Preview Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn (The Burgoyne/Wingard/Lonie/Renouf/Russell Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was Clarko I'd be starting Chad in the middle from centre bounce 1. If he wants to stick it up us for getting rid of him (and if I know Chad he absolutely does), that's where he'll do it from. Not hiding away in a forward pocket hoping that the ball falls his way.

Chad's sore hamstrings will probably stop this from happening a lot but it's the smart play to get him involved early.

Is that a Geelong population issue or an AFL contract with the MCG/Docklands issue?
Maybe a bit of both, but also that Geelong draws on a fair contingent of Melbourne-based fans that a Tassie team won't have access to.

So we all know whats going to happen this weekend. It will be one of either two things:

1) Chad will kick 4-5 goals and be the match winner

2) Chad will do nothing all game, but kick the match winner with 30 seconds left.

Bets on which one?
Or he could do what he did in the Melbourne game.

Sweet * all.

If I was Clarko I'd be starting Chad in the middle from centre bounce 1. If he wants to stick it up us for getting rid of him (and if I know Chad he absolutely does), that's where he'll do it from. Not hiding away in a forward pocket hoping that the ball falls his way.
I wish Burton was playing. He owes Clarko one big time.

Good call. Have Boak grind him into the ground and show him why he will never make it as a midfielder and blow him up so he's useless for the entire game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call. Have Boak grind him into the ground and show him why he will never make it as a midfielder and blow him up so he's useless for the entire game.

I’m in awe of what he’s delivering this year. Never been a fan of his kicking but that aside he’s been unbelievable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

so you’ll have launceston based ticket holders going to half the games and hobart based members going to the others, with a few nutters taking a 2.5 hour trip each way.

Hard to see how crowds would end up much bigger than they are now for Roos and Hawks games

If they build a shinkansen between the two it wont be an issue. :)

Last edited:
according to Umpire Appointments Brett Rosebury isnt umpiring our game anymore and isnt listed for any games this weekend. Replaced by Andrew Mitchell (31)

View attachment 679531

Good effort from Sam Walsh to be emergency goal umpire on Saturday and then back it up playing for the Blues on Sunday.

If be OK with that. I'd put Rosie or Rocky on him and absolutely torch him going the other way.

Let him get it and kick long around the corner to our tall defenders.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I for one would make Tassie my 2nd team instantly.
But as a 42 year member of the Hawthorn F.C, I could never be anything but a Hawk.

Yes but ask the younger generations or your kids the same question..... most of them would swap to the Tasmanian Devils tomorrow.

At least you have been barracking for the hawks much longer than they have been making money ..er ..helping AFL in Tasmania

so you’ll have launceston based ticket holders going to half the games and hobart based members going to the others, with a few nutters taking a 2.5 hour trip each way.

Hard to see how crowds would end up much bigger than they are now for Roos and Hawks games
It’s got to be a 8-3 split IMO. 8 games is enough to justify a full membership for those in Hobart (but access to all 11 games) and those willing to travel there. And 3 games is required to make a Launceston Membership appealing enough over a match day ticket, along with any less and it won’t feel anything other then fully Hobart not Tassie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back