2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 17 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent team effort. Made Norwood look ordinary.
As RossFC mentioned, those in attendance at Alberton witnessed mark of the year and goal of the year in a 10 minute period to ice the cake on a top
weekend beautifully.
A stack of good players but I particularly like Drew's development to this point: his skills and decision making were really noticeable today.

Last edited:
Excellent team effort. Made Norwood look ordinary.
As RossFC mentioned, those in attendance at Alberton witnessed mark of the year and goal of the year in a 10 minute period to ice the cake on a top
weekend beautifully.
A stack of good players but I particularly like Drew's development to this point: his skills and decision making were really noticeable today.

Will Drew be a midfielder at AFL level?

Just got home, very difficult to understand why Eddy can't get a look in with the selection panel, he kicked 5, set up at least 3 others, and his field kicking is as good as most midfielders.

His 2 goals in the 3rd term were absolutely sensational, for the first he had to get around his man near the bowling club boundary line, trap the ball, and then do a perfectly weighted kick at the left goal post so the wind would swing it through the centre.
It was the only goal scored from that spot for the whole game.

Not long after that he picked up a ball on the half volley about 40 metres from the goal, swung onto his left side, and with his left foot, aimed again at the left goal post, so the wind would swing the ball straight through the comic cuts.

With all due respect to Jacko he couldn't have kicked either of those goals in his dreams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

f*** yeah!

Looks to be a smart footballer from what I have seen, probably hasn't been too far away from a debut - next year is his year, just like Frampton.

A few weeks ago, Lobbe's form at SANFL level was just OK. Currently his form has stepped up to be "almost" AFL OK. Congratulations Matty for your perseverance

Comes across as a quality human so you'd expect that. If it pumps up his trade value, we will all be happy!

Does a Maggies or Academy flag equal an AFL womens flag? Would so much love to see either.
Not being sexist at all when I say this but a Goody Saints SAAFL flag or a SANFL U16s flag is a higher standard to an AFLW flag imo.

George Fiacchi, Paul Northeast, Michael Aish and some other old Nord campaigner just all got buckets of ice poored on them for charity. Poor blokes for that to happen in this weather.
And in a nod to the era before OH&S the ice cubes just lay around on the ground near the fence in front of the northern grandstand for the rest of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back