Preview PORT ADELAIDE VS GEELONG, Saturday, June 22, 7:10PM @ Adelaide Oval- #BRINGBACKTHEBARS NIGHT

Remove this Banner Ad

This is one of those games we win because we are supposed to lose. We will lose to the easier teams.
People seem to take it as a given that we win all of these types of games, but that's simply not true:
a) we've beaten Geelong once in the last 10 years;
b) we've beaten one top 4 team in the last 3.5 years;
c) Hinkley has a 29% win rate against top 8 teams.

Additionally, our record against bottom 8 sides in the Hinkley era is 57-12. So the odd loss against a bad opponent, but it's certainly not a regular thing.

Last year Geelongs web like defence absolutely killed us. We continually pushed up the ground and then kicked the ball to their unmanned or at best 3 on 1 defenders. We lose to them exactly the same way every time. We tried to run and gun through their defence but didn't have the skill pace or ability to pull it off.

Maybe try something different? Go tall in the forward line and play deep? I don't know, just do something ******* different.!!!

The inside word is we're going to be brave.

Cunning plan by Hinkley. Let's see if we can pull it off.

People seem to take it as a given that we win all of these types of games, but that's simply not true:
a) we've beaten Geelong once in the last 10 years;
b) we've beaten one top 4 team in the last 3.5 years;
c) Hinkley has a 29% win rate against top 8 teams.

Additionally, our record against bottom 8 sides in the Hinkley era is 57-12. So the odd loss against a bad opponent, but it's certainly not a regular thing.
Yeah I am aware but it would be typical of a Hinkley side to show what we can do, then **** it up the wall for the rest of the season.

Interesting timing for this bringbackthebars, a game that we are likely to cop an absolute flogging.

No it isn't - stand alone prime time fixture against the league leaders. All eyes will be on this game. Its the perfect time regardless of the result

The result of this game is a foregone conclusion. My only wish is for us to give a one day contract to Lindsay Thomas so he can come back and punch Selwood in the head again.

Yes. I legitimately thought this was us turning a corner. Couldn't have guessed that 5 years later we'd be swimming in mediocrity while Geelong were contending again.
Yep. Still remember the feeling at that match. It was a twilight, not a night match, but after half time was our first match at AO in the night/under lights. A tight first quarter, followed by a blitz of 7 or 8 unanswered goals in the second.

Genuinely felt like the turning point.

At least we've got sad reacts and LOLs in the meantime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t wait to see Hawkins leading and receiving whilst Dixon has it bombed in his head against 4 defenders.
I'm gonna assume Ken will make Dixon lead up the ground while Farrell and Sam Gray will be our targets, that's if anyone is inside forward 50 at all.

After today’s rumours this is what we most likely look like on Saturday

FB: D.Byrne-Jones | T.Clurey | H.Hartlett
HB: J.Garner | T.Jonas | R.Burton
C: X.Duursma | T.Boak | K.Amon
R: S.Lycett | D.Houston | O.Wines
HF: C.Rozee | D.Howard | K.Farrell
FF: R.Gray | C.Dixon | B.Ebert
I: Z.Butters | S.Motlop | R.Bonner | S.Gray

After today’s rumours this is what we most likely look like on Saturday

FB: D.Byrne-Jones | T.Clurey | H.Hartlett
HB: J.Garner | T.Jonas | R.Burton
C: X.Duursma | T.Boak | K.Amon
R: S.Lycett | D.Houston | O.Wines
HF: C.Rozee | D.Howard | K.Farrell
FF: R.Gray | C.Dixon | B.Ebert
I: Z.Butters | S.Motlop | R.Bonner | S.Gray
So our tallest player on the back lines is Clurey at 193 cm? If this is true, then someone is hoping to be sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back