2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 16 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

lol.

From the club that brought you four years for Voss and three more years for Hinkley.
At least we got out of Lobbe's life contract. Shame that according to the Vic media he's better than Rockliff, Watts and Motlop.

And I'll add- that score line is an embarrassment for our reserves. Don't mind them losing but now they are getting smashed. And just when our 1st are playing crap too..

Maybe it is a sign of something rotting.

lol.

From the club that brought you four years for Voss and three more years for Hinkley.

I have suspended my judgement on Lokan this season. Next year, though, it is going to be another story.

Club could come forward and explain why we have no player taller than 180cm in our SANFL and Academy lists.

When Lindsay Thomas kicked our 6th goal 13 of the 16 goals in the match had been kicked to the end we were kicking. We were 28 points down and although I did not hold out much hope for a win I did not expect us to go down by much more than 20 points. The gap between our reserves and the rest of the SANFL has been a chasm this year. And while the intention is to use the reserves as no more than a training ground, with winning coming a very poor last, this will continue. The truism that you're only as good as your reserves has always applied. The worst of it is that Hinkley and Lokan don't seem to understand that when you get slaughtered it's very difficult to convince yourself that you're playing the right way, whatever the coach says.

When Lindsay Thomas kicked our 6th goal 13 of the 16 goals in the match had been kicked to the end we were kicking. We were 28 points down and although I did not hold out much hope for a win I did not expect us to go down by much more than 20 points. The gap between our reserves and the rest of the SANFL has been a chasm this year. And while the intention is to use the reserves as no more than a training ground, with winning coming a very poor last, this will continue. The truism that you're only as good as your reserves has always applied. The worst of it is that Hinkley and Lokan don't seem to understand that when you get slaughtered it's very difficult to convince yourself that you're playing the right way, whatever the coach says.

The Maggies have got the worst game plan I can recall seeing at any senior level, as I said earlier in the thread there was one period of play when there were 8 or 9 short passes in the back half, most of which were inside or just outside the defensive 50, and it happened multiple times, particularly in that diabolical first qtr. :thumbsdown:

All south had to do was keep their zone in place and wait for the inevitable turn over.

It's bullsh*t football, and supporters ( including me ) are staying away in their droves, because win, lose, or draw people need some form of entertainment, not a boring as batsh*t game of school yard keepings off. :mad:

You are only as good as your reserves.
Richmond reserves runners up 2017
Western Bulldogs reserves premiers 2016.
Not a coincidence.

The Maggies have got the worst game plan I can recall seeing at any senior level, as I said earlier in the thread there was one period of play when there were 8 or 9 short passes in the back half, most of which were inside or just outside the defensive 50, and it happened multiple times, particularly in that diabolical first qtr. :thumbsdown:

All south had to do was keep their zone in place and wait for the inevitable turn over.

It's bullsh*t football, and supporters ( including me ) are staying away in their droves, because win, lose, or draw people need some form of entertainment, not a boring as batsh*t game of school yard keepings off. :mad:

I have missed more games at Alberton this year than ever in my life (first game was in 1977 round 1 v Glenelg).
I am not sure what I am watching but it is sure as hell not football that wins games.
Winning is not a priority any more and they definitely have achieved that objective.
Until things change I know a lot of people will be doing something else with their Saturday afternoons.

Comments have been made by people I see at the games that our crowds are woeful. Although I have noticed a drop off for some time it has not been as poor as the recent fall in attendances. Yesterday the Williams and Quinn stands were less than a quarter full and the area in front of the stands was just as sparse.

I have missed more games at Alberton this year than ever in my life (first game was in 1977 round 1 v Glenelg).
I am not sure what I am watching but it is sure as hell not football that wins games.
Winning is not a priority any more and they definitely have achieved that objective.
Until things change I know a lot of people will be doing something else with their Saturday afternoons.
Winning is a priority but the backwards effed up way the club goes about trying to win is a disgrace. Its ingrained all throughout the club. Defense defense chippy chippy possession crap. Its anti port adelaide footy and its pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have suspended my judgement on Lokan this season. Next year, though, it is going to be another story.

Club could come forward and explain why we have no player taller than 180cm in our SANFL and Academy lists.

I pray that he's not coaching next year. He's the softest speaking coach I've ever heard and describes 10 goal losses as "fantastic" because stats are up. At the beginning of the season when we weren't dogged by injury the signs of players lacking intensity was still evident. It only took 2 games to change McKenzies' long kicks to short kicks because it was stopping our ability to run the ball out from defence using handball, and we can't have that.

As 54 said, that game plan is appalling and for losers. It’s a style that gleams 'fear of taking the game on' and Lokan DOES NOT CHANGE A DAMN THING. It's Hinkley's blueprint of keep running into walls.

We don't have tall reserves players because we can only recruit discarded players that still want to play for a club with minimum pathway to league football. So they're not only less than 180cm they're also not up to the standard.

So that really helps afl player development.

There are changes in the west with West Coast. The other afl teams have top up players that potentially could be developed onto an afl rookie list. Port and the dingbat no vision crows don't have this benefit. Onfe again the sanfl really doing its best to stunt the growth of top level teams in this state.

Comments have been made by people I see at the games that our crowds are woeful. Although I have noticed a drop off for some time it has not been as poor as the recent fall in attendances. Yesterday the Williams and Quinn stands were less than a quarter full and the area in front of the stands was just as sparse.
More of our own supporters on bigfooty seemed more concerned with Geelong vs Brisbane than how our Maggies were going.

I pray that he's not coaching next year. He's the softest speaking coach I've ever heard and describes 10 goal losses as "fantastic" because stats are up. At the beginning of the season when we weren't dogged by injury the signs of players lacking intensity was still evident. It only took 2 games to change McKenzies' long kicks to short kicks because it was stopping our ability to run the ball out from defence using handball, and we can't have that.

As 54 said, that game plan is appalling and for losers. It’s a style that gleams 'fear of taking the game on' and Lokan DOES NOT CHANGE A DAMN THING. It's Hinkley's blueprint of keep running into walls.

We don't have tall reserves players because we can only recruit discarded players that still want to play for a club with minimum pathway to league football. So they're not only less than 180cm they're also not up to the standard.

So that really helps afl player development.
Right with McKenzie. Such a weapon yet his only kicks have been safe chips 25m sideways or backwards to flankers playing out wide.

We should experiment more at that level. Put him to full forward. See what he can do there. Going nowhere doing what he is doing now.

jsiqhob.png

kggCCdh.png

Faark me, took forever and a day to work out how to log on again. Haha. Went to Alberton to watch the Souths game ….. just shattered!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back