2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 10 @ Alberton

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Liked a lot of what I saw.

Wines was a beast, and was bursting clear, a clear sign he is fit and in form. Hit players on the lead as well. Good signs.

Drew is a class above.

We were too tall up forward, which allowed some easy rebound at times, as well as getting in each other's way a bit. However a return of 7 goals from Dixon, Frampton & Hayes is welcome.

The backline will benefit from having Bonner & Lienert back there next week. Means Mayes can slot back onto the wing.

Pudney & Frederick were good, in everything. Provided plenty of run.

Grundy did nothing, but neither did Dawes - who is much bigger, stronger and more experienced. Not too bad for a raw kid.

Ebert looked super rusty, but worked his way into it, and ended up as our best kick into F50.

Sutcliffe justifying his selection. He's a good player. We have some solid depth in McKenzie, Trengove, Sutcliffe and Broady to support the kids.

I thought our small forwards lacked a bit however. Cox bobbed up for a couple but was well held. Johnson similar, but had a couple of solid hits. Woodcock was busy but very wasteful.

Overall, I enjoyed that game.

I'm not seeing what everyone sees in Frederick???

That said good game. Frustrating at times especially the umpiring.

Garner just has to get more games this year or we aren't fair dinkum as a footy club.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Sutcliffe would have been handy yesterday on Walters or Hill. Might be a timely performance from him with Kelly/Dangerfield/Ablett next.

Sutcliffe would have been handy yesterday on Walters or Hill. Might be a timely performance from him with Kelly/Dangerfield/Ablett next.
SANFL top-up player to rookie to tagging the most dangerous midfielders in the game in a few weeks. If this happens then clearly promotion prospects are wild at Alberton. Next year we'll be fighting off applicants for the top-up player positions.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
We will probably re Rookie Martin Frederick at the end of the year. If he maintains his approach I reckon we could do worse than offer him a spot on the senior list in a couple of years. The kid has qualities which a couple of our senior listed players lack. He is quick and goes at it for four quarters. Given a bit more experience and some honing of his skills I could see him being a pretty dangerous small forward at AFL level.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
IMG_20190616_183636.jpg

Grundy has some super athleticism. Big leap and great closing speed. Fierce competitor. Explains why he is a handy pinch hitter in ruck.

Raw boned and hardly touches the ball at this stage but would be playing reserves at Sturt so can't expect him to rack it up at league level. I remember when Tom Jonas rarely touched the ball.

Lots of development in him but he could be alright. Nullifying role is fine for him now.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The last 2 weeks at Alberton have been huge fun, topped off beautifully this evening with Charlie blowing kisses and stirring up the big mouth Nord w***ers who had been giving him s**t as he came to the bench for the last time in the dying light, job done.
I want Billy to come in next week along with Charlie. They complimented each other nicely, both scored goals and created goals for others. The afl team desperately needs their personality and mongrel - we are so ******* insipid.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
It was so good to see decent crowds at Alberton, decent weather, decent results.
The Maggies actually resembled a proper team with a couple of big forward and a great mix in the midfield.
Really haven seen it at any level of the club for a while.

Ollie Dixon drew and Garner, lock it in...

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Guessing Sam Hayes just played a couple of quarters?
Off and on most the day. Didn't ruck a heap, kicked a couple of goals, including the first. Predominantly played as a forward. Played well I thought for his first game back in just over 12 months. I really rate the kid, think he has a big future.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Grundy has some super athleticism. Big leap and great closing speed. Fierce competitor. Explains why he is a handy pinch hitter in ruck.

Raw boned and hardly touches the ball at this stage but would be playing reserves at Sturt so can't expect him to rack it up at league level. I remember when Tom Jonas rarely touched the ball.

Lots of development in him but he could be alright. Nullifying role is fine for him now.

I remember Tom Jonas rarely touching the ball too, seems like only yesterday. :think:

Back