2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 19 @ Alberton

SANFL is fun.

Free kick count at halftime 11-10, umps had a chat in the rooms, finished up 15-29!

Banter got a bit willing at times :smilev1:

Based on today, no change to the Power team for the Prelim, unless SPP has won a starting spot. Hartlett keeps his dream alive, as does Clurey, but they need an injury to be promoted. Mayes is waiting patiently for the next cab, and Georgiades did himself no favours by dropping a handful of chest marks.

Of the developing players, Hayes is ready, McEntee is impressive, Mead worked into it but was a bit vanilla, Garner is a hothead, Pasini did some nice things and Lord is well-proportioned. Frederick was good but needs to treasure his possessions more, Lachie needed the run and Williams is unfit.

As the bloke next to me told the Bay supporter who was counting the premiership..."Six Flags is a theme park, not a premiership record!"

Jack Hudson's match report.

His BP's were
Best: Sutcliffe, Mayes, Woodcock, Williams, Clurey, Mead

Jonts

Nov 7, 2009
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
This bays team would have to be the worst team to nearly go undefeated in a season in the history of sport.
Damning for the other sanfl teams that none of them have beaten them.
Disgraceful if anyone compares them to our 1914 team
Yes I remember watching that 1914 Port side and this bay's team wouldn't get close

Poor Georgie, he was better at clunking scooters than marks today.

Even his brilliant snap was called a point. Touched I guess

Funniest part was after McEntee's goal in the final quarter, when the Bays supporter in front of us turned around and told us to make the most of it, because "you won't be playing next week".

Me and my mate looked at each other, then he told the guy..."Neither will you?"

The 1914 side was indisputably the best team in Australia. This bays team isn't even in the top 18
The 1914 Port Adelaide beat an SA state side. I reckon the 2021 Port Adelaide side would beat an SA State of Origin side with no Port players in it. That's probably more about the weakness of the current potential state side than the 1914 one.

Portmagpies36

Nov 5, 2015
This bays team would have to be the worst team to nearly go undefeated in a season in the history of sport.
Damning for the other sanfl teams that none of them have beaten them.
Disgraceful if anyone compares them to our 1914 team

Says a lot how bang average this league is.

Portmagpies36

Nov 5, 2015
Funniest part was after McEntee's goal in the final quarter, when the Bays supporter in front of us turned around and told us to make the most of it, because "you won't be playing next week".

Me and my mate looked at each other, then he told the guy..."Neither will you?"

You should have told him we will be playing next week in a national competition for a spot in an AFL Grand Final, something your feeder club can only dream about, now piss off back to Glenelg and relive the 5 premierships you have won in the last 100 years, w***er.

JakeNeadeFan

Nov 25, 2019
No standout feature to his game.

doesnt win enough of his own contested ball

not quick enough

small

kicking is slow loopy kicks. Opposite foot is hopeless.

Not a massive gut runner

Yeah, but apart from that?

Apr 6, 2014
Question. Would the sanfl teams by 1914 had contained a better spread of players than the sanfl teams of today considering that the football league is 20 to 30 years young by 1914? You would think two decades of football would have produced a good standard that is better than today's standard, given that the bulk of the best players are remaining in SA. I can't think of other reasons for the debate.

Good to get this win but disappointing that this is how much of a good team it took to beat the best sanfl team.

Coobk001

Mar 26, 2007
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Hahahahaha what a side! We're going to win. Going to be epic lol's when we screw their unbeaten year.
I'm still laughing...

LMFAO Glenelg.

What a great day that was. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Would love to know what was happening with SPP too, looked like we had taken him out of the action after the 1st term to look after him for next week.

68vette

Sep 24, 2014
RAdelaide
Los Angeles Dodgers
Mar 10, 2014
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Quite possibly not even in the top 30.
Our 1980 and 1990 sides would flog this current Tiggles side by fifteen goals minimum.
Our Invincibles beat the best sides in the nation and duly crowned national Champs - oh and dropkicked the State side by ten goals too!