2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 12 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So how do people think Chad would coach at AFL level? I don't mean how good would he be but would he play three tall forwards, would he be about zone defence or man on man around the goal, defensive mix?

His hand is forced a bit by the composition of the squad leftovers he gets but he does seem to have a few different even contradictory ideas.
Only got to see the early parts of yesterday's game but he would be coaching under instructions wrt style etc.

We are improving in the AFL though.
Last year I kept saying that it looked as if we had 3 teams on the park. So far this year its looked as if we have two styles that don't always gel. The high press so to speak and our forward play. Works well apart from when we go wide and don't lock the ball in our forward 50 long enough for our defenders to set up a zone or whatever they call it nowadays.

He does seem to have coached well as some were wondering if he was up to it and has delivered.

R_Gray_Jnr_Jnr

All Australian
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus
Gee it felt refreshing when Eddy marked inside 50 you knew he was a 85% chance of kicking it through the goals. Pity we dont have anyone in our forward like whom i have this confidenxe in in our AFL side.

Kern please.note Eddy dished off two goals so his score line coukd have been 5.2. Also i saw one of his misses which was from.the intersection of 50 and boundary. Hard for anyway so lets go with a score line of 5.1. Please let him play AFL next week.

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Gee it felt refreshing when Eddy marked inside 50 you knew he was a 85% chance of kicking it through the goals. Pity we dont have anyone in our forward like whom i have this confidenxe in in our AFL side.

Kern please.note Eddy dished off two goals so his score line coukd have been 5.2. Also i saw one of his misses which was from.the intersection of 50 and boundary. Hard for anyway so lets go with a score line of 5.1. Please let him play AFL next week.
Doubt our coaching think tank is paying enough attention to Eddy to realise but gee whiz Johnson has to be close.....

Doubt our coaching think tank is paying enough attention to Eddy to realise but gee whiz Johnson has to be close.....
Johnson had a great last quarter and was average to poor for the rest of the game. Don't let those 3 goals cloud your judgment.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Johnson is as 'raw' a player I have seen. Needs to tidy up areas of his game but plays with instinct and great endeavour.
Another pre season with some one-on-one coaching re positioning, tackling and he will overtake Neade and Impey.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Best effort for a few weeks by the Maggies. Nice!

Best things:
Frampton excellent - just needs to find consistency. If he can close the gap between his best and worst by lifting his worst to a better level, he's a monty to play AFL next season, if not this one.
Gus - ok.
Young - dominates at this level but seems to be going half pace and lairises a lot. Don't think he raises his level when he is promoted.
Lobbe - actually won a fair few taps. And amazingly took two **uncontested** marks in a row :cool:
Johnson and Palmer - show glimpses, just not enough to demand a call up yet.
Lienert - ok.
Tommy Gray - better than most of the AFL guys. Livewire.
Eddy - kicked 3 goals, missed two from the boundary line against the breeze. Gave off 3 goals and another that should have ended in a goal. Unselfish - tick. Accurate - tick. Good forward nouse - tick. Plays in front and generally takes marks - tick. Quick on the lead - tick. Consistent - tick. Applies forward pressure acts - tick. We have no forwads in the AFL side except Charlie you have any confidence in to gain posession and convert - tick. Too many in the main side that cannot convert - tick. Round peg in round hole - tick. Currently play a defender up forward in the AFL side who is clueless as a forward - tick. Pick him? - nah! Only there in case all the main group forwards are all injured.

Funny as a fit bloke in the Quinn stand behind us when Cows ever had a kick for goal down the northern end. Had a voice like a human megaphone going non-stop "you'll miss. ha ha ha ha hahhhhhh. you'll miss. ha ha ha ha hahhhh" etc etc . And they almost always did, which led to a huge round of applause from the supporters in front of the stand who would turn around saying "well done mate" :thumbsu::thumbsu::p:p:D:D
Good to beat those flogs!!!!!

Bad points:
Still too much short stuff leading to turnovers.
Forward entries mirror the AFL side - atrocious.
Krak, Bonner, Austin, Irra Snelling and a couple of others were ordinary (Himmerling towelled up Austin).
Ladhams and Marshall show exceptional abilities at times - still young and not consistent, but gee, the future is theirs for the taking if they really want it!
Summo had quietest game for three years - still made paper's bests, but had next to no influence on the game.
Toump concussed, but seemed ok at 3 qtr time break, standing next to the main huddle.
Hearing the news that Hartlett would be fit for today :rolleyes:

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Johnson also attracts his share of injuries. Had he been fit for his entire stint at Alberton he may be in the AFL side. He has the talent but I hope he has the consistency of effort to go with his talent. I am tiring of players who show brilliant skills but do not use them often enough.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Been out all day. Just got home and watching the recording of the game.

I forgot Gore and Seedsman exist. Lol
The Seed lives near me and if I hadn't still being seeing his car parked on the street I would not have known he was still in town. Didn't he have a long term groin injury or something?

He must be staying as he recently traded in his Victorian registered Jeep on an SA registered new Toyota.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Are you on drugs? Monfries, Lobbe & E man were all shite today. Young was typically selfish which was expected. Krak and Bonner beat their opponent by along way. Best you think about your comments prior to posting.
Easily the best of the 5 games I've seen this year for the lobster. He isn't a defender but In ruck he was on top and up forward he was something.

E man was on Menzel and kept him to 1.1 That's a huge win imo.
Monfries had a brilliant game as a half forward linkman, what didn't you like about his game

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Easily the best of the 5 games I've seen this year for the lobster. He isn't a defender but In ruck he was on top and up forward he was something.

E man was on Menzel and kept him to 1.1 That's a huge win imo.
Monfries had a brilliant game as a half forward linkman, what didn't you like about his game
Bonner was on Menzel gets the job every time they play Adelaide. And the goal he got was from a last touch out of bounds free.

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Best effort for a few weeks by the Maggies. Nice!

Best things:
Frampton excellent - just needs to find consistency. If he can close the gap between his best and worst by lifting his worst to a better level, he's a monty to play AFL next season, if not this one.
Gus - ok.
Young - dominates at this level but seems to be going half pace and lairises a lot. Don't think he raises his level when he is promoted.
Lobbe - actually won a fair few taps. And amazingly took two **uncontested** marks in a row :cool:
Johnson and Palmer - show glimpses, just not enough to demand a call up yet.
Lienert - ok.
Tommy Gray - better than most of the AFL guys. Livewire.
Eddy - kicked 3 goals, missed two from the boundary line against the breeze. Gave off 3 goals and another that should have ended in a goal. Unselfish - tick. Accurate - tick. Good forward nouse - tick. Plays in front and generally takes marks - tick. Quick on the lead - tick. Consistent - tick. Applies forward pressure acts - tick. We have no forwads in the AFL side except Charlie you have any confidence in to gain posession and convert - tick. Too many in the main side that cannot convert - tick. Round peg in round hole - tick. Currently play a defender up forward in the AFL side who is clueless as a forward - tick. Pick him? - nah! Only there in case all the main group forwards are all injured.

Funny as a fit bloke in the Quinn stand behind us when Cows ever had a kick for goal down the northern end. Had a voice like a human megaphone going non-stop "you'll miss. ha ha ha ha hahhhhhh. you'll miss. ha ha ha ha hahhhh" etc etc . And they almost always did, which led to a huge round of applause from the supporters in front of the stand who would turn around saying "well done mate" :thumbsu::thumbsu::p:p:D:D
Good to beat those flogs!!!!!

Bad points:
Still too much short stuff leading to turnovers.
Forward entries mirror the AFL side - atrocious.
Krak, Bonner, Austin, Irra Snelling and a couple of others were ordinary (Himmerling towelled up Austin).
Ladhams and Marshall show exceptional abilities at times - still young and not consistent, but gee, the future is theirs for the taking if they really want it!
Summo had quietest game for three years - still made paper's bests, but had next to no influence on the game.
Toump concussed, but seemed ok at 3 qtr time break, standing next to the main huddle.
Hearing the news that Hartlett would be fit for today :rolleyes:
Snelling was excellent and the back 6 shut down Adelaide bar Himmelburg. Can't agree with those comments.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Johnson had a great last quarter and was average to poor for the rest of the game. Don't let those 3 goals cloud your judgment.

Right on the money, Johnson shows good signs at times, but I will be watching to see how he performs under the extra pressure of sanfl finals before getting too carried away.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So how do people think Chad would coach at AFL level? I don't mean how good would he be but would he play three tall forwards, would he be about zone defence or man on man around the goal, defensive mix?

His hand is forced a bit by the composition of the squad leftovers he gets but he does seem to have a few different even contradictory ideas.

Chad is the most likeable of the Corne's trilogy, his old man is a campaigner in the truest sense of the word, and Kane played the selfish card twice, firstly by leaving us a man short on the list after he had played his 300th game, and then after `allegedly ' having strings pulled so he could jump the queue waiting to join the fire brigade, he bailed out on them as well, plus I find some of his media work can be just a tad cringeworthy.

I agree that Chads `hand is forced by the composition of the squad leftovers,' hence the Maggie's tall forward line, but I know I'm not the only Port supporter who won't be too disappointed when Alberton is eventually a Corne's free zone. ;)

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Chad is the most likeable of the Corne's trilogy, his old man is a campaigner in the truest sense of the word, and Kane played the selfish card twice, firstly by leaving us a man short on the list after he had played his 300th game, and then after `allegedly ' having strings pulled so he could jump the queue waiting to join the fire brigade, he bailed out on them as well, plus I find some of his media work can be just a tad cringeworthy.

I agree that Chads `hand is forced by the composition of the squad leftovers,' hence the Maggie's tall forward line, but I know I'm not the only Port supporter who won't be too disappointed when Alberton is eventually a Corne's free zone. ;)
Kane and Chad have some edges on them for sure but how vanilla do you want your club to be?
Chad is doing well in his role - a little spice is good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back