Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Crowd of about 3.

Reynolds with 500.
Other way around.

Reynolds 3 in the first half, Marshall 3 in the second half.

Snelling, Reynolds, Frampton, Toumpas, Austin, Drew, Lienert, Miller were among the best(not necessarily in that order).

11 points. Looks like we're rubbish.

Untitled.png

Other way around.

Snelling, Reynolds, Frampton, Toumpas, Austin, Drew, Lienert, Miller were among the best(not necessarily in that order).
Marshall only kicked two.

Arch would be stiff not to be in the best.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How did Impey, Johnson and Krakouer all play? We need a couple of them to have big seasons. Speed, excitement and skill are three missing ingredients from our forward line at AFL level. For all his quality, Wingard is not an overly explosive forward, and neither are Young or Monfries.

How did Impey, Johnson and Krakouer all play? We need a couple of them to have big seasons. Speed, excitement and skill are three missing ingredients from our forward line at AFL level. For all his quality, Wingard is not an overly explosive forward, and neither are Young or Monfries.
Impey didn't play. Krak was meh. Johnson was alright, continues to flex his muscles and manages to bump and tackle guys twice his size.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Impey didn't play. Krakouer did a couple of nice things but you'd expect an AFL player to be in the game more. Although to be fair he was taken off a few times, I assume to give others a chance. Johnson kicked a goal but didn't do all that much either.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
I think we have found one in ladhams, bloody hell impressive size, mobility, skill level...
Marshall was impressive, did all the team things and also lead and read the play well, not nervous when he lines up for goal which is welcome relief...
Drew won't play much in the sanfl once he gets a crack. Composed, good sized, smart.
Irra burnt it a couple of times but also provided a bit of rebound and run.
Hard not to be impressed with all our 1st 2nd, 3rd year players, all look to be developing nicely.
Young and Miller were livewires up forward too, their speed and tackling pressure locked the ball in and created many shots on goal.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just remember that Tom Jonas is our best defender.
Lol to the coaches. I'm going to take a stab and say Austin will be our best defender this season.

Jonas was our best one on one defender a few seasons back. He has been unable to reproduce that form unfortunately.

And Im really looking forward to Lienert being given a opportunity

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
just back from the game. Impressed by Lienart, Ladhams, Snelling, Billy & Austin. Lobbe got better as the North rucks tired. The Magpie listed players all turned in very solid games. Toumpas & Krakouer pretty ordinary.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
When I saw his draft video I thought he would become similar to Justin Westhoff, but after watching today he reminds me more of a Jack Riewoldt type player
Might be, but with the way Hinkley has been coaching our team I can't see him staying in the forward lines like Riewoldt does.

The most overated player on our list by BigFooty bar absolutely none is Nathan Krakouer.

I think opinions on him are mostly balanced if not slightly towards the negative side. Wouldn't call him overrated on this board at all.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Other way around.

I'd add Ladhams to that list took a heap of marks could've had more than 1 goal. Like Marshall the longer the game went
the better he gotwhich was the case with Frampton Ah Chee Rudloff Sharrad and Austin there as well. Also applies to Lobbe.
Yep I said it Lobbes. Unsighted in the 1st qtr but slowly worked his way into the game. Frampton tho' is faster a better mark
and kick imo. Billy was in a lot of the action and again got better as the game went on. Grow a longer fuse Billy your important.

Standout was Snelling BOG imo. He was in everything, lives at the bottom of packs and got us started from dead ball setups a lot.
Lienert is a gem. Took plenty of kick-outs often to advantage but it's his field kicking that impresses. Sees options 40 and
50m+ and has the leg to deliver. Mucked up a short pass or 2 but overall a BIG tick today. Austin solid in defence with
some runs and link up play. Irra got a lot of it and looked good albeit with some iffy disposal.
Marshall... didn't see him in the 1st 1/2. Skied his 1st (?) kick in the 3rd then proceeded to grow in front of our eyes.
A Westhoff enigmatic type seemingly capable of anything. Confident laconic and full of promise. Could end up ho hum
or unbelievable. Wont be from lack of self belief which imo is a good thing.

Reynolds was high up in our best, 3 goals composure and class. What's he doing off our list? Right now way ahead of Johnson.
Special mention goes to Keanu Miller. Built like a toothpick on a diet he's quick smart and gifted. Reads the play and ball
flight very well. Don't know if he has a contract but geez if not he put every foot right today.
Gus Monfries is rusty....very rusty. Krak quiet and Hewitt some way to go.
Good solid efforts from Sharrad Rudloff and Robbie Young was busy and did some good things.

We played a very high press with no real weakness around the ground. North were well drilled but we swamped them
and then chocked them. We had our clangers for sure and this time wind wasn't a factor but all up
plenty of players to be upbeat about.

Not a bad crowd either.

Will Marshall get a game this season in the AFL from those at the game?
What's an AFL comparison of Drew? Up to M Crouch and S Mitchell standard :$
Marshall is project player. Needs to put on some muscle and get fitter but he's really good at defending and nabbed some goals too.

I liked what I saw from his half.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back