2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the constant sideways stuff in the second quarter when we had options further down ground was frustrating.

It feels like Marshall is about 3-4 seconds behind what he needs to be to react to situations. He's 4 seconds too slow in leading, 4 seconds too slow to go towards the ball when it comes in, 4 seconds too slow to move the ball on when he has it. That's probably the worst part of his game. When he does take a mark or get a free kick outside of 50, he just holds it.....holds it.....hooooolllldddsss it.....and then chips 15m sideways.

I thought Hewett was good. Trengove was good, he just didn't damage enough as what he could have. Mayes was awful.

Frampton isn't good enough. Must have dropped a dozen marks on the lead in front of his eyes. Footballers take at least 50% of those. His ruckwork in the third was abominable. Its all well and good to give a big rib punch to an unsuspecting player at the bottom of a pack, but it's probably better when you aren't putting in a useless display.

Broady seemed to be one of the only players taking the game on. Pudney got in great position but was far too handball happy today. Too many pointless handballs. Frederick had some really good moments. By far the best game McKenzie has played since being here.

The umpiring aside today was as bad as the Maggies have played since the one club thingo, they couldn't buy a clearance for the majority of the game, allowed south to set up the loose man time and time again ( particularly on the grandstand wing) and when we tried to create some run turned the ball over virtually every time and then reverted to that backwards and sideways stuff that has driven supporters mad.

Three observations

1. Lokan couldn't coach a pig to be dirty, the south coach just toyed with his game plan.

2. How the f*** is Hewett still on an AFL list?
he had 3 utensil ups in one passage of play in the centre of the ground in about 5 seconds when he dropped a lace out chest mark, spilt a perfectly delivered handball when another player cleaned up his mess, and then over ran the loose ball twice when he had enough time and space to pick it up and put it to advantage. :thumbsdown:

3. Not blaming him for the loss obviously, but Reg Grundy mk2 would have to be the project player of the millennium, he is built like a pencil, is not tall enough for the role I suspect he was drafted for, and he is a very average kick.

The most blatant cheating I have seen in 45 years, 5-22 free kicks at half time and the first 13 free kicks to the feeder club . The maggots are clearly trained to beware of both the AFL clubs because this is happening year after year.
Not having a AFL reserves comp is just ludicrous.
Came away from the game today with absolutely no positives whatsoever.

Yeah when Steve at the gate said that I said wtf next you gonna tell me we are gonna have co captains...

Maybe he past(y) his prime?

If I had to make a guess though I would think perhaps he might have been villieing but was encouraged not too ( based on no information whatsoever).

Last edited:
South Australian umpires are cheating. There is no question about it. The figures since 2014 do not lie. Today we were fortunate to be a goal down at half-time and I blame some of that on the cheating umpires but the second-half was entirely our fault 100%.

Against Westies we should have won by 80+ because we were that much more talented than West.

Against South our players played like they didn't believe they were good enough. Lacked confidence to execute skilfully.

Lokan praised how we played. He said that apart from the early part of the third quarter we were good. Man this guy is unrealistic with his assessments. We were struggling to execute skills for the most part of the game.

How can Lokan say we played well ?
The second quarter with the wind was absolute crap just shows winning isn't that important. No doubt the umpires are cheating the first half was unbelievable gave South 3 of their goals on a plate.

Lokan's comments re the Maggie's performance yesterday, along with those of two board members praising the Power's `spunky' effort against brisvegas is just more proof that the PAFC is a mere facsimile of what it used to be, and I doubt that will change until we get a genuine Port Adelaide football person as chairman.

Lokan's comments re the Maggie's performance yesterday, along with those of two board members praising the Power's `spunky' effort against brisvegas is just more proof that the PAFC is a mere facsimile of what it used to be, and I doubt that will change until we get a genuine Port Adelaide football person as chairman.

Need to cut out the dead wood and bring in people who want to win and don't accept anything less.

IF you're happy with a loss
THEN you have no place at the PAFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was near Poultry Ron who always records the frees - he had South 15-0 at one stage and 21-4 at half time. I started going weekly in 1974 and can't ever recall 15-0, however we lost it by chipping around in defence in the 2nd and not manning up in the 3rd. South were very good and worked harder than us. Someone has to replace S Gray vs Richmond but I am not sure who after yesterdays performance?

I was near Poultry Ron who always records the frees - he had South 15-0 at one stage and 21-4 at half time. I started going weekly in 1974 and can't ever recall 15-0, however we lost it by chipping around in defence in the 2nd and not manning up in the 3rd. South were very good and worked harder than us. Someone has to replace S Gray vs Richmond but I am not sure who after yesterdays performance?

McKenzie or Farrel.

Who you pick depends on what role you want from them.

Wut the....?
Delusional comment if true. Any names to those Boardies?

Son went yesterday.
Basically said we didn't work hard enough for long enough. South put the effort in and paid dividends.
Our skills were poor also, and too handball happy.
Thought Billy was good. Farrell and Broady ok. McKenzie did a few good things. Didn't see Mayes much (but he picked up over 30 D's so must have done ok).
Trengrov a lot of touches but not much damage. Pudney caught the eye a bit too.

Wut the....?
Delusional comment if true. Any names to those Boardies?

The `spunky' effort comment was made by Amanda Vanstone, and copped a fair amount of derision from quite a few on here.
Darren Cahill commented not long after her and said something along the lines of being proud of the players, ( not his exact words ), both quotes are somewhere on one of last night's threads.

Need to cut out the dead wood and bring in people who want to win and don't accept anything less.

IF you're happy with a loss
THEN you have no place at the PAFC

I have spoken with current administration staff and they tell you that they are serious about winning an SANFL premiership but I think it is just utter lies. I strongly beieve that they are serious about developing players but have an absolute warped view on what development looks like. Doing what it takes on the day to win a match is clearly not their intention.

Lokan can't get the team to play good team-oriented football but there are some individuals raking up nothing possesions and then Hinkley says they are playing well ... so that's developmet??? Last year you had difficulties listing which players had developed and were in form but some were racking up possesions playing their selfish game.

Chad had these selfish players playing as a team unit with plenty of players in form and winning games. We didn't have a team of fumblers and blooper reels and dropped marks and lack of intensity with Chad but we do with Lokan, however the end of season review saw no issue with Lokan's handling of the reserves.

I have spoken with current administration staff and they tell you that they are serious about winning an SANFL premiership but I think it is just utter lies. I strongly beieve that they are serious about developing players but have an absolute warped view on what development looks like. Doing what it takes on the day to win a match is clearly not their intention.

Lokan can't get the team to play good team-oriented football but there are some individuals raking up nothing possesions and then Hinkley says they are playing well ... so that's developmet??? Last year you had difficulties listing which players had developed and were in form but some were racking up possesions playing their selfish game.

Chad had these selfish players playing as a team unit with plenty of players in form and winning games. We didn't have a team of fumblers and blooper reels and dropped marks and lack of intensity with Chad but we do with Lokan, however the end of season review saw no issue with Lokan's handling of the reserves.

With Chad coaching, we had a coach who absolutely wanted to win. Since he was replaced as coach they've been a shamble.

[QUOTE="Ford Fairlane, post: 60205607, member: 3330"
Or Marshall not making a single marking contest that I can remember. Did he lead at all? He looked almost uninterested. Not good enough.....[/QUOTE]

Without doing a search, I reckon it is close to the anniversary of his father's passing. Wouldn't be surprised if that is adding to him struggling at the moment. My mum passed away mid October, I went to the 1996 GF and a day or two after that, I started struggling for the next couple of weeks as the anniversary of her passing neared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back