4QUY25S.png

PeacefulWarrior

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 2, 2010
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Palmer looks to me like one of those poor guys who is a tweener. He doesn't really have the pace or engine to be an on-baller (he looked absolutely shagged by the last quarter) and he's not quite big enough to play a key position. I saw him standing next to Drew and was surprised how much bigger he was than Drew.

He took a couple of good contested grabs forward, maybe he could sit in a forward pocket with the occasional run on-ball. That role is destroying Young, maybe Palmer could do it.

I agree Ford.

I couldn't believe what a big unit Palmer was up close. Looked huge.

But it was a pretty unobtrusive game, I never would have believed he had that many touches.

I like Palmer but I fear he might not have the x-factor or tricks needed to be anything more than a good sanfl player.

Certainly hope I'm wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Such a great feeling to run away with that one at home and shut the arrogant Glenelg supporters up!
:thumbsu: in fairness there were a FEW that were pretty good however most were spoiling for some barb fest. As the 4th 1/4 was winding down
I moved from the cheersquad back to in front of the Williams to savour their company but nearly all had left.
Great win which was as good as us towelling up the neighbours.

PeacefulWarrior

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 2, 2010
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone rate Toumps game? I thought he should have been in Bests. Great defensive game from him with 7 tackles. Starting to toughen up as a defender. Sounds like I'm on my own.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really. Seemed to get to good positions to get a fair bit of the ball but disposal was not afl standard imho

Back