2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 15 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not sold on Frampton as a 1st ruck at AFL level.

I do think vs the Bulldogs though we could get away with having Dixon ruck with Frampton backing up while up forward.

Farrell keeps on keeping on through, Bring him in for Amon.

If Frampton doesn’t get picked next week after a 20 touch 7 mark 2 goal dominant ruck game Hinkley should pack up his s**t and gtfo of my club.

We will never get anywhere if we’re not willing to give big guys a go while dime a dozen smalls get 100 games to prove what we all knew by game 10.

Maybe Frampton isn’t an AFL footballer, but how the **** are we going to find that out if we don’t play him when our afl ruck is injured? Why is Frampton contracted for next year?
He's not a dominant ruck he's more a forward/2nd ruck for AFL level imo so he won't get picked they'll go with the Dixon/Westhoff/Dougal thing again if Ryder is still out... played well though Bill

So some wonder why the negativity around the club. Seems everything is running smoothly and we're playing aesthetic and dangerous football with good talent coming through the twos.

I would have thought if anything he was suited to it?

Big guys who can find 15-20 touches at sanfl level where the ball is butchered more often than not don’t find less of the ball at afl level.
I'd make him fit at least to see what he can do I doubt our coaching staff will is all I mean't

Really all Billy has to do is compete at the bounce then hunt the loose ball like Jacko did. He has a few cm on Jacko and is mobile so could do that.

He is good overhead and can cover the ground. He even shows some forward nous.

But then he could have done that this week and earlier this year.

Really all Billy has to do is compete at the bounce then hunt the loose ball like Jacko did. He has a few cm on Jacko and is mobile so could do that.

He is good overhead and can cover the ground. He even shows some forward nous.

But then he could have done that this week and earlier this year.
Good points better forward than Jacko too

He's not a dominant ruck he's more a forward/2nd ruck for AFL level imo so he won't get picked they'll go with the Dixon/Westhoff/Dougal thing again if Ryder is still out... played well though Bill

He’s been pretty dominant the past 3-5 weeks. And certainly likely to be more impactful than Dixon westhoff will be.

It’s the sheer stupidity of it though. He’s signed up for next year. We could be heading into finals

Anybody with a single brain cell would have used Ryder’s injury to find out if we have an afl ready backup before finals

To pass over that chance again when we have I don’t know what the * to lose by picking Frampton. It boggles the ******* mind. It’s almost stupidity for stubbornness sake. I’m at the point now where I honestly believe If Hinkley got trapped under a boulder he would 127 hours his free hand just to stick it to the boulder trapping him.

Frampton doesn’t need to dominate at AFL level, he isn’t probably going to be out long term #1 ruck option, that’s why we got Hayes, he is what the club view as our long term #1 ruck option.

Frampton can however come in, compete in the ruck rotate with Dixon and kick a few goals up foward which he has demonastated he can do.

From what i gather they dont think anyone outside what we are playing as rucks are good enough. Highly unlikely Billy ever plays.
He's only 21 with another year on his contract it's not a hopeless situation for him.

Chad did the unimaginable sin when he coached this side, he tried to get them to win. Trying to learn an AFL gameplan during what should be a competitive game is sheer lunacy. Teach the team to win and let the AFL coach get them to play a senior game if they get called up.

Not sure the game plan was to blame for today's loss, to be honest.

We blew a shitload of gettable chances, which obviously hurts on the scoreboard but is a momentum killer too. We had to play a bunch of amateur league standard academy players and only had five 185-plus cm players (Ladhams, Frampton, Bonner, Hewett and Johnson) compared to Glenelg's 10.

23 scoring shots a piece and +11 inside 50s (52-41).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad did the unimaginable sin when he coached this side, he tried to get them to win. Trying to learn an AFL gameplan during what should be a competitive game is sheer lunacy. Teach the team to win and let the AFL coach get them to play a senior game if they get called up.

It’s a balancing act, need to get them to learn their role to assist them if and when they come up to the AFL level but they also need to learn to win, Chad had it right last year when the games there to be won win it. Built a winning culture!

Chad also had a much better, more experienced and well balanced side including Ah Chee, Young, Eddy, Krakouer, Sharrad, Tom Gray, Palmer, Lobbe, Austin, etc.

Chad also had a much better, more experienced and well balanced side including Ah Chee, Young, Eddy, Krakouer, Sharrad, Tom Gray, Palmer, Lobbe, Austin, etc.

Plus a low injury toll and stable 22 in the Power which gave the Magpies a more stable line up. I find team stability and predictability to be a really underrated thing. The more players play together, the better they gel as a team and the better the performances will be. The opposite is true as well and I think we've probably seen a bit of that this year at the Magpies.

It’s a balancing act, need to get them to learn their role to assist them if and when they come up to the AFL level but they also need to learn to win, Chad had it right last year when the games there to be won win it. Built a winning culture!

Agree but the balance is completely wrong at the moment, players need to know how to score goals and win. Playing like an AFL team doesn't translate to the SANFL, skills and winning should be the two priorities, not the play-on-at-all-costs mania that you find in the AFL.

saw the first half before the app decided to fail me.
some thoughts:
- Ladhams looked laconic and disintrerested for having to play key back
- i was impressed by hewitt relishing midfield time with next to no help. Atley drew trengove etc not playing has really helped him flourish and i think hes showig hes going to be a solid player.
- neade was legitimatly our chf
-frampton well look. he has football nous shown by the lowering of the eyes hit up kick but hes just not a ruckman. Undersized and got beaten imo by jesse white. Yes he was good around the ground but why play him in the ruck when hes not suited. i think he is getting done by not having a clear position on the ground

While I agree that the side has been gutted, I still think Lokan is a downgrade on Cornes.

This would be the side if everyone was fit though.

F: Ladhams - Marshall - Johnson
HF: Farrell - Frampton - Neade
C: Barry - Atley - Irra
HB: Bonner - Lienert - Broadbent
B: McKenzie - Hombsch - Toumpas
R: Hayes - Trengove - Summerton (C)
INT FROM: Amon - Patmore - Drew - Garner - Hewett - Snelling

This is the side that played today

F: Johnson - Ladhams - Farrell
HF: Davidson - Neade - Morgan
C: Barry - Hewett - Irra
HB: Patmore - Toumpas - Mead