2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

5744035e08da99c5df61ac164c7d7a8e.jpg

Go you mighty Magpies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Wong had a big last quarter. Ive thought he is just too small to be competitive at SANFL level. He kicked 2 and helped set up 2 goals.

I didnt see him much in the first 3 quarters and I dont reckon Woodcock played in the last quarter. Woodcock kicked 2 critical late goals in the 3rd quarter after we had a lacklusture 3rd quarter.

If it was a set play to get Woodie to only play 3 quarters so he can travel to Melbourne as the emergency, and rest Wong for most of the first 3 so he had fresh legs in the last, then it was well executed plan.

So if my eyes are working properly that is X, Pasini, Trent, Jackson and Lordi joining in the team song. Great club conection from the injured players.

Ah sh*t. Thanks

Had an ice pack on his ankle after the game, but was walking and not on crutches. Might not be that bad.

Was pleasantly surprised with our first half, but the sky fell in during the 3rd qtr.
Then by the sheer force of their will, they got the chockies.

As has been stated above, fringe and younger AFL listed sprinkling of players, along with a mass of players who would not get a gig with any other state lague side, againt a team with a host of ex-AFL players and other league sides.

Should not have even been a contest, yet Port won.

Wasn't won by skill nor talent. We committed countless kicking and handball turnovers. But they swung the momentum back when all seemed lost, gutsed it out with grit and dtermination.

A typical old fashioned Maggies win.

Well done men!

I really liked Schofield's game. Hardly saw him early, appeared to be in the arctic alley on a HFF.

But when he went on the ball he really came into the game. Finished with 17 disposals and 2 goals.

He's small but has superb balance and 360 degree awareness of what is going on around him. Very composed with ball in hand.

Taj reminds me of Caleb Daniel like that, needs a bit more body strength, but could surprise when he gets his chance.

Sam Mayes was huge on the ball today. 31 disposals, 8 clearances and 8 tackles. He tackles with intent too. Sparked our resurgence from late in the third quarter right through to our ultimate win.

He seems to always wind up on a half back flank in the AFL where he lacks a little pace, but he wins hard contested ball in tight in the middle and at stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back