2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Thursday 4th of March at 6pm at Alberton Oval. Entry limited to 1000 selected PAFC SANFL members.

Short turnaround, with a 5 day break for this one.

I'm assuming Robbie Gray and Jonas should be back for the AFL side, which could mean Farrell and Jones goes down to the SANFL side.

If the club decides to have 4 on the bench instead of 8 for the AFL game, then more will come down to this level. Possibly 3 of Georgiades, Bergman, Drew and Bonner, with 1 being an AFL emergency.

Big fwd/ruck Luke Surman is probably still 2 weeks away, Matthew Appleton, Sean Samblich and Jace Bode the only 3 SANFL listed players that haven't taken part in pre-season yet.

Maggies Side:
IN: Bode, Appleton
OUT: Mead, Wong, Sareen, Carter

F: Edwards - Lord - Williams
HF: Schofield - Weidemann - Burgoyne
C: Frederick - Appleton - Mayes
HB: Strange - Pasini - Lienert
B: Goldsack - Corcoran - Garner
R: Hayes - Sutcliffe (C) - Woodcock
INT FROM: Bode - Moore - Westbrook - Wildman - Aldridge - Montgomery

Last edited:

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Thursday 4th of March at 6:20pm at Alberton Oval. Not sure if entry is allowed yet.

I'm assuming Robbie Gray and Jonas should be back for the AFL side, which could mean Farrell and Jones go down to the SANFL side.

Big fwd/ruck Luke Surman is probably still 2 weeks away, Matthew Appleton and Sean Samblich the only 2 SANFL listed players that haven't taken part in pre-season yet.

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Williams - Lord - Weidemann
HF: Burgoyne - Edwards - Schofield
C: Farrell - Sutcliffe (C) - Mayes
HB: Jones - Pasini - Lienert
R: Hayes - Mead - Woodcock
INT FROM: Frederick - Strange - Carter - Sareen - Moore - Westbrook - Aldridge - Montgomery
EMERG: Wildman - Wong
I believe Jonas has been ruled out for both games.

Thursday 4th of March at 6:20pm at Alberton Oval. Not sure if entry is allowed yet.

I'm assuming Robbie Gray and Jonas should be back for the AFL side, which could mean Farrell and Jones go down to the SANFL side.

Big fwd/ruck Luke Surman is probably still 2 weeks away, Matthew Appleton and Sean Samblich the only 2 SANFL listed players that haven't taken part in pre-season yet.

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Williams - Lord - Weidemann
HF: Burgoyne - Edwards - Schofield
C: Farrell - Sutcliffe (C) - Mayes
HB: Jones - Pasini - Lienert
R: Hayes - Mead - Woodcock
INT FROM: Frederick - Strange - Carter - Sareen - Moore - Westbrook - Aldridge - Montgomery
EMERG: Wildman - Wong

Are we back to standard 22 for the Wizard Cup game next week?

has he? I was under the impression he would miss today but play next weeks game against the crows.

Also keen to see Strange and Sean Sandwich

If there are tickets I might mosey down after work, as work is like 5 minutes from Alberton.

If there are tickets I might mosey down after work, as work is like 5 minutes from Alberton.
Normally trial games are free entry, it's just unknown if we can get in this year because of COVID protocols.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Club statement was annoyingly vague. A mixed bag on the missing trio - only SPP definitely ruled out of both games, Tom and Robbie, who knows:

Jonas will be managed through the two games against the Crows after playing a full game in the recent internal trial.

Gray suffered a deep cut to his lip at training last week which required stitches and will be given time for the injury to heal.

Midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper has had a surgical procedure to relieve the swelling in his right hand after breaking a bone at training last week.

The injury will see him miss the consecutive pre-season games against the Crows. It’s hoped the 23-year-old will push to play in the club’s season opener against North Melbourne on March 21.

Got an email at 6.02 which gave me a link to the Magpies 3 trial games at Alberton, this one, the one against Sturt on 19th and the following Friday v crows. It says 1,000 people will be allowed to attend the game.

Looks like only Magpie members get in as I spoke to my brother inlaw at 6.15 and he hadn't received the email, so I've assumed given low numbers and covid crowd control, Magpie member's get first dibs. Being a Club 1870 member I'm automatically a member of both the Power and Magpies.

Says I could have ticked all 3 options but tried that and only one of 3 boxes was ticked so filled out info for each game.

I assume I'm getting an email - 3 of them, (haven't yet) as last screen says -

You will be required to check in via QR code upon arrival and sit in the allocated Grand Stand. Entry to the Grand Stand will be via the Russell Ebert gates at the rear of the Williams Family Stand.

Got an email at 6.02 which gave me a link to the Magpies 3 trial games at Alberton, this one, the one against Sturt on 19th and the following Friday v crows. It says 1,000 people will be allowed to attend the game.

Looks like only Magpie members get in as I spoke to my brother inlaw at 6.15 and he hadn't received the email, so I've assumed given low numbers and covid crowd control, Magpie member's get first dibs. Being a Club 1870 member I'm automatically a member of both the Power and Magpies.

Says I could have ticked all 3 options but tried that and only one of 3 boxes was ticked so filled out info for each game.

You will be required to check in via QR code upon arrival and sit in the allocated Grand Stand. Entry to the Grand Stand will be via the Russell Ebert gates at the rear of the Williams Family Stand.
I'd be surprised if the trial games get 1000 people to it. We only get 2-3k for league games.

Nope. Are those only for 1870 members? I've got 2 season ticket memberships, AFL and SANFL home games.
I havent got a confirmation email. The email I got at 6pm looked like a standard member email, but after talking to my brother inlaw who didnt get one and is only a power member, I assumed only Magpie membets got the rmail.

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Same. Had to select each match individually. Have both Power and Maggies membership.

Looks like I'm not going. No confirmation emails or anything after I registered, no stream probably either.

Don't ring the club either asking what's happening, you'll be on hold for 45+ minutes and get no response.

Back