2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 3 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t realise he was that tall, could be very hand when he fills out a bit.

He’s listed as 186cm, which has been his listed height since the year before he was drafted

I’m pretty adamant he had a growth spurt since then.

Maybe it’s his slender frame that makes him look taller but I don’t reckon I’m wrong.

Unsure what height he is now but was not dwarfed by 192cm hately when I saw them together at champs and looks very similar height to 189cm Sam Mayes. So I’m guessing anywhere from 187-190cms now.

The play where lienert had the ball and it looked like grundy was running on to receive the handball, lienert handballs to him and grundy wasn't even looking...
I'm thinking wtf are you doing grundy... Grundy wasn't worried about the footy, but was running over to the fight on the wing.
That's probably my favourite port adelaide moment of the last 5 years...
That happened in front of me and my initial thought was he wasn't paying attention and doing an Essendon player from Rd 2 going to the bench crap rather than watching the ball.

The coaches box blocked my view of the fight on the ground, but then I saw him stop and drag the North guy off Mayes and I changed 180 degrees my opinion of his actions. It will go down as a favourite moment of him for me as well. There was one bit of play where he came off the bench and worked his way towards a pack with North had the advantage with player numbers, he didn't get there in time, but kept working and got to a second contest about 30m away. Didn't stop North getting rid of the ball, but put pressure on the player, copped a hit and went down on his knees and it was an excellent never give up moment.

The kid is a long way off from playing AFL, but he has a great attitude on and off the field that will make him a fan favourite. We can use him to work on getting Brodie to the club. Dont think we will get him, but why not have a crack and use Riley as one of our bargaining chips to get him? At the very leas,t it drives up the price Adelaide have to pay to get him.

Ladhams was so good.
Ladhams's improvement this pre-season + the early rounds has been fantastic. Before I thought he wasn't SANFL standard but he's stepped up big time.

Ladhams's improvement this pre-season + the early rounds has been fantastic. Before I thought he wasn't SANFL standard but he's stepped up big time.
Ladhams has been impressive this year, compared to last years go backwards year driven by injury.

Went along. Clearly a few boys knew a spot there for the taking.

A few classy efforts. Marshall, Farrell, Lienert at the front but also Garner, Fredericks, Ladhams, Trengove, Hewett. When the A’s lack run and the Bs have it in abundance, it’s time for change.

Out- Howard, Sam Gray, rest the youngster who most needs it

In- Lienert, Farrell, Marshall.

Watching that highlight video and I only just realised that impressive performance was put on by a side mostly comprised of 4th rounders and rookie draft picks

Marshall the lone 1st rounder and even he was pick 16 not even a high first rounder. Atley was a late second.

Broady a 3rd rounder. Mayes Trengove and McKenzie traded for late picks or delisted pickups.

The rest of the guys were end of draft or rookie list. That’s kind of impressive.

I think a lot of teams would be interested in a 6’2 Kane Mitchell to be honest

Although I think tall Kane Mitchell is pretty much around Pudney’s floor in terms of what he could become.

Hes a better kick than Kane.

Think more Priddis

Think more Priddis

Yeah that was more in response to people labeling him as a Kane Mitchell

Teams would have generally been keen on a 6’2 Kane Mitchell.

I don’t remember what Kane’s kicking was like. I blocked him from my memory as it was a frustrating time.

I think pudney has some inside ballwinning potential with his size as well. Already picks up clearances here and there without focusing on it and as a stick thin teen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

philthy05 you're right about Pudney - he probably would get 30 possessions in the AFL. He doesn't know how not to. ;)

If you want to get a good idea of Pudney's running power look at the video posted above by Ross, from 19.51 onward. Look at the vision from a few seconds before hand and freeze it as soon as the shot moves from the North player kicking a goal to the next frame with the ball on the outer wing and have a good look at where the players are.

Pudney is on the outer wing and if there was a line drawn across the ground he would be behind that line by maybe 10m. Pudney is #44 Port player on the wing with the North player on his right and the North player is a step or two in front of him.

The ball is 30m or so in front of Pudney about to be pounced on by a Port player - Davidson. Does a Josh Mahoney 2004 GF style slaps the ball to Farrell who does a 35m diagonal kick to Woodcock, who handballs over the top to Davison, nearly inside the goal square but ball bobbles so he runs out to the right of the square and snaps from about 8m out just outside the goal square.

Pudney has kept running for support and is 5m out in the goal square when the ball goes thru. So he has followed up for support and probably run 85-90m, the last bit decelerating in 14 seconds ie video now is at 20.05, and left his opponent about 15m behind him.

Watch it in normal speed then watch it again and do a few pauses to really get a feel of how hard he has worked.

Think more Priddis
Not sure about priddis, he was a ball of muscle 'inside' mid... As much as I hate that term..
Pudney is built like a greyhound, can run up and down the wing all day, if I had to label him like anyone it would be scully..

Not sure about priddis, he was a ball of muscle 'inside' mid... As much as I hate that term..
Pudney is built like a greyhound, can run up and down the wing all day, if I had to label him like anyone it would be scully..

I only meant his kicking action, not his game style

Remove this Banner Ad

Back