2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 22nd of May 2:30pm at Alberton Oval

For details on how to watch the game go to this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watching-the-maggies-in-the-sanfl-in-2021.1255843/

Radio: 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

McKenzie could be called up for the injured Clurey. Bonner and Ladhams are already in the AFL side so they'll be taken out as well. It's possible that Frederick drops out of the squad of 23 also. We should see a boost in the midfield though if Appleton comes back in. Ollie Lord might still be a week or 2 away recovering from his appendix surgery, Surman was a couple of weeks away with his shoulder but is now listed as TBC. Jase Burgoyne is set to play his 2nd of 4 allowed games.

This game is the day before AFL game so the sub will not be able to play (EG: Bergman).

If selected, Miller Carter and Nick Hooker could make their SANFL Debuts.

Still in the top 5 after the SANFL Showdown win before the bye. 4 clubs including our opponents this week right up behind us.
1621142797964.png

Maggies Side:
IN: Frederick, Wong, Hooker, Carter
OUT: Bonner (AFL), Ladhams (AFL), McKenzie (AFL), Sutcliffe (Knee)

F: Williams - Edwards - Wong
HF: Moore - Weidemann - Schofield
C: Samblich - Mayes - Wildman
HB: Frederick - Goldsack - Strange
B: Lienert - Corcoran - Garner
R: Hayes - Westbrook - Woodcock
INT FROM: J.Burgoyne - Aldridge - Carter - Hooker

Last edited:
This is where the reduction in AFL list sizes is really going to bite us - injuries and suspensions are going to make fielding a balanced/competitive side really challenging (especially when the Magpies play before the Power).
Currently 11 AFL players (12 if you include the sub) and 4 SANFL players not able to be selected at the moment.

This is where the reduction in AFL list sizes is really going to bite us - injuries and suspensions are going to make fielding a balanced/competitive side really challenging (especially when the Magpies play before the Power).
The club, I think, have done well in its recruiting of the contracted Magpie players for season 2021, so it’s perhaps not the disaster it could have been. Thinking outside the box has netted us Goldsack who is a more than capable SANFL player
Edit:
and to a lesser degree, the recruiting of Jace Bode.

Last edited:
So we could have a max of 9 AFL listed players this week. Not far off the pre-AFL reserves era when we had about 6 playing SANFL for Port.
It will be big effort if we get a win.

Initial Maggies Side: (3 players to drop back in)
IN: Frederick, Appleton, Wong, Hooker, Carter
OUT: Bonner (AFL), Ladhams (AFL), McKenzie (AFL), Mayes (AFL), Woodcock (AFL), Lienert (AFL)

F: Williams - Edwards - Wong
HF: Moore - Weidemann - Schofield
C: Samblich - Sutcliffe (C) - Wildman
HB: J.Burgoyne - Goldsack - Strange
B: Frederick - Corcoran - Garner
R: Hayes - Appleton - Westbrook
INT FROM: Aldridge - Carter - Hooker - ?
EMERG: Mayes, Woodcock, Lienert
Who is Hooker RossFC? I don’t remember seeing him on the contract list - I’m guessing this will be his debut?

Who is Hooker RossFC? I don’t remember seeing him on the contract list - I’m guessing this will be his debut?
If picked it would be his debut, we'll get a few emergencies in though so he could get pushed out.

Nick Hooker is apparently a midfielder/forward who played junior footy at Centrals, also played for Tiwi Bombers in the NTFL. Plays for Gawler Central when not picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well just give up on the afl and watch sanfl only at this point - seems like its the only way Im gonna get to see Hayes play.

I would suggest the pressure will be on on the coaches to play him alot next year, unless he sucks

The 26 squad for the AFL game will be reduced tp 22 plus one medical sub plus one travelling emergency.
So just two will drop back to the Magpies.
Looking a pretty threadbare SANFL side tomorrow.

Miles Bergman, Jarrod Lienert, Sam Mayes and Boyd Woodcock have been named as emergencies with the medical substitute to come from that group and be announced an hour before the game.

Any player not required at AFL level will be eligible to play in the SANFL for Port Adelaide against North Adelaide on Saturday.

Not really sure how this is going to work with the maggies playing Saturday and the AFL side playing Sunday.

I'm assuming 3 of these 4 play for the maggies.

Not really sure how this is going to work with the maggies playing Saturday and the AFL side playing Sunday.

I'm assuming 3 of these 4 play for the maggies.
Yeah I'm expecting Bergman to be the sub.

Just wondering how Jace Burger is eligible for Maggies. I thought he was on WWT list until drafted? Is he eligible to play league for Maggies if not selected for League for WWT?

Just wondering how Jace Burger is eligible for Maggies. I thought he was on WWT list until drafted? Is he eligible to play league for Maggies if not selected for League for WWT?
2019 rule changes and 2021 tweak from post U/18 championships to pre champs.

3. Access to AFL approved Next Generation Academy players in their draft year, after the Under 18 National Championships for four games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back