2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

So we've had an entire preseason and our skills aren't where they should be. Great.

That's on you dickhead. If you can't train your players after 3 months to kick a football or handball then you shouldn't be coaching in an AFL system.

I understand that everyone in this program has been thoroughly Hinkleyfied and it's hard to attribute blame, but Goldsack is just another s**t house internal appointment. Everyone involved in that SANFL campaign last year should've been dumped.

Lokan, Goldsack, Sutcliffe... the whole lot. All completely useless and an embarrassment to the fans and supporters. Except now we've decided to promote one of them and retain the other as captain. Just farcical.

I don't care if we have a young team (so do the crows). I don't care if we have a fair few tall players. The baseline expectation is that they are competitive. And really, the expectation should be winning.

Mead, Dumont, Williams, Bonner, McEntee, Finlayson, Clurey, Hayes, Evans... these guys are seasoned SANFL (or AFL) footballers. They should be absolutely dominant at this level. An absolute embarrassment to get touched up like this two weeks in a row. Shameful.
We are a shambles.
Any delusions that this year would be better at either level are right out the window now.
We wasted the preseason and have regressed across the board.

This is laughable port are the laughing stock at afl and sanfl levels.
Where the he'll is the revolution that is needed. It won't start at the top.
This regime has ship wrecked this club and everyone is standing around shaking their heads.
kochandhinkleymustgosoonerthanlater!

Spot on. At one point Dumont soccered off the ground in one of the most lazy efforts I've seen by an AFL footballer. I yelled out something to that effect and not 2 minutes later he went to do exactly the same thing but changed his mind and picked up the ball and kicked down the line. These guys are switched off. It's plainly evident.
Trent Dumont couldn’t make a pathetic North Melbourne side

We have bugger all injuries at the moment it’s the complete lack of intensity from full time professional footballers that is on the coaches and the players themselves, the last trial game before the season and they bend over in the first quarter, staggering.

Our depth is poor and our squad is completely unbalanced as we enter the transition phase of trying to find some new key position players.

This year was always to be expected that the Magpies would struggle.

Jonas, Dixon, Lycett, Clurey, McKenzie are all nearing the end. We've invested heavily into trying to make sure we are ready for that transition, and some short term pain at SANFL level to ensure the AFL team isn't left high and dry is a reasonable sacrifice.

Scariest part is we have no more talent coming in due to the draft pick situation. We really need to hope the next couple father sons, Monty and Burgoyne end up being top quality first round type kids that we get for cheap.
I think we are in a position to fall off a cliff because we have hung on to senior players too long, the lack of players showing anything in the SANFL and the draft pick situation.

I reckon you guys are being to negative ... Think of the positives to come out of the game ....

230326-SANFL-Trial-6-.jpg

1679817627707.png

So we've had an entire preseason and our skills aren't where they should be. Great.

That's on you dickhead. If you can't train your players after 3 months to kick a football or handball then you shouldn't be coaching in an AFL system.

I understand that everyone in this program has been thoroughly Hinkleyfied and it's hard to attribute blame, but Goldsack is just another s**t house internal appointment. Everyone involved in that SANFL campaign last year should've been dumped.

Lokan, Goldsack, Sutcliffe... the whole lot. All completely useless and an embarrassment to the fans and supporters. Except now we've decided to promote one of them and retain the other as captain. Just farcical.

I don't care if we have a young team (so do the crows). I don't care if we have a fair few tall players. The baseline expectation is that they are competitive. And really, the expectation should be winning.

Mead, Dumont, Williams, Bonner, McEntee, Finlayson, Clurey, Hayes, Evans... these guys are seasoned SANFL (or AFL) footballers. They should be absolutely dominant at this level. An absolute embarrassment to get touched up like this two weeks in a row. Shameful.
If I hear one more comment about "how well we trained" I'll lose my s**t. Training shows NOTHING. Especially when your best players are training against an SANFL squad that is of a really poor standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For an injury-prone flanker. Even if Sinn becomes a Hall of Famer from here, that’s a big diceroll in the short and medium term isn’t it.
You and me both know the club has a history of drafting injury prone players😜
We will switch back to French now and I want you to follow my masquerade.

It was a very lazy performance, a lack of pressure to defend, or win the ball back, a lack of effort to win a loose ball.

Then when we did get it the kicking choices by foot was bad, so many long hit and hope kicks for turnovers sometimes ignoring open players that were shorter. Remember one time Finlayson burst out of the middle, could have chipped it diagonally 15m to a free player, instead torps it into an empty fwd line to a crows player. Just dumb.

By hand we’d always put it towards someones feet or 2m away from where the target is. Fix that up and we are on our way towards the foward line.

Instead, crap handball, other guy doesn’t want to pick it up because he’s scared of being tackled, oppo win ball back and the whole thing is ruined.

At the risk of being called a sexist campaigner, and with all due respect to the ladies' version of the game I find it very disappointing to read comments the club is more interested in the AFLW team than the Maggies.

If the Maggies have fallen that far down the totem pole then FFS close them down, call the reserves the Power magoos, let them wear the BIB and keep the PB's for special occasions only.

Without the original Maggies and their sensational record for the better part of 130 years obviously there would have been NO Power or AFLW team, and trial game or not seeing the PB'S trashed at Alberton is now getting beyond *ing painful.

There's progress and there's absolutely mindless c*ck ups, and it's not difficult to work out which category the f- wits running what is left of the original PAFC belong in.

End of rant!

At the risk of being called a sexist campaigner, and with all due respect to the ladies' version of the game I find it very disappointing to read comments the club is more interested in the AFLW team than the Maggies.

If the Maggies have fallen that far down the totem pole then FFS close them down, call the reserves the Power magoos, let them wear the BIB and keep the PB's for special occasions only.

Without the original Maggies and their sensational record for the better part of 130 years obviously there would have been NO Power or AFLW team, and trial game or not seeing the PB'S trashed at Alberton is now getting beyond *ing painful.

There's progress and there's absolutely mindless c*ck ups, and it's not difficult to work out which category the f- wits running what is left of the original PAFC belong in.

End of rant!
Well they are a reserves/development side there is no burning desire to be a success driven team at that level. I'm not saying they can't be run better & have a more balanced side that brings results & fosters good habits in young players but it's just what it is now.

There is no original magpies anymore there really hasn't been since we entered the AFL.

Not surprised by the result when you look at the quality of top ups the crows have compared to us. They strategically target unhappy, disgruntled, ex SANFL players and hi end country/amateurs. eg Sharrad & Haysman. They also go after u18 talent that missed the previous draft.

They are made to feel part of the whole club and not just top-up's.

Our program is a joke and needs to be overhauled urgently. Another stain on the Davies dynasty!

Not surprised by the result when you look at the quality of top ups the crows have compared to us. They strategically target unhappy, disgruntled, ex SANFL players and hi end country/amateurs. eg Sharrad & Haysman. They also go after u18 talent that missed the previous draft.

They are made to feel part of the whole club and not just top-up's.

Our program is a joke and needs to be overhauled urgently. Another stain on the Davies dynasty!
The result had bugger all to do with top up players we hardly had any playing!

Well they are a reserves/development side there is no burning desire to be a success driven team at that level. I'm not saying they can't be run better & have a more balanced side that brings results & fosters good habits in young players but it's just what it is now.

There is no original magpies anymore there really hasn't been since we entered the AFL.
We know it’s a development side, my question is what the * are we developing?
How can you not be competitive if you are a professional sportsman?

The result had bugger all to do with top up players we hardly had any playing!
Yep just the 5, including the captain, and another that's being given the carrot of a possible mid-season AFL spot, + a sub.

Sutcliffe - Should have been replaced 2 years ago.
Hagan - Was great last week, but didn't do much this week apart from a goal.
Moore - Solid player.
Montgomery - Didn't do much.
Francou - Did well when he got subbed on in the 2nd half.

Yep just the 5, including the captain, and another that's being given the carrot of a possible mid-season AFL spot, + a sub.

Sutcliffe - Should have been replaced 2 years ago.
Hagan - Was great last week, but didn't do much this week apart from a goal.
Moore - Solid player.
Montgomery - Didn't do much.
Francou - Did well when he got subbed on in the 2nd half.
Pretty disappointing when you see Louis Sharrad running around in cows colours, he always gave 100%, Sam and Tom Gray were also available last year but we go with players who can’t make A1 amateur league sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back