2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 3 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Player reviews.

Summerton: BOG for mine. Probably his best game since his move to the wing. Terrific captain.
Palmer: Mid minutes improved a lot and was pretty good when he was there. Also chipped in with 3 goals which was great. His best game of the season.
Ah Chee: Didn't do much early but really imposed himself later in the game, Great that he got 3 goals too.
Eddy: Should be playing AFL. Decent day for him with 3 goals. With 4 talls up forward he did well in 1 on 1 contests. Would help free up Dixon if he got called up.
Toumpas: Good game from him at half back. Had 1 clanger where he kicked across the 50m arc to a North player but apart from that he did well.
Bonner: Although he got 30 touches, he really needs to improve his kicking. Was a lot better last year but ever since the Hawks JLT match his disposal has gone down the drain.
Atley: Well built and gets a lot of the ball but just like Boak, He needs to improve his kicking. Was on the bench for a while, thought he was injured but came back on and is fine.
Frampton: Not a good game from Billy today, Didn't do too well in the ruck and his disposal by hand burnt the side a few times. Pretty frustrating.
Reynolds: Wasn't the focal point of the forward line but he was ok and managed to kick a really good drop punt on the boundary.
Howard: Good day for him, He'll play AFL this year, possibly after the bye but until then he'll keep plugging away and gaining fitness week by week.
White: Thought he pretty consistent over the 4 quarters with his effort. His speed is definitely back which is good to see.
Neade: Didn't really notice him much up forward, played half forward/wing mostly.
Sharrad: Mid minutes were well down this week so it was hard for him to make an impact.
Snelling: Palmer, Ah Chee and Atley got most of the midfield time so like Sharrad it's a bit restricted on what we can really see him do.
Robbie Young: Brought good pressure and got a goal but apart from that it was a pretty average game from him.
Lienert: Probably his highlights for the day were kicking a goal from 50m out and also kicking long to the top of the goal square to Eddy. It's not ideal that he's being played as a KPD though.
Marshall: Was probably our best player in the first quarter and kicked 2 goals then spent a fair bit of time on the bench and didn't make much of an impact later. Is not injured.
Austin: Didn't really see much of him today. Needs to improve a bit if he wants to play AFL.
Drew: I reckon he was playing a bit up the ground today and I think he's better used as a back flanker or defensive mid. Didn't do much today.
Irra: Probably his best game this season. Although he only got 10 touches it was a pretty solid game. But not top 5 like some are saying lol.
Ladhams: Provided a tall target up forward and got a few marks but kicked 2 behinds and spent a fair period on the bench due to our 4 talls structure.
Player reviews.

Summerton: BOG for mine. Probably his best game since his move to the wing. Terrific captain.
Palmer: Mid minutes improved a lot and was pretty good when he was there. Also chipped in with 3 goals which was great. His best game of the season.
Ah Chee: Didn't do much early but really imposed himself later in the game, Great that he got 3 goals too.
Eddy: Should be playing AFL. Decent day for him with 3 goals. With 4 talls up forward he did well in 1 on 1 contests. Would help free up Dixon if he got called up.
Toumpas: Good game from him at half back. Had 1 clanger where he kicked across the 50m arc to a North player but apart from that he did well.
Bonner: Although he got 30 touches, he really needs to improve his kicking. Was a lot better last year but ever since the Hawks JLT match his disposal has gone down the drain.
Atley: Well built and gets a lot of the ball but just like Boak, He needs to improve his kicking. Was on the bench for a while, thought he was injured but came back on and is fine.
Frampton: Not a good game from Billy today, Didn't do too well in the ruck and his disposal by hand burnt the side a few times. Pretty frustrating.
Reynolds: Wasn't the focal point of the forward line but he was ok and managed to kick a really good drop punt on the boundary.
Howard: Good day for him, He'll play AFL this year, possibly after the bye but until then he'll keep plugging away and gaining fitness week by week.
White: Thought he pretty consistent over the 4 quarters with his effort. His speed is definitely back which is good to see.
Neade: Didn't really notice him much up forward, played half forward/wing mostly.
Sharrad: Mid minutes were well down this week so it was hard for him to make an impact.
Snelling: Palmer, Ah Chee and Atley got most of the midfield time so like Sharrad it's a bit restricted on what we can really see him do.
Robbie Young: Brought good pressure and got a goal but apart from that it was a pretty average game from him.
Lienert: Probably his highlights for the day were kicking a goal from 50m out and also kicking long to the top of the goal square to Eddy. It's not ideal that he's being played as a KPD though.
Marshall: Was probably our best player in the first quarter and kicked 2 goals then spent a fair bit of time on the bench and didn't make much of an impact later. Is not injured.
Austin: Didn't really see much of him today. Needs to improve a bit if he wants to play AFL.
Drew: I reckon he was playing a bit up the ground today and I think he's better used as a back flanker or defensive mid. Didn't do much today.
Irra: Probably his best game this season. Although he only got 10 touches it was a pretty solid game. But not top 5 like some are saying lol.
Ladhams: Provided a tall target up forward and got a few marks but kicked 2 behinds and spent a fair period on the bench due to our 4 talls structure.

Bonner: Although he got 30 touches, he really needs to improve his kicking. Was a lot better last year but ever since the Hawks JLT match his disposal has gone down the drain. - Your not serious? Down the drain?? 5 I50, 5 R50 and kicked at least 5 x 50m bullets through the middle to targets that resulted in 4 goals. Your obviously getting him mixed up with someone else.

Bonner: Although he got 30 touches, he really needs to improve his kicking. Was a lot better last year but ever since the Hawks JLT match his disposal has gone down the drain. - Your not serious? Down the drain?? 5 I50, 5 R50 and kicked at least 5 x 50m bullets through the middle to targets that resulted in 4 goals. Your obviously getting him mixed up with someone else.

Bonner in everything down back, but had a few costly mistakes.
Riley Bonner burning it most notebly IMO.
Bonner with a horrendous kick.
Bonner is a ways off
Bonner had plenty of it in the first half but turned it over

Some quotes from this thread. I'm not the only one that thinks his kicking has been very poor.

What position has Howard been playing this year?
2nd and 3rd quarters he played down back vs Glenelg reserves, 4th quarter up forward.

Then vs Norwood and North he's been down back.

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some quotes from this thread. I'm not the only one that thinks his kicking has been very poor.
Why not focus on the positive aspect of the kids game rather than being so critical. From what I saw All the kids showed great signs and Bonner with 30 from HB was impressive.

Why not focus on the positive aspect of the kids game rather than being so critical. From what I saw All the kids showed great signs and Bonner with 30 from HB was impressive.
I just call it as I see it. Last year his disposal was a lot better and was happy for him that he got a (AFL) game late in the year along with Snelling.

bos10

Bos
Apr 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Arch looks like a superstar in those highlights. Great to see.

Agree!! - 2 weeks out of the last 3 he's been excellent.

For those watching the Magpies regularly this year - how far away is he from a call up?

BTW - who else apart from Ah chee and Eddy are close to or deserve a game at afl level?

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
That's what he looks like during the game too.

I said it multiple times in the thread, AhChee is a superstar at SANFL level now. He is the elite player in this team now, it's a matter of him now just racking up some ball, continuing to get shots on goal and he'll get his shot at AFL level. Can he translate to that level? Well that's the question we all wish we knew the answer to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's what he looks like during the game too.

I said it multiple times in the thread, AhChee is a superstar at SANFL level now. He is the elite player in this team now, it's a matter of him now just racking up some ball, continuing to get shots on goal and he'll get his shot at AFL level. Can he translate to that level? Well that's the question we all wish we knew the answer to.

Going to need some runs in the AFL. He's pretty much a guaranteed out in the offseason 'to find more opportunities at another club to a play AFL'. At some point this season we are going to need to look at whether he's going to be the next Andrew Moore or else we'll get nothing out of his SANFL season.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
For those watching the Magpies regularly this year - how far away is he from a call up?

BTW - who else apart from Ah chee and Eddy are close to or deserve a game at afl level?
AhChee is very close.

Eddy is ready to go, but was just meh this week, he just benefitted this week from what the others did up the field.

White was getting back into form, and Neade looked like he was working into some good touch as well.

Dougal moves outstandingly well and should be knocking down the door later in the year. Austin looked meh, but that's probably only because he was playing next to Dougal who was looking so impressive.

Bonner & Atley are close but need to concentrate on their finishing because they're doing everything we want without the ball, and to get the ball, but they're burning it. Toumpas in the same boat, he's positioning really well right now but still turning it over occassionally at the worst times.

Frampton is useful around the ground but needs to improve his disposal in contested situations, as well as improve his ruckwork. Should be ready to go in 2018. Marshall is classy as hell, he's a one touch player, a good kick and generally makes good decisions. However physically he is very slight right now and his intensity at the contest and the defensive side of his game appears lacking right now.

Snelling and Drew seemingly a fair way off. Irra & Ladhams no hope this year.

Grandaddy J

All Australian
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I think a lot of us forget Frampton only turned 20 about four or five months ago. Incredibly bullish on what he could become in the future, especially under Lade's tutelage. Absolutely must be persisted with. His ability to find so much of the pill especially at this early stage of the career means his ceiling could be anything. The cleaner disposal and the ruckwork will come in a few years when he's filled out.

Hoping Ah Chee can back it up next week and put himself in line for selection. Brings something different to the (AFL) side that I reckon we're sorely in need of if we're gonna have a crack at the flag this year.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah there was a bit of Barry Blight and Malcolm Robran about Arch yesterday. ;)

In fact being serious for a moment, he was almost Ebert like in some of his moves, a lesser player couldn't have kicked 2 of those goals because they wouldn't have been able to get the ball in the first place.
How Arch has never become a regular AFL player is a real conundrum, at times he looks classes above sanfl footy.

As another poster suggested, it could be a concentration thing.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seen a bit of Marshall for Bushrangers and he reminds me of Trent Hentschel . Be patient

In my opinion he has much more forward presence than Westhoff but at moment only shows it for 20-30 mins a game

Needs to build tank but need to remember he's never really done a pre season yet , even this one was injured

Moral is be patient - you'll have a very good player , not a Jono Brown or Wayne Carey beast forward but a very mobile mercurial one like Hentschel

Yeah there was a bit of Barry Blight and Malcolm Robran about Arch yesterday. ;)

In fact being serious for a moment, he was almost Ebert like in some of his moves, a lesser player couldn't have kicked 2 of those goals because they wouldn't have been able to get the ball in the first place.
How Arch has never become a regular AFL player is a real conundrum, at times he looks classes above sanfl footy.

As another poster suggested, it could be a concentration thing.

I'd love to see ahchee break back into our afl side. his bast is good enough but his flaw is consistency.

hopefully atley, bonner, johnson and palmer all break or continue to break into our 22 a few times this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back