2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 17 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 20th of August: Maggies at 2:10pm, Academy at 11:30am.
SANFL-Next-Game-s1717.jpg

170815-redlegs-hero.jpg

On radio here: http://sanfl.com.au/radio/

Or watch online here for $15: https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/sa...?productcategoryid=2&productsubcategoryid=600

Maggies Changes:
IN: Hombsch, Impey, Ah Chee
OUT: Bonner, Marshall (AFL), Frampton (Shoulder)

Maggies Side:
F: Ladhams - Eddy - Krakouer
HF: Palmer - Trengove - Monfries
C: Drew - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Impey - Austin - Irra
B: Lienert - Hombsch - Toumpas
R: Lobbe - Ah Chee - A.Young
INT: Snelling - Hewett - White
EMERG: T.Gray - Sharrad

Academy Changes:
IN: Coxon
OUT: Cooper (Injured?)

Academy Side:
F: Miller - Reynolds - R.Young
HF: Harris - Zavrl - Roads
C: Baron - Sharrad - T.Gray
HB: Hawkins - Davidson - Hampton
B: Ginever - Corcoran - Rudloff
R: Ross - Biemans - Proude
INT FROM: Mahney - Morgan - Coxon

The Maggies are currently 2nd on the ladder and with finals locked in we are looking at a possible top 2 finish. Most likely somewhere between 2nd-4th. Brett Eddy still has a 4 goal lead in the Ken Farmer after kicking 3 last week.
Untitled.jpg

The Academy side have top spot + finals locked up and are 3 games clear. Tyler Harris still leads the reserves goal kicking by 1 after kicking 1 goal last week. Luke Reynolds moves up to 4th spot after kicking 1 goal as well.
Untitled1.jpg

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 1 point.

Last edited:

Our game at the beginning of the year at the Parade when Robbie kicked the winner was a wow moment.
7 (?) lead changes in the last qtr iirc. How invested/engaged the crowd? I for one and plenty of others didn't hear the siren.
Hoping we clinically dismantle them. Jack is right, forget wannabes like Sturt or Glenelg who hunger to bask in our glow,
Port v Norwood is where it's at. I don't hate them as much as Glenelg I just look at them now as a sad shell of a once proud club.
Consigned to relative irrelevance in the grand scheme of things that is football SA.

Wally Miller as Rod Steiger Brando as Norwood .... a bum in Paluka's ville.

The ultimate irony Redlegs supporters pulling for the Crows, an entity born in a courtroom, who stole their destiny
... and they support them :eek:.

Win Sunday and 2nd is tied up. Lose and we're 3rd above Norwood and with North to come to end the season we should still end with the double chance. The number 1 spot is nearly out of reach as we would need the Eagles to drop both but to paraphrase the Mexicans in 'Blazing Saddles', "We don't need no steenking week off!"
But as always we want to beat win for two reasons, it gives us momentum going into the finals and any way we always want to beat Norwood.

... Jack is right, forget wannabes like Sturt or Glenelg who hunger to bask in our glow,
Port v Norwood is where it's at...

The ultimate irony Redlegs supporters pulling for the Crows, an entity born in a courtroom, who stole their destiny

You answered your own question. They wouldn't support us! Thus, the Crows...

Our game at the beginning of the year at the Parade when Robbie kicked the winner was a wow moment.
7 (?) lead changes in the last qtr iirc. How invested/engaged the crowd? I for one and plenty of others didn't hear the siren.
Hoping we clinically dismantle them. Jack is right, forget wannabes like Sturt or Glenelg who hunger to bask in our glow,
Port v Norwood is where it's at. I don't hate them as much as Glenelg I just look at them now as a sad shell of a once proud club.
Consigned to relative irrelevance in the grand scheme of things that is football SA.

Wally Miller as Rod Steiger Brando as Norwood .... a bum in Paluka's ville.

Yes, that was a good game. I even got abused by a drunk Norwood supporter for wearing a "Ports Powa" scarf. I showed him the Magpies logo as it was my NTUA scarf. No game at Norwood Oval would be complete without the bitterness of the locals.

Yes, that was a good game. I even got abused by a drunk Norwood supporter for wearing a "Ports Powa" scarf. I showed him the Magpies logo as it was my NTUA scarf. No game at Norwood Oval would be complete without the bitterness of the locals.
There's usually one guy there (at The Parade), wears a denim jacket from memory, who yells out "AFL rejects!!11!" about 10 times a quarter. I once asked him which ones he meant, because all of ours are still on a list. The reply was a look of confusion then a maniacal "Power reserrrrrrrrves HAHAHAHAHA!!!". He got problems.

Win and top 3 is sewn up and we will remain a sneaky premiership chance.

If White plays he'll only need 1 more Maggie's game to qualify for finals. So we'll be hitting the SANFL finals strong. Young being the big name that won't have qualified.

Win and top 3 is sewn up and we will remain a sneaky premiership chance.

If White plays he'll only need 1 more Maggie's game to qualify for finals. So we'll be hitting the SANFL finals strong. Young being the big name that won't have qualified.
Top 3 have the double chance, right? The SANFL's finals format confuses me a bit.

Top 3 have the double chance, right? The SANFL's finals format confuses me a bit.

Week 1
1- bye
2/3 - Qualifying
4/5 - Elimination

Week 2
QFW/1 - Preliminary
QFL/EFW - Semifinal

Week 3
PFL/SFW - 2nd Preliminary

Week 4
Grand Final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be charging $10 tops for sanfl games.
Yep, it's also a bit strange that last week I got a pass for $12 from Westies to watch online, but if I went it'd cost $14??? I would like to go to the majority of games, but cheaper to stay at home and can do other things made it a no-brainer.

Week 1
1- bye
2/3 - Qualifying
4/5 - Elimination

Week 2
QFW/1 - Preliminary
QFL/EFW - Semifinal

Week 3
PFL/SFW - 2nd Preliminary

Week 4
Grand Final
You've got the structure right, but in week 2 we call them the 1st and 2nd Semi Final. ie.

1- bye
2/3 - Qualifying Final
4/5 - Elimination

Week 2
QFW/1 - 2nd Semi Final
QFL/EFW - 1st Semi Final

Week 3
PFL/SFW - Preliminary Final

Week 4
Grand Final

Imagine port winning the SANFL flag and crows winning the AFL flag... ugh

I would call it a tie.

"Magpies: 37 Premierships
Power: 37 Premierships

'You can never tear us apart'"

Last edited:
You've got the structure right, but in week 2 we call them the 1st and 2nd Semi Final. ie.

1- bye
2/3 - Qualifying Final
4/5 - Elimination

Week 2
QFW/1 - 2nd Semi Final
QFL/EFW - 1st Semi Final

Week 3
PFL/SFW - Preliminary Final

Week 4
Grand Final

My names make more sense, though... :p

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Frampton - Eddy - Krakouer
HF: Palmer - Marshall - Monfries
C: White - Atley - Impey
HB: Bonner - Austin - Broadbent
B: Lienert - Hombsch - Toumpas
R: Lobbe - Ah Chee - A.Young
INT: Hewett - Drew - Snelling
EMERG: Irra - Ladhams

If Kane Cornes is right then Marshall will be at least a travelling emergency for the Power, Broadbent is still on the injured list on the afl site and Port may want to be cautious, my opinion is that Ah Chee deserves consecutive games and played well enough last week also he has 7.1 from 5 games and that is something we are missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back