2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 23rd of March. Maggies at 4:30pm, Academy not playing. FREE ENTRY.

AFL game vs Freo is on Saturday (the day after) so we'll have an AFL listed emergency held back that will miss this game. Probs Amon.

AFL listed players Johnson, Drew, Hewett, Toumpas and Patmore all missed the last trial as well as Maggies listed players Davis, Hill and Proude. Johnson was sick and Davis has a minor knee injury, Drew has a foot injury and Hewett with a shin complaint, but not sure where the rest of the players were.

IN: McKenzie, Toumpas, Johnson, Neade, Atley, Proude, Patmore, Simpson
OUT: Ladhams, Mead, Ortiz, Allan, Finnie, North

Maggies Side:
F: Thomas - Hayes - Johnson
HF: Farrell - Kluske - Neade
C: Proude - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Irra - Lienert - Toumpas
B: McKenzie - Hombsch - Garner
R: Frampton - Snelling - Trengove
INT FROM: Patmore - Davidson - Wong - Strange - Simpson

Last edited:

AFL game vs Freo is on Saturday (the day after) so we'll have 1 or 2 AFL listed emergencies held back that will miss this game.

AFL listed players Johnson, Drew, Hewett, Toumpas and Patmore all missed the last trial as well as Maggies listed players Davis, Hill and Proude. Johnson was sick and Davis had a minor knee injury but not sure where the rest of the players were.

Teams should be out on Thursday night.

Predicted Maggies Side:

HF: Farrell - Ladhams - Neade
C: Drew - Atley - Summerton (C)
B: Garner - Hombsch - Hewett
INT: Patmore - Kluske - Mead
EMERG: Proude - Davidson

Hoping the emergencies are all different from last game. We need to impose a strong rotation this year. Everyone needs to be ready.

I don't think he's able to play due to the suspension.
I have heard the same as Jonts, as an SANFL pre-season game I think he is eligible.

On another note though, will be interesting to see if Drew and AJ suit up after now missing at least 3-4 weeks each with whatever injuries they're carrying.

AFL game vs Freo is on Saturday (the day after) so we'll have 1 or 2 AFL listed emergencies held back that will miss this game.

AFL listed players Johnson, Drew, Hewett, Toumpas and Patmore all missed the last trial as well as Maggies listed players Davis, Hill and Proude. Johnson was sick and Davis had a minor knee injury but not sure where the rest of the players were.

Teams should be out on Thursday night.

Predicted Maggies Side:

C: Drew - Atley - Summerton (C)
B: Garner - Hombsch - Hewett
INT: Patmore - Kluske - Mead
EMERG: Proude - Davidson

There wont be a SANFL GF for us this year looking at that team, oh well we'll have to settle for an AFL one.

There wont be a SANFL GF for us this year looking at that team, oh well we'll have to settle for an AFL one.
Yeah I've got us about 5th this year. Making finals will be a real challenge.

I would give our Best-XXII an extra bye and would make them play one game for the Magpies (injuries notwithstanding). This would officially cap the maximum of AFL matches in 20 per season.

This would give more experience to many of our Second-XXI(I) players; while resting our best players, and making the Magpies stronger.

Yeah I've got us about 5th this year. Making finals will be a real challenge.
Yep, I was bullish on us last year. I put $50 on us to win the flag at $9.50 well before the season or trials had even started. Was within 1 Brett Eddy kick of a cool $475. Mother F%^@#$ Brett Eddy.....

But yeah this year we have a really, really poor forward line. We could legitimately have Ladhams and Hayes as our 2 key targets for the majority of the year and they will get absolutely destroyed as the major targets. Hence why I was disappointed we didn't target another stop gap like we did Eddy last year, who would help our forward line function and take the pressure off our really young developing rucks, who may well have their confidence dented pretty badly by getting smashed in the SANFL.

Another factor will be our forward half pressure. Neade, Thomas and AJ will provide great pressure, but Ladhams, Frampton and Hayes will understandably be weak links in that space.

The last factor will be the loss of our quality backup players, last year we had a great core of backup magpie players, Summo, Rudloff, Reynolds, R Young, T Gray, Sharrad, etc, was a real quality core of fill in players, this year without a host of those names we will struggle when injuries strike the Power & Maggies, and additionally if we do make the top 5, we will be far weaker come finals time.

Elsewhere though, our backline and midfield should be really good. They just wont be good enough to make up for the forward line.

I'm predicting we will miss the top 5, and as I said many times last year, we unfortunately missed what I believe was our last crack at the SANFL flag.

On another note though, will be interesting to see if Drew and AJ suit up after now missing at least 3-4 weeks each with whatever injuries they're carrying.
There has been no news of injuries, and they have been seen on the training track at times. I always suspect that when players disappear off the radar like this, that they might have have been internally disciplined for a misdemeanor.

Good coaching and game plan should help overcome our forward line inexperience with the big fellas. Let’s see how it pans out.

Probably average like our AFL side.

There has been no news of injuries, and they have been seen on the training track at times. I always suspect that when players disappear off the radar like this, that they might have have been internally disciplined for a misdemeanor.
Maybe, maybe. Personally I would be willing to bet they've both been injured and the club is covering it to avoid even more attention to the growing number of injuries we seem to have suffered, in particular soft tissue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez the Maggies side looks gutted with all these injuries.

First half of thr season will be tough, but, if we manage to get into the Finals, we will be ready! Let the kids play.

Im more tgan positive that i read somewhere that tge academy will play the crows development side (crows top up players) before hand.

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/03/22/maccas-league-trial-match-squads-week-3/

IN: McKenzie, Toumpas, Johnson, Neade, Atley, Proude, Patmore, Simpson
OUT: Mead, Ortiz, Allan, Finnie, North + 3 more

Maggies Side:
C: Proude - Atley - Summerton (C)
B: McKenzie - Hombsch - Garner
INT FROM: Patmore - Kluske - Davidson - Wong - Strange - Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad