2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 16 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh man, I missed the game but recorded it. I’m guessing we lost badly. Won’t be watching it now. Hopefully some of our fellas stood up and no injuries?
I reckon we had 0 on the bench at the end of the game.

Toumpas went down the race with a wrist injury in the 3rd or 4th quarter and Simon Wong got an ankle injury near the end. Not sure if there was 1 more injury or not.

Pisses me off that we don't have key position players... but let's play to our ******* strengths... we are shorter YES? So we SHOULD be quicker? Kick it out in front and give the smaller hopefully quicker players at least a chance.

One of the more interesting parts of the game was that after a goal had been kicked the umpires had to wait for the ad break to finish before they bounced the ball. You could tell sometimes that 7 were squeezing in an extra one when the bounce was delayed for a long time. Maybe they showed that AAMI one "OMG Dad, up s*** creek". Would have been appropriate.

KT needs to get proactive and get the restrictions on the 'top up' players sorted out for next season.
I am sure the constant thrashings are not doing anything for the development of the players.
Can someone please explain the top rules.

"Lokan and Cornes said that attack will take care of itself if we just keep the defensive KPIs up".......
They can rope in KH and all 3 can make their pitch to the ocean of empty seats in the Quinn and Williams coz many have
voted with their feet. Throw in KT and Kochie for nod squad duties to stand behind them while they explain our ugly inefficient footy.
Where manic effort substitutes for a bad coaching.
Today was a predictable result but that didn't make it anymore palatable.
Onwards to Ballarat coz as for Alberton it's been sucked dry. Gameplan, recruiting or our malevolent benefactors the stinking
$anful it all adds up to what it is on game day for the Maggies :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I remember we cannot pay any top up players more than $400

Any remotely capable sanfl player will get more than that.

As I said earlier I know of one div 5 amateur that gets $400 a game and he doesn’t have to train.
Thank you philthy05.

How long did we sign Lokan for?
I would give him another year, before considering looking for another coach.

Does anyone really give a ****?
I do, but less than I do for the Power — of course.

From what I remember we cannot pay any top up players more than $400

Any remotely capable sanfl player will get more than that.

As I said earlier I know of one div 5 amateur that gets $400 a game and he doesn’t have to train.
Is player sponsorship forbidden? There are 15 SANFL-only players. If there is no rule against it, we could get some companies and people to sponsor them and others from our Academy...

I would give him another year, before considering looking for another coach.

I do, but less than I do for the Power — of course.

Is player sponsorship forbidden? There are 15 SANFL-only players. If there is no rule against it, we could get some companies and people to sponsor them and others from our Academy...

The sanfl wouldn't let you give them a packet of chips over the $400 (while sanfl clubs hand over brown paper bags of pokie cash to ex- magpie players left right and centre)

The sanfl wouldn't let you give them a packet of chips over the $400 (while sanfl clubs hand over brown paper bags of pokie cash to ex- magpie players left right and centre)
But, would it be possible to effectively control individual sponsorships?

Port would be the link between them, but contracts would be sign between players and sponsors. How could SANFL stop that? Only forbidding players to be sponsored, but that would be a mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back