2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing we've got an amazing squad with great depth

Something doesn't compute
Our depth is poor and our squad is completely unbalanced as we enter the transition phase of trying to find some new key position players.

This year was always to be expected that the Magpies would struggle.

Jonas, Dixon, Lycett, Clurey, McKenzie are all nearing the end. We've invested heavily into trying to make sure we are ready for that transition, and some short term pain at SANFL level to ensure the AFL team isn't left high and dry is a reasonable sacrifice.

Scariest part is we have no more talent coming in due to the draft pick situation. We really need to hope the next couple father sons, Monty and Burgoyne end up being top quality first round type kids that we get for cheap.

What did we give up to get sinn again? To move 2 spots up in the draft
We gave up Ladhams and pick 16 to move up to Pick 12.

We then gave up our future second rounder to move up two more spots to get him.

So all up, Ladhams and a second rounder to move from Pick 16 to Pick 10 (which then dropped to pick 12 after bids).

Edit: We also got Sydney's 3rd round pick in 2022 which went to GWS as part of the JHF trade.

Wow seems we will have a clean out at the end of the season
We be smarter to give it 12 months with a new coach and see who has it.

These players have had all the passion drained out of them by a dead man walking coach. It is exhausting pushing s**t up hill against stupid selections and a stupid game plan every week.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh nah. The PA Magpies are destined for their first wooden spoon in 123 years.
We've played the best 2 teams from 2022, I wouldn't say that's a given just yet. We'll be bottom 5, but a spoon isn't a gimme just yet. Our boys will get better as the season progresses, and injuries actually might help at times if the injuries are to kpps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've played the best 2 teams from 2022, I wouldn't say that's a given just yet. We'll be bottom 5, but a spoon isn't a gimme just yet. Our boys will get better as the season progresses, and injuries actually might help at times if the injuries are to kpps.
We only played the Crows lite 6 months ago and won, now we’re 10 goals worse off.
The entire football department plus players need to take a real good look at themselves.
Trial or not AFL or SANFL, I’m seriously over all these inconsistent insipid performances.

“Our skills aren’t where they should be, our pressure wasn’t either,” he [Goldsack] said.

So we've had an entire preseason and our skills aren't where they should be. Great.

That's on you dickhead. If you can't train your players after 3 months to kick a football or handball then you shouldn't be coaching in an AFL system.

I understand that everyone in this program has been thoroughly Hinkleyfied and it's hard to attribute blame, but Goldsack is just another s**t house internal appointment. Everyone involved in that SANFL campaign last year should've been dumped.

Lokan, Goldsack, Sutcliffe... the whole lot. All completely useless and an embarrassment to the fans and supporters. Except now we've decided to promote one of them and retain the other as captain. Just farcical.

I don't care if we have a young team (so do the crows). I don't care if we have a fair few tall players. The baseline expectation is that they are competitive. And really, the expectation should be winning.

Mead, Dumont, Williams, Bonner, McEntee, Finlayson, Clurey, Hayes, Evans... these guys are seasoned SANFL (or AFL) footballers. They should be absolutely dominant at this level. An absolute embarrassment to get touched up like this two weeks in a row. Shameful.

We gave up Ladhams and pick 16 to move up to Pick 12.

We then gave up our future second rounder to move up two more spots to get him.

For an injury-prone flanker. Even if Sinn becomes a Hall of Famer from here, that’s a big diceroll in the short and medium term isn’t it.

We do not or cannot kick or handball to our advantage and don't know if our team mate is a left or right footer. These basic fundamentals are coached. Why doesn't our dumb dumb coach prioritise the skills of the game? We're incredibly connected apparently though.

So we've had an entire preseason and our skills aren't where they should be. Great.

That's on you dickhead. If you can't train your players after 3 months to kick a football or handball then you shouldn't be coaching in an AFL system.

I understand that everyone in this program has been thoroughly Hinkleyfied and it's hard to attribute blame, but Goldsack is just another s**t house internal appointment. Everyone involved in that SANFL campaign last year should've been dumped.

Lokan, Goldsack, Sutcliffe... the whole lot. All completely useless and an embarrassment to the fans and supporters. Except now we've decided to promote one of them and retain the other as captain. Just farcical.

I don't care if we have a young team (so do the crows). I don't care if we have a fair few tall players. The baseline expectation is that they are competitive. And really, the expectation should be winning.

Mead, Dumont, Williams, Bonner, McEntee, Finlayson, Clurey, Hayes, Evans... these guys are seasoned SANFL (or AFL) footballers. They should be absolutely dominant at this level. An absolute embarrassment to get touched up like this two weeks in a row. Shameful.
Spot on. At one point Dumont soccered off the ground in one of the most lazy efforts I've seen by an AFL footballer. I yelled out something to that effect and not 2 minutes later he went to do exactly the same thing but changed his mind and picked up the ball and kicked down the line. These guys are switched off. It's plainly evident.

Spot on. At one point Dumont soccered off the ground in one of the most lazy efforts I've seen by an AFL footballer. I yelled out something to that effect and not 2 minutes later he went to do exactly the same thing but changed his mind and picked up the ball and kicked down the line. These guys are switched off. It's plainly evident.
Scroll down and have a look of the Lord celebration, Scully makes him look small.

For an injury-prone flanker. Even if Sinn becomes a Hall of Famer from here, that’s a big diceroll in the short and medium term isn’t it.
I'm trying so hard not to jump the gun with this kid, because I've done it time and time again before.........but I'm worried that he won't become the player we need and want him to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back