2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 7 @ Alberton

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Cox is exactly what we are missing atm, can't wait for this guy to get a chance at AFL, he knows how to football.
Bye Sam.
Ohhh #SamHater no one gives the other Gray a fair crack...

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
I don't hate any Port player but it is what it is, take him away from 20m out from goal he is terrible. Sam plays well against the lesser teams, have a look at the stats against the good teams.
Was a posstake, sorry

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
no that honour belongs to Fabian Deluca (2006 - 2008)

then followed by these 4 :-

Hugh Minson
Barry Brooks
Alan Murray
Jonathon Yerbury

----------.-----------

then maybe :-

Darren Fraser
Luke Peel
Jams Ezard
Ryan Williams
Elijah Ware
Wade Thompson
Brent Renouf
Ben Newton
Nathan Blee
Ryan Williams
Wade Champion

I know he has his fans (for some reason) but surely Butcher is on there...

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With McKenzie out with a hammy I'd probs bring in Edwards and play him down back. Also would have Makoi as a fwd/ruck so Marshall doesn't have to ruck.

So in terms of talls

Marshall, Hill, Makoi forward,
Ladhams ruck
Corcoran, Edwards, Grundy down back.
I was surprised Makoi hasn't been given a run yet, I thought he'd be in the Norwood game when all had was Ladhams. But Hayes won't be far off, that will keep Makoi out.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
With McKenzie out with a hammy I'd probs bring in Edwards and play him down back. Also would have Makoi as a fwd/ruck so Marshall doesn't have to ruck.

So in terms of talls

Marshall, Hill, Makoi forward,
Ladhams ruck
Corcoran, Edwards, Grundy down back.
I was surprised Makoi hasn't been given a run yet, I thought he'd be in the Norwood game when all had was Ladhams. But Hayes won't be far off, that will keep Makoi out.
Makoi is not on the list I have here. We have called up 10 players: Mitchel Mead, Tom Corcoran, Cameron Sutcliffe, Sam Davidson, Jack Elsworthy, Matthew Appleton, Dallas Hill, Jack Strange, Simon Wong, and Ben Edwards.

The ones we have not called up yet would be: Adam Mahney, and Levi Proude.

Makoi is not on the list I have here. We have called up 10 players: Mitchel Mead, Tom Corcoran, Cameron Sutcliffe, Sam Davidson, Jack Elsworthy, Matthew Appleton, Dallas Hill, Jack Strange, Simon Wong, and Ben Edwards.

The ones we have not called up yet would be: Adam Mahney, and Levi Proude.
Proude left apparently. Makoi played a trial game earlier this year.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Proude left apparently. Makoi played a trial game earlier this year.
Just checked the club website. There are 14 players listed. I missed Mony Makoi and Lachlan Smith.

Playthekids76

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cam Hewett being on our list still is the biggest waste of a list spot in our history, truly a nothing player
Such a positive comment, why point the finger at the kid when it should be at the development coaches. How many have gone through the club since Hewitt has been there? I've lost count!!

Such a positive comment, why point the finger at the kid when it should be at the development coaches. How many have gone through the club since Hewitt has been there? I've lost count!!
Hewett is not very good at football. He was a rookie pick that has been given more than enough time to prove himself and didn't pan out at all.
That is a staggering comment.
After a while these guys need to prove why they are worthy of their spot, if you are floundering at SANFL level, you are at risk of being traded/delisted.

Playthekids76

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hewett is not very good at football. He was a rookie pick that has been given more than enough time to prove himself and didn't pan out at all.

After a while these guys need to prove why they are worthy of their spot, if you are floundering at SANFL level, you are at risk of being traded/delisted.
Floundering...………..are you for real. Played 19 games last year, 7 this year and won a rising star nom in 2018. Yes he was average on Saturday but still had 29 dis, 9 x R50 & 4 x I50. Play him on the bloody wing where he should be FFS.

Floundering...………..are you for real. Played 19 games last year, 7 this year and won a rising star nom in 2018. Yes he was average on Saturday but still had 29 dis, 9 x R50 & 4 x I50. Play him on the bloody wing where he should be FFS.
That rising star nomination in round 1 2018 was the last genuinely good game he had. Just because he got games after that doesn't mean he was good. We've given heaps of AFL games to players that are not in form.

As a back flanker he needs to defend a lot better. If being a winger will save him, then that's a different argument altogether and is worth a try if he doesn't show any good form in the near future.

Playthekids76

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well Ladhams, Trengove, Cox, Pudney and Sutcliffe were great. Drew got a lot of it and was tough inside but looked slow to me and unable to close space on opponents. Woodcock shows a little bit. Frederick has tools to work with.

Hewett is an enigma. How is he still on our list?

Bonner and Marshall just about looked the least AFL quality of our AFL-listed players (Hewett, Grundy aside).
Marshall being miss-managed by Hinkley and his cronies doesn't help the kid. Both AFL standard and would flourish at other clubs with elite development programs, which sadly Port don't have.

Playthekids76

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That rising star nomination in round 1 2018 was the last genuinely good game he had. Just because he got games after that doesn't mean he was good. We've given heaps of AFL games to players that are not in form.

As a back flanker he needs to defend a lot better. If being a winger will save him, then that's a different argument altogether and is worth a try if he doesn't show any good form in the near future.
You don't play 19 straight games if your not playing how the coaches want you to play and his games vs Melb, Carlton & WC this year were good so your comment doesn't hold ground I'm afraid. The miss management by our so called development coaches over the past 3 years has been average to say the least and they need to take total responsibility for how these kids are developing.

Yc5bL9W.png

hVB0j2I.png

Back