Remove this Banner Ad

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Danger finished off the year in style, kicking the last goal of the match and pointing to the crowd/Power players at You Were Wrong HQ...

image.jpeg

#howyalikemenow

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bonner quite good with incontested but he has no defensive acts at all..kicking not bad ..also is he 191..Stewy was giving him some instruction and he only came up to his ear...something wrong
Obviously you missed the Glenelg game! Had Rioli for the day and towelled him up. Rioli had 8 possessions Bonner 21. His defensive skills have improved greatly from the start of the year.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Danger finished off the year in style, kicking the last goal of the match...

View attachment 279357
#howyalikemenow
Great goal it was too. Our only score for the qtr (?).
Got a chance to pat him on the back and congratulate him at the club function afterwards, great atmosphere btw.
If it's the last time he plays for us then he went out in style. Great game and that last goal was fitting :D
Summo thanked everybody and mentioned how grateful the players were for our support saying the group
wanted to give the cheersquad a send off and it went down a treat. Sure Norwood pulled back the score in the last
but we played some great footy today. Chad said we've won 6 of our last 7 (?) and that it took the group awhile
to work each other out so as to play to our potential. Knocking off the red legs with such a young side was terrific.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep Chad singled him and Cam Hewitt as having exceeded expectations this year.
Yeah, both boys look AFL material. Hewitt needs to take after his brother and stack on another 10kg ... real quick.
Houston could be an old fashioned ruck rover - solid as, takes a mark and can kick. Will be a big boy in a few years.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Houston was intitially going to be the pick johnson was no? Johnson was supposed to go at bonners pick but we were so suprised he was left we had to pick him up first.

I dont think houston is your typical callumn hay/jarrad irons type rookie. As in the dwellers who get goals here and there and more. Often that not record less than 15 disposals constantly

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Mitchell astonishing and pretty much the reason we won.
Butcher had IMO one of his best SANFL games, only occasionally 'switching off'. Every goal earnt, no shanks, no seagull goals to artificially boost his scores. Also a couple of old-fashioned speccy marks in defence.
Colquhoun an excellent possession getter and distributor in defence, well in the first half anyway.
All likely delistees but at least they still play with spirit. Hinkley and a big slab of the club's officials and players watched on the balcony of the Allan Scott HQ.

I was watching the game in the 3rd qtr with Powerstufff, under the balcony. Butch kicked a couple of goals and I yelled
"are you watching Ken". Well **** me Ken was just above us. Oh well too late but a bit embarrassing.
I know Butch is a polarising figure on this board but I'd keep him next year for insurance.

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Crowd highlight of the day:

Fiddy-ish bloke driving his son (about 12) absolutely nuts by calling our players by the names of long-retired greats. Example:

"Number 31, Trevor Sorrell."
"Dad, that's not his name."
"Lookout, here comes Bomber."
"It says in the Budget - "
"GEORGE FIACCHI!!!"

*Kid throws Budget on the ground, Dad can't wipe the s**t-eating grin off his face*

Haha that's fantastic. I do that form time to time. And also with Police Academy characters (Neade is Sweetchuck)

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Obviously you missed the Glenelg game! Had Rioli for the day and towelled him up. Rioli had 8 possessions Bonner 21. His defensive skills have improved greatly from the start of the year.

Correct. He has met all the criteria to get a debut but with being crook for the week, they held him back.

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haha that's fantastic. I do that form time to time. And also with Police Academy characters (Neade is Sweetchuck)

Oh, s**t. That's my favourite movie of all-time. Now, I'll never watch a Maggies game the same again...

Fackler... Jones now... kicks long to Tackleberry... he gives off to Hooks... Harris is wide open, he's ignored... Hooks goes to George Martin... George Martin to Mahoney... goal!

GET YOUR HOT-DOG, CHIHUAHUA!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Oh, s**t. That's my favourite movie of all-time. Now, I'll never watch a Maggies game the same again...

Fackler... Jones now... kicks long to Tackleberry... he gives off to Hooks... Harris is wide open, he's ignored... Hooks goes to George Martin... George Martin to Mahoney... goal!

GET YOUR HOT-DOG, CHIHUAHUA!!!

It's epic. Lobbe is Hightower.

Most of these stats are available online at the SANFL website with the exception of a few calculated ones. Not knocking your effort for sure, but questioning the reasoning?

Most of these stats are available online at the SANFL website with the exception of a few calculated ones. Not knocking your effort for sure, but questioning the reasoning?
I do them anyway for my own purposes and I post to each team board's reserves thread. It doesn't cost me anything extra to post here (well maybe 30 seconds to find the thread and post). But if you feel it's superfluous I'm happy to stop.

I do them anyway for my own purposes and I post to each team board's reserves thread. It doesn't cost me anything extra to post here (well maybe 30 seconds to find the thread and post). But if you feel it's superfluous I'm happy to stop.

Not at all, by all means continue. Was just curious. I understand stats sometimes become an obsession, lol.

Kane Mitchell is a superstar at SANFL level. As is Summo whose kicking was very very good.

Hoon probs player his best game of the year but I don't see him getting called up.

Butch at one point was 4 goals a piece with Nord. Great day for him. Wish he got called up next week but I think he's done.

A fit Snelling is a real sight. Give him a game.

I've been harsh on Hewett but after today, I can tell he's been building that last month or 2 and we need to retain him. Terrific game from him.

Loved Houstons effort and while Bonner wasn't as expectional as others, I still give him a game because it was help our kicking efficiency.

Reynolds had a tough day, he was pretty much shut down.

Rudloff and Masters are great young defenders, really hope they stay next year.

Is Snelling legit? Someone pls say yes

Looks the goods. Hoping he'll get his AFL debut this week along with Bonner.

Houston has probably earned a second year on the rookie list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back