Preview PORT ADELAIDE VS GEELONG, Saturday, June 22, 7:10PM @ Adelaide Oval- #BRINGBACKTHEBARS NIGHT

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at my multi for this week, and my spidey senses tell me Geelong are due to trip up, but your side would be the hardest mob to draw a line on at the moment.

I see the Power haven't played home since the Gold Coast, and that wasn't an inspiring effort.

Do any of you folks think you're traveling better than when the Crows got over you 5 weeks ago?

Do you want Ken? Please - ill drive him over

Cannot find anything on the Club website and announcing changes for a Saturday night game on Wednesday seems a bit unusual. Is there a Changes v Cats thread? I have not seen one.

Not for us it isn't.

Motlop has to do something this weekend for more than just his 2019 being poor.

This was the stats for his first encounter versus his old side last year.

Screenshot_20190620-185955_AFL.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm telling you, Ports by something ridiculous like 40+. I'm talking Ports vs Hawthorn 2015 at half time type of game.

Think about it: up until this week, we've been maintaining forward pressure with Westhoff and Ryder up forward...which means, we haven't been maintaining much forward pressure at all. Then we added Howard and he helped a bit, but that made us too top heavy, especially if a side drops a player back in defence and it becomes about ground ball.

And yet, we are number one for time in forward half, even with that handicap.

This week, we've got the right mix of talls and smalls. A true key position forward like Dixon, supported by Howard, and a whole bunch of pressure forwards to really put the heat on Geelong's defence.

This could be our Richmond vs Port Adelaide moment - Hardwick said that in 2017, he knew they were ready to challenge for the flag when they beat Port.

Ambitious selections this week, but how is Motlop still playing at AFL level? Seriously we got Ebert back and we didn't take out any of our silent small forwards. Was it just because he's coming up against his former side?

I'm telling you, Ports by something ridiculous like 40+. I'm talking Ports vs Hawthorn 2015 at half time type of game.

Think about it: up until this week, we've been maintaining forward pressure with Westhoff and Ryder up forward...which means, we haven't been maintaining much forward pressure at all. Then we added Howard and he helped a bit, but that made us too top heavy, especially if a side drops a player back in defence and it becomes about ground ball.

And yet, we are number one for time in forward half, even with that handicap.

This week, we've got the right mix of talls and smalls. A true key position forward like Dixon, supported by Howard, and a whole bunch of pressure forwards to really put the heat on Geelong's defence.

This could be our Richmond vs Port Adelaide moment - Hardwick said that in 2017, he knew they were ready to challenge for the flag when they beat Port.
Here’s hoping haha

Dear Ken,

I think you should play Riley Bonner forward. The reason behind this is that he is never anywhere near opposition players. Imagine how valuable that would be in the forward line.

I realise you know better than us but is it possible you have missed this? I also realise that half back flank is the most important position in football, so maybe we could put all the other players there to compensate?

Yours Sincerely

Another pesky member that should just accept mediocrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back