2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 15 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

The sanfl has hobbled us and the crows but surely we could have found 3 or 4 tall players for key positions to put on our sanfl list. We went for low hanging fruit and paid the price.

The sanfl has hobbled us and the crows but surely we could have found 3 or 4 tall players for key positions to put on our sanfl list. We went for low hanging fruit and paid the price.
Yeah we stuffed/ keep stuffing ourselves up. I keep bagging our list management guys. Didnt mention that to KT as was more talking about the SANFL conditions, but any reevaluation has to look our poor list management of big blokes. I dont know how much the lack of $$$ contribute to it but our soft mindset re tall blokes doesnt help. There are more Bruggerman types out there who aren't at SANFL clubs. The question is how much are they getting paid for playing country footy?

Tough to compete with country $ but I know the crows will take a punt on talls running around in local metro comps. They usually carry a couple more experienced talls on their list than us too. They're bottom in the sanfl this year but at least they can play players in position in the sanfl.

Tough to compete with country $ but I know the crows will take a punt on talls running around in local metro comps. They usually carry a couple more experienced talls on their list than us too. They're bottom in the sanfl this year but at least they can play players in position in the sanfl.
Rendell was a ruckman, who played up forward, liked tall blokes understood their development issues. So when your head recruiter is 200cm and not 180cm he is likely to favour them. He then ingrained that into the whole recruiting team over the decade he was at the crows..

Its a bit like umpires. They have never rucked so they make stupid nonsensical decisions in ruck contests. They dont understand rucking. Ex ruckmen and ex KPP's recruiters understand them better than flanker type recruiters.

I can’t fathom that peoples concerns with the Magpies are results-based. They are there to develop our AFL talent, no other reason. Be upset because they are playing bad footy, by all means, but the results themselves mean nothing.
Of course we need the results too! Even if Magpies are just there to train our second string players, psychologically those players need to be in a winning environment.
Plus if Magpies don’t play finals it stuffs up the AFL teams finals prep too.

The longer this season goes on the more I rue the lost opportunity of last year. We had a Premiership there for the taking and blew it. This is a season that rubs salt into the wound. I am sure I am not alone.
Cost me a $500 win too. I'll curse Brett Eddy till the day I die.....

RSNMoU7.png

YgYAvc8.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back