2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Trial Match 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 11th of March at Alberton. Maggies at 2:10pm, Academy at 11:25am. FREE ENTRY.

Team:
F: Ladhams - Reynolds - Monfries
HF: Johnson - Frampton - Palmer
C: Irra - Ah Chee - Toumpas
HB: Drew - Lienert - Krakouer
B: Hewett - Austin - Rudloff
R: Lobbe - Snelling - Summerton (C)
INT FROM: Miller - Sharrad - R.Young - Corcoran - Ross - Marshall - Baron

Last edited:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Lot of new faces and even with the usual suspects there's a few I haven't seen for a long time. A team sheet with Nos would be great.
Almost feel like a parent going to the 1st game of the school team...who's that and what's his name.
Your emergencies Reynolds and Tommy Gray both walk up starts last year sort of says it all. Strange times in the weird world
of the great PA Magpies who now seem more like a feeder club. I know it 'is what it is' but where I'm coming from is the long off season
and players coming back from LT injuries/suspensions as well as the AFL rookies it seems like we could be called the 'Revolving Doors'
playing musical chairs. Change is inevitable in this world but to me it's like going from my, (not so trusty :D) old Triumph m/cycle to a
hybrid car. It's meant to be better but sheesh it takes some getting use to.
Oh well, I'll still keep rocking up to games, just not sure how many will join me. Emotional investment in an ever changing 'thing'
is not easy.

Is it just me or are you fellow posters on here reading this and going o_O.

Lot of new faces and even with the usual suspects there's a few I haven't seen for a long time. A team sheet with Nos would be great.
Almost feel like a parent going to the 1st game of the school team...who's that and what's his name.
Your emergencies Reynolds and Tommy Gray both walk up starts last year sort of says it all. Strange times in the weird world
of the great PA Magpies who now seem more like a feeder club. I know it 'is what it is' but where I'm coming from is the long off season
and players coming back from LT injuries/suspensions as well as the AFL rookies it seems like we could be called the 'Revolving Doors'
playing musical chairs. Change is inevitable in this world but to me it's like going from my, (not so trusty :D) old Triumph m/cycle to a
hybrid car. It's meant to be better but sheesh it takes some getting use to.
Oh well, I'll still keep rocking up to games, just not sure how many will join me. Emotional investment in an ever changing 'thing'
is not easy.

Is it just me or are you fellow posters on here reading this and going o_O.
For mine there are several things I like despite the team changing every year.

Watching players on the cusp of selection hopefully improve a bit and get a spot for the Power. Seeing the raw kids like Marshall and Frampton develop.

I love being able to see the Prison Bars jumper. Also when Maggies listed players like Summerton, Rudloff, Reynolds, Sharrad, Robbie Young and Tommy Gray are playing well it is exciting to see.

Also having the extra opportunity to see players at the twilight of their career (eg: Tommy Logan in 2015, Bobby Carlile in 2016) is good too.

Last edited:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Yep your right. I'd also add a like of mine and that is our crowd. Familiar faces, a chat here and there and even just
a nod and a smile is reward enough for me. Baz on the PA and Greg pulling beers. The kids in football gear and the starry eyed teens
longingly looking at young men, who are where they want to be, running around in the Prison Bars.
Then over at Dad's Army HQ's where old codgers sip beers and reminisce bygone days when both they and the club were in their prime.
Occasionally you'd catch a glimpse of some old campaigner, trussed up in club gear, looking like an embarrassment on legs anywhere
else but Alberton and then realise you've walked past your own reflection. Happy days, roll on 2017 and **** off the rest.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
*Mods please move thread to Maggies sub-forum the day after the game like last year*

Expecting the teams to be out the day before or on the day available on a piece of paper at the ground.

Saturday 11th of March at Alberton. Maggies at 2:10pm, Academy at 11:25am. FREE ENTRY.

Could be way off but this is my predicted side.
F: Ladhams - Marshall - Monfries
C: White - Ah Chee - Impey
HB: Irra - Lienert - Krakouer
INT: Toumpas - Sharrad - R.Young
EMERG: Reynolds - T.Gray
Keen to hear how Irra goes.

*Mods please move thread to Maggies sub-forum the day after the game like last year*

Expecting the teams to be out the day before or on the day available on a piece of paper at the ground.

Could be way off but this is my predicted side.
C: White - Ah Chee - Impey
INT: Toumpas - Sharrad - R.Young
EMERG: Reynolds - T.Gray
Good stuff, I enjoyed these threads last year. :thumbsu:

http://sanfl.com.au/sanfl-maccas-league-trial-teams-week-1/
Summerton, Rudloff, Baron, Monfries, Sharrad, Reynolds, Corcoran, Marshall, Frampton, Toumpas, Ross, Lobbe, Impey, Austin, Drew, Atley, Johnson, Snelling, Palmer, Ladhams, Lienert, Ah Chee, Hewett, Irra, Miller, Krakouer, R.Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://sanfl.com.au/sanfl-maccas-league-trial-teams-week-1/
Summerton, Rudloff, Baron, Monfries, Sharrad, Reynolds, Corcoran, Marshall, Frampton, Toumpas, Ross, Lobbe, Impey, Austin, Drew, Atley, Johnson, Snelling, Palmer, Ladhams, Lienert, Ah Chee, Hewett, Irra, Miller, Krakouer, R.Young.

1319765741001.jpg

I reckon something is wrong here. It says Lobbe, Atley, Drew and Impey are there but only 3 of them will be cut for the Power. Also isn't Toumpas injured?

Impey wasn't named at all in the Power squad.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Predicted Side:
C: Toumpas - Drew - Impey
INT FROM: Sharrad - R.Young - Atley - Ah Chee - Ross - Corcoran - Reynolds
EMERG: Baron* - Miller* (Both not signed)
Joe Atley is in the Power side .. he doing a double take lol

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Any info on Baron and Miller? Not sure I've seen those names before.
Keanu Miller played 17 games for the Academy last year, Is 174cm, 61kg. Not sure about Baron.

Both are not Maggies listed players yet but with 4 spots left this is at least a good sign for them.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back