2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 14 @ Kadina

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 1pm, Game starts 1:10pm
selection_magpies_r17.JPG

I thought the crows were being punted from 7s line up? This is their second game in a row.

Did someone have a cry to 7s programmers? Will Belinda Sloane be the boundary rider?

I thought the crows were being punted from 7s line up? This is their second game in a row.

Did someone have a cry to 7s programmers? Will Belinda Sloane be the boundary rider?
Must have been some more made up crap by no afl in the sanfl people. Just like how we lost our Academy side and Prison Bars jumper 2 years ago.

They were always going to show the sanfl showdown. It was on the schedule at the start of the year. Best sanfl ratings games, fits in to the schedule ie this game at 1 and the game from Perth at 4 plus Koch and Cos Cardone would have had a hand in the scheduling at the start of the year.

They were always going to show the sanfl showdown. It was on the schedule at the start of the year. Best sanfl ratings games, fits in to the schedule ie this game at 1 and the game from Perth at 4 plus Koch and Cos Cardone would have had a hand in the scheduling at the start of the year.
Ah s**t, just realised if I go I’ll miss the Power game.

Home with a bottle of Shiraz it is then.

There was a story in late June which gave the impression the Crows reserves had been taken off the air. In fact the program had been altered to take 2 of their final four games off the air. Pretty bad journalism as the story should have been encapsulated in the first sentence.

ADELAIDE’S winless — and concerning — form in the SANFL has forced the Crows off the league’s free-to-air television broadcasts.The SANFL has ditched two of the Crows’ remaining four games on the Channel 7 schedule written at the start of the State league

Last week and this week then no more crows on tv in the sanfl

Great, more room for those enthralling South v West and Centrals v Glenelg blockbusters.

If the sanfl had any sense and let Port and the crows have some latitude in recruiting players they would get 40% bigger crowds weekly at least. And just maybe improve the quality of football on show.

But hey #grassroots footy and all that. Lucky none of the sanfl teams top up endlessly with AFL rejects. And S.A. sure dominates those state games. #amiright ?

Pretty interesting that the worst sides in the AFL and SANFL (Carlton and Crows) get constant tv coverage. In Carltons case prime time coverage due to the fact every AFL game is on TV.

Great, more room for those enthralling South v West and Centrals v Glenelg blockbusters.

If the sanfl had any sense and let Port and the crows have some latitude in recruiting players they would get 40% bigger crowds weekly at least. And just maybe improve the quality of football on show.

But hey #grassroots footy and all that. Lucky none of the sanfl teams top up endlessly with AFL rejects. And S.A. sure dominates those state games. #amiright ?

This! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SANFL have taken the tv exposure off them as they are such putrid games and reflect poorly.
This is beyond farcical. Their whole persona is built around the concept of a toddler and a spoilt snot nosed one at that .
Protected from rational scrutiny with failures/shortcomings ignored or glossed over and any success lauded to the heavens.
They enjoy a cosseted existence yet crave to be accepted in the outside world. When universal adoration is not afforded them
they drop the boy next door schtick and revert to type ..... an infant prone to tantrums when not given it's way.
Treated like an endangered species when in fact they're an out of control introduced pest.

Going to "The Logical Option" Cup at Unley today. Yeah yeah I know, but it's the only chance I have to catch up with an old mate from Sydney.

My question. Will my Essentials Port membership get me in?

They'll probably throw dog turds at you and call you a wascally wapist. ;)

Pretty interesting that the worst sides in the AFL and SANFL (Carlton and Crows) get constant tv coverage. In Carltons case prime time coverage due to the fact every AFL game is on TV.
They make their opponents look good. It is good to watch with the kids: "See? I told we are good! Easy win on primetime. Everybody watched it!"

I'm not confident we'll beat the sanfl crows tomorrow. Lokan.

He was coach when we beat them by nearly 100 in round 1.

He was coach when we beat them by nearly 100 in round 1.

I remember when Jack returned in 2005 and lifted us back into the finals. The next season with Tim we began 8 and 0 but then lost to bottom place, maybe winless, West at Alberton and it all went downhill from then. I wondered if there was such a thing as a lingering influence from Jack for at least that many rounds. Lokan's team is showing unaccountable football, something that wasn't there under Chad. Hard to say though as the team is different now but Lokan's Bays also faded.

I remember when Jack returned in 2005 and lifted us back into the finals. The next season with Tim we began 8 and 0 but then lost to bottom place, maybe winless, West at Alberton and it all went downhill from then. I wondered if there was such a thing as a lingering influence from Jack for at least that many rounds. Lokan's team is showing unaccountable football, something that wasn't there under Chad. Hard to say though as the team is different now but Lokan's Bays also faded.

There is a world of difference between the conditions this and the former Port and even Glenelg teams play under. Lokan is lucky to have half a dozen of the previous year's team available, including having lost the team's best tier of players. And his job is to teach a sanfl-enforced unbalanced side how to play like the AFL team. Lokan is the least of the problems of the Power reserves team.

There is a world of difference between the conditions this and the former Port and even Glenelg teams play under. Lokan is lucky to have half a dozen of the previous year's team available, including having lost the team's best tier of players. And his job is to teach a sanfl-enforced unbalanced side how to play like the AFL team. Lokan is the least of the problems of the Power reserves team.

There is but I still don't have confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back