2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Trial Match 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The most overated player on our list by BigFooty bar absolutely none is Nathan Krakouer.
Think people are starting to wake up to the fact he just isn't doing much. Needs to start making an impact. For someone who was rated as an "elite" kick by CD, he scrubs far too many.

... Drew won't play much in the sanfl once he gets a crack .....
I was surprised and pleased with him v Richmond. But a kids' body still. If he gets a crack in the AFL team this I'll be pleased for him, but also sobbing into my pillow that he's better than some of our bigger and more experienced players.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It may be a Chad thing but our kick outs went very well. Unfortunately, there were only 5 for the game. Lienart would make out to kick to one side and then sell the dummy and then kick to the other side. All were elite kicks and hit a team mate over 50 metres out. There was perhaps one straight forward kick out and I know it was marked by a team mate by the Allan Scott gate. Hombsch's position will always be safe, but if Jonas or Clurey slip up then Jarrod should get a go.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Sounds like Marshall is showing good signs. Fitness is something that will come with time.
Yep. His thighs are getting bigger it's the top 1/2 that's undersized. Forgot to mention Drew. Not a huge game but he showed his class a few times.
Got a shocking h/b to his feet over balanced in trying to gather it and met the dirt. Caught by the oppo he stays in the contest and from a prostrate
position punches the ball 10m to a team mate great stuff. Might/is behind Atley atm but you can see why we got him.
We nailed the draft this year.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ah Chee and Toumpas will be delisted at the end of this year. Bar 1 memorable game, Ah Chee has virtually been Marlon Motlop.
Nah Ah Chee strung a month together at the end of 2015 that screamed AFL quality footballer, Marlon would've struggled to string together 4 minutes.. agree though he's gone unless he finds something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah Ah Chee strung a month together at the end of 2015 that screamed AFL quality footballer, Marlon would've struggled to string together 4 minutes.. agree though he's gone unless he finds something
Still remember Marlon's freakish goal at Etihad stadium - had foot skills but not keen on body contact.
Arch on the other hand just lacks belief.

Nov 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle Dockers (AFLW)
Ah Chee and Toumpas will be delisted at the end of this year. Bar 1 memorable game, Ah Chee has virtually been Marlon Motlop.

Spot on his games against GWS, Hawthorn, Gold Coast and Peel Thunder were all of a very high standard. Seems forever ago now :(

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Papa G isn't usually that far off the mark, but Arch would be approaching superstar status compared to Marlon Motlop. ;)

How was Austin moving? 100% fit ready to go? I feel safer with him in our back half with Clurey and Hombsch.
Looks good to go. Didn't really look injured in the intra club match 3-4 weeks ago either. I reckon it's some bullshit excuse to keep Jonas in the side.

Looks good to go. Didn't really look injured in the intra club match 3-4 weeks ago either. I reckon it's some bullshit excuse to keep Jonas in the side.

He was really good at Norwood once.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
The punt on Toumpas was worthwhile imo. Clearly isn't going to pay off though.
His 1st 1/2 was good. Didn't see him after that. Lobbe had a shocking 1st qtr worked his way back in after that. Having said that
Lobbes is barely sanfl standard. His ceiling is not AFL and imo those who think otherwise are kidding themselves.
I don't hate him or value his 'presence,' good guy or clubman status just the cold hard facts of his output and potential to improve.
Some of Ladhams tap work today was impressive and as the game went on his marking too.

croweyrocks

All Australian
Nov 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

After his first 8 games he was top 3 in the league for 1%s per game. Probably not a huge stat but reminds me so much of a lock down key defender who moves well and can use the ball! I hope your theory is incorrect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back