Remove this Banner Ad

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice to see Monfries back playing footy for the club.

Also good to hear the positive reviews of Marshall's first outing. There's clearly a hell of a lot of talent to work with there, we'll just have to see how soon his body will allow him to display it on the big stage.

Snelling being particularly impressive is also a good sign, hopefully he can keep it up and keep the pressure on for midfield spots.

Zombie

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2002
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are we hiding Will Snelling from early round oppo analysts?

He was one of our late season shining lights last year, plays a role we desperately need in the AFL team and is pound for pound the strongest player at the club.

Yet we haven't seen him this pre-season other than internal trials and the SANFLtrial in which by all accounts (other than the official ones) he was BOG.

I'm hoping the club IS keeping him hidden a bit to be unleashed during the season rather than just being overlooked. Wines and Gray could do with Snelling rotating through the Power midfield, I would have him in the R1 side before Amon, S.Gray, Atley, etc

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

He was one of our late season shining lights last year, plays a role we desperately need in the AFL team and is pound for pound the strongest player at the club.

Yet we haven't seen him this pre-season other than internal trials and the SANFLtrial in which by all accounts (other than the official ones) he was BOG.

I'm hoping the club IS keeping him hidden a bit to be unleashed during the season rather than just being overlooked. Wines and Gray could do with Snelling rotating through the Power midfield, I would have him in the R1 side before Amon, S.Gray, Atley, etc
I'd love to have all of Robbie, Wines, Atley and Snelling in the AFL side. Sam Gray to be backup.

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

lol. I wish.

Eddy and Houston will get upgraded and Snelling will spend the year in the SANFL.

lol. I wish.

Eddy and Houston will get upgraded and Snelling will spend the year in the SANFL.
Surely we can upgrade Snelling too for 2-3 months while Doogie is injured?

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
I know Snelling will be talked a lot about in the upgrade rookie conversation but I think Lienert will also be spoke about more as the year ticks along. Problem for Lienert is Austin is ahead of him (rightly so) as well Jonas and Clurey. Though Lienert has the best kick of them all.

woffy

All Australian
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
lol. I wish.

Agree re Eddy & Houston.
Surely Snelling or Lienert will be promoted whilst Howard is still out, then one can be placed on the main list permanently half way through season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I know. The question is why? We should be upgrading on a needs basis. I think we have been very clever with the use of the rookie list and we should keep the flexibility that we have engineered.
Eddy and Houston IMO should play round 1. Snelling if he keeps performing is not far off either.

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eddy and Houston IMO should play round 1. Snelling if he keeps performing is not far off either.
Thanks. i can see it as a possibility. I can imagine Broadbent replacing either Houston or Bonner from the Hawthorn game. It will be an interesting choice. Bonner is more likely to provide us with the run off half back. Bonner will be then be replaced by Pittard. I also have an issue with height in the back lines against Sydney and am wondering if Austin should play.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Got the teamsheet.

No Biemans, Tom Gray, Hawkins, Davidson, Northeast, Stengle or Phelps.

Agius and Cooper are there.

The kid that had cancer, Kyran Dixon is playing. I also see a Darcy Ginever and a Trevor-John Wanganeen.

Northeast page on Instagram says "PAFC PLAYER" on his description, maybe injured?

Hawkins and Davidson may also be injured, perhaps that's why they haven't resigned.

Wow, I thought cooper and agius would be long gone! Particularly aguis.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
am wondering if Austin should play.
Yes and yes imo. John'o in the commentators box said our defence lacked a tall key back "they don't grow on trees tho"
Well imo Logan Austin's game v North was screaming "hey watta 'bout me". I rate him big time.
After the internal scratch match REH posted that in talking to Chad and Timmy G, Cornes said of Lienert
"I think we've found a player here". His long range oppo opening passing v Nth was friggin awesome.
Speaking of awesome let's not forget Peter Ladhams his marking was wow stuff.

* GRIPE TIME*

Where on our PAFC site are the goals v North or highlights. The game was filmed and Chad said to the players at 3/4 time
"on Monday night when you see the video." I would like..........nah, **** it, I want to see more of the Magpies
more regularly featured on our official site. Us tragics may not be great in number but let's not forget our roots
and the base on which we build our national profile.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
The SANFL guide on the Magpies made a big thing of us being "top heavy" with Lobbe, Ladhams, Marshall and Frampton all required to play in the team. While it's true that Lobbe and possibly Ladhams may not be all that mobile, Marshall will be a CHF type and Frampton is already covering a good bit of ground. If the cowvertiser wishes to get into cliches there is also "a good big man will always beat a good little man" and I can see us winning a lot of last quarters as our big players start to dominate.

Marshall CHF, Reynolds FF, Lobbe/Frampton/Ladhams rotating between ruck/third tall forward/bench. You'd like a bit more mobility out of Lobbe but overall it's not too bad a setup.

Pity we can't play Ladhams in the Academy side though. Lower standard obviously, but he'd learn more from leading the ruck at that level than from being third banana in the SANFL seniors. Overall we're much better off having our own ressies side but this is one of the rare occasions where it hurts the development of one of our players more than it helps.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marshall CHF, Reynolds FF, Lobbe/Frampton/Ladhams rotating between ruck/third tall forward/bench. You'd like a bit more mobility out of Lobbe but overall it's not too bad a setup.

Pity we can't play Ladhams in the Academy side though. Lower standard obviously, but he'd learn more from leading the ruck at that level than from being third banana in the SANFL seniors. Overall we're much better off having our own ressies side but this is one of the rare occasions where it hurts the development of one of our players more than it helps.

I've always said that rookie listed power players should be eligible to play in the academy side

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've always said that rookie listed power players should be eligible to play in the academy side
Shows the complete shambles that the rules are atm. SANFL: "YOU MUST PLAY ALL AVAILABLE AFL-LISTED PLAYERS IN THE MINOR ROUND. YOU MUST PLAY NO MORE THAN 17 AFL-LISTED PLAYERS IN FINALS" :drunk:

Funny thing is, had the new 17 player rule for finals been in from the start, we probably would have won the 2014 SANFL granny.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shows the complete shambles that the rules are atm. SANFL: "YOU MUST PLAY ALL AVAILABLE AFL-LISTED PLAYERS IN THE MINOR ROUND. YOU MUST PLAY NO MORE THAN 17 AFL-LISTED PLAYERS IN FINALS" :drunk:

Funny thing is, had the new 17 player rule for finals been in from the start, we probably would have won the 2014 SANFL granny.

My thoughts exactly! Plus if the afl lads aren't performing and an academy lad is, we should have the right to pick him! Surely not being able to pick our best 21 is compromising the league!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back