn't put it up, when the third was scored they changed the score to 1.2, when the fourth was scored they changed the score to 1.3 and when the fifth was scored they changed the score to 1.4. It wasn't until Aidyn Johnson missed from the goal square and the score was 1.6 that they corrected it. Whenever the cows scored they got it right but at least they had it right by quarter time.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Awesome, Awesome you say ? what the actual **** do you mean bra ?! don't you know Toumpas is the entire reason we suck, that his presence on our list goes against the creed and every time he walks into Alberton Fos turns over In his grave?

His existence is an affront to any real port fan ...
Are you on drugs. I said he layed an awesome sheppard, run 30-40m the lay a decent bump and some crow chasing inside forward 50, that's as port adelaide as it gets..

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Good
Monfries
Frampton
Young
Palmer
Eddy
Lobbe
Johnson
E man

Bad
Krak
Austin on himmelberg
Lienart on himmelberg
Bonner

Ugly
Howard looking defeated out there
Bonners haircut
Johnson's haircut
Rhett biglands

Are you on drugs. I said he layed an awesome sheppard, run 30-40m the lay a decent bump and some crow chasing inside forward 50, that's as port adelaide as it gets..

Psst, I think he was being sarcastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back