2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 17 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Really appreciate the commentary lads !!!!

Just read thru all pages, as good as catching the replay lol

Appreciate it

It is going to really fxk me off when Jacko comes back in to the fwd line for our 1 final and a natural fwd like Eddy won't even get looked at. I don't care what he did today. We have seen him fwd at afl level. It.does.not.work.

It is going to really fxk me off when Jacko comes back in to the fwd line for our 1 final and a natural fwd like Eddy won't even get looked at. I don't care what he did today. We have seen him fwd at afl level. It.does.not.work.

If Jonas gets a week then Jacko back is fine. But definitely not a forward, I can agree with that.

I have no idea on the SANFL/AFL games played and eligibility rules. How would the Magpies line up in week 1 of finals?

I have no idea on the SANFL/AFL games played and eligibility rules. How would the Magpies line up in week 1 of finals?
All available AFL-listed and SANFL finals qualified players first, up to 17 players. See SANFL Finals Qualification - AFL Listed Players. Then top up with available players from Steven Summerton, Nathan Rudloff, Tom Gray, Louis Sharrad, Luke Reynolds, Thomas Corcoran, Jonathon Ross, Anthony Biemans, Robbie Young. If that doesn't give us 22 I don't know if we can access Academy players, logically we must be able to.

.... those in attendance at Alberton witnessed mark of the year (Ah Chee) and goal of the year (Krakouer) in a 10 minute period ....
I assume you mean by Ah Chee and Krakouer respectively. Both players who it seems are finishing up. Krak's crazy long-distance spinner along the ground defied physics and happened metres from myself, Byrons Firen and mic59.

Some thoughts on the day
Got there 3/4 time of the Academy game scoreboard read 22 goals to 1 :eek: needed to look again to make sure.
Always a good w/end with Port the Maggies and Academy winning. The neighbours losing was the cherry on the top.
Plenty of Ballarat fans got back in time. Cheersquad bus got in at 2am. Yeah Norwood didn't play that well but it was
mostly because we didn't let them. We played really well and minus Frampton Marshall and Howard I wasn't that confident.
Wouldn't like to have to pick our best but special mention to Krak, Lienert, Jacko, Our Skipper, Hewitt and Arch.
Lights on in the 2nd 1/2 and I swear they are new/different. Good crowd too maybe our best for the year.
Rain held off but a real Winter's day at the footy.
Be sure to checkout Krak's goal in the last, one of the best i've seen and it happened right in front of me :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ARCH WITH A SCREAMER!

Then goals the set shot.

Up 110 to 33 4mins in thr last.

Norwood wanted to be an AFL side, and their wish was granted: they've become the Dockers!

I assume you mean by Ah Chee and Krakouer respectively. Both players who it seems are finishing up. Krak's crazy long-distance spinner along the ground defied physics and happened metres from myself, Byrons Firen and mic59.
And whereas it has become something a lot of players can do in the AFL it is not so common in the SANFL because the balls are slightly different.

GgoHRqY.png

vSrcpTG.png

At least Trengove knows the words. Hombsch and Impey look like they couldn't give a ****.
Jackson's whole demeanour in the PB's screams pick me in the AFL team. He's hungry and angry. It's not his fault Ken was
trying to squeeze round pegs in square holes by playing him as a KPF.
Over the last month i've wondered at this idea that Krak is cooked and his fitness drops off towards the end of games.
To the posters who've said this I watched him closely today and his output in the last qtr was excellent.

Trengove, Ah Chee, Eddy, Snelling and Young had good games.

With only 1 round remaining in the AFL, you figure Trengove, Ah Chee come back into the side. Just can't see Ken giving the likes of Eddy a run this late in the season now.

Ah Chee does some special things, great bursts to create clearances, that mark and nice finish in tricky conditions.

Just got home, very difficult to understand why Eddy can't get a look in with the selection panel, he kicked 5, set up at least 3 others, and his field kicking is as good as most midfielders.

His 2 goals in the 3rd term were absolutely sensational, for the first he had to get around his man near the bowling club boundary line, trap the ball, and then do a perfectly weighted kick at the left goal post so the wind would swing it through the centre.
It was the only goal scored from that spot for the whole game.

Not long after that he picked up a ball on the half volley about 40 metres from the goal, swung onto his left side, and with his left foot, aimed again at the left goal post, so the wind would swing the ball straight through the comic cuts.

With all due respect to Jacko he couldn't have kicked either of those goals in his dreams.

That kick for goal in front of the bowling club was a brilliant understanding of how to kick a long set shot on a true winter's day and strong wind influencing the flight of the ball. Probably helps he has played at Norlunga for a few years which is a windswept ground.

The full tilt attack on the footy, clean pick up below the knees on the half volley,then swing onto his left foot and snap it 40m for goal was a vision of Tredrea at his best.

He should have played more games this year in the A grade and I hope we give him another 1 year contract even on the rookie list if there is still such a thing at the end of this year. He's good cover for Dixon and Marshall, he could teach some teammates how to kick for goal and having our developing players have a target to kick to, leading into the right spots is good for their development as is winning games of footy. Even if we recruit another young KPF with our first pick this year, he is worth having around the play to help the new kid develop his craft in the SANFL.

Last edited:
Simply outstanding goal from Krak! Dribble goal on the boundary. Give him a car!

Up 122 to 51 19mins in the last.
One of the best Dacios Dribble goals I have seen, mainly because the length of the dribble and the slow turn of the ball that it eventual got there by the ball finally turning about 75 degrees. I was leaving early and would have missed it if my brother inlaw didnt stop to talk to his cousin in front of the past players tent. Had a great view of it from the opposite pocket to Krak and even though the ball was turning slowly, I just knew it was going in from the moment it left his boot.

Yes. Don't know when though. Should be announced next Sunday.
They will be played on Sunday's. First week might be played on Saturday because no AFL finals to compete with but the rest of finals will be played on Sunday, especially if Port finishes 5th and the crows 1st. The crows games will be a Thursday or Friday night and Port on Saturday - day or night because the winner of 5v8 plays loser of 1v4 so that AFL semi final the next week will be on a Friday night. That leaves AO free for a Sunday double header SANFL SF's on the Sunday of week 1 of AFL finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back