2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Re the Maggies and the quality, or lack there of their top ups I remember a bloke with an Italian sounding surname who apparently wasn't rated in the top 30 magoo's players at Unley, and not surprisingly couldn't get anywhere near the ball in his 1 and only game for the club at Alberton about 5 years ago.
He started on the bench but I'm reasonably confident he was on the field for most of the 2nd half.

He was solidly built and his height was listed at from memory something like 165 cm, but going by what I saw that measurement may have been taken while he was standing on a box.

We'll never see a competitive Magpies in the SNAFL again. 😠

The intent is to have a local side purely to keep AFL listed players match conditioned. 😒

No real intent to strive for excellence or bust their arse trying. 🙁

Top ups not of any consequence any more, ergo the blokes who are "Div 3 ammos/U18's who couldn't rise to reserves level at their SNAFL clubs/country players not in best half dozen in their local team" types. 🙄

Distancing ourselves ever increasingly from our Maggies heritage. 😡

No zones, juniors, etc means no connection to community any more ie. supporter's kids won't play for Magpies juniors and rise through the ranks to be league players. 😱😭

As much as it breaks my heart to say this, the Magpies need to be disbanded and reference to their history and achievements consigned to an online digital touch screen catalogue. 🧐

Maybe in a "fantasy world", a billionaire benefactor gifts us $100mill. We have a competitive AFL and AFL reserves side, and we lobby to get a stand alone Port Magpies side with zones, juniors, etc that strides across the football landscape like a Collosus, dominating the local comp once more. 👍😀🥇

Grnnnk. Snort. 😴 Huh? What the........?
Oh. Bugger!
I must have been asleep, having a great dream!

We'll it did sound good. 🥺

Remove this Banner Ad

Back