2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Qualifying Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 2nd of September: Maggies at 3:10pm (TV Coverage starts at 3pm), Academy have a bye due to finishing 1st.

General admission tickets cost $15, concession $8, with Essential Power members and children under 18 admitted free.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Monfries, Lobbe, White, Summerton, Rudloff
OUT: Krakouer (Suspended), Hombsch (Hip), Ladhams, Irra, Hewett (Omitted)

Maggies Side:
F: Ah Chee - Eddy - R.Young
HF: Impey - Trengove - Monfries
C: White - Atley - T.Gray
HB: Summerton (C) - Lienert - Toumpas
B: Broadbent - Austin - Rudloff
R: Lobbe - Sharrad - A.Young
INT: Palmer - Drew - Snelling
EMERG: Hewett - Irra

Due to the Power still being alive in finals, Everyone is qualified to play SANFL finals.

The AFL cap for finals is 17 but Summerton is counted as an AFL player so it's really 16 + 5.

Lobbe, Monfries, White and Summerton to come back into the side. No AFL game on this weekend so no AFL emergency will be held back.

Nathan Krakouer suspended for a week due to rough conduct.

Jack Hombsch out for the season after having hip surgery.

Also would like to congratulate Brett Eddy and Tyler Harris for winning the Ken Farmer & SANFL reserves goal kicking medals respectively.

If we win against Sturt we'll play the Eagles in the 2nd Semi (Winner of that goes into the Grand Final). Lose against Sturt and we'll play the winner of Norwood and Centrals in the 1st Semi (Winner of that goes into the Prelim Final).
21077551_1874923452524191_7170742458552369086_n.jpg

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 6 points.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. With the Power having a week off, no reason not to get along to this.

With the lack of injuries and the stupid SANFL rules is it possible for AFL players to play for the academy side ?

Saturday 2nd of September: Maggies at 3:10pm (TV Coverage starts at 3pm), Academy have a bye due to finishing 1st.

General admission tickets cost $15, concession $8, with Essential Power members and children under 18 admitted free.

Team should be out Thursday Night.

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Ladhams - Eddy - R.Young
HF: Ah Chee - Trengove - Monfries
C: White - Atley - Summerton
HB: Broadbent - Austin - Toumpas
B: Lienert - Hombsch - Rudloff
R: Lobbe - Sharrad - A.Young
INT: Palmer - Drew - T.Gray
EMERG: Impey - Ross

Due to the Power still being alive in finals, Everyone is qualified to play SANFL finals.

The AFL cap for finals is 17 but Summerton is counted as an AFL player so it's really 16 + 5.

Expecting Lobbe, Monfries, White and Summerton to come back into the side. No AFL game on this weekend so no AFL emergency will be held back.

Nathan Krakouer has been offered a 2 match suspension, down to 1 with an early plea.

Also would like to congratulate Brett Eddy and Tyler Harris for winning the Ken Farmer & SANFL reserves goal kicking medals respectively.

If we win against Sturt we'll play the Eagles in the 2nd Semi (Winner of that goes into the Grand Final). Lose against Sturt and we'll play the winner of Norwood and Centrals in the 1st Semi (Winner of that goes into the Prelim Final).
View attachment 409186

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 6 points.

Reserves Finals

Bye: (1) Port
QF: North (2) - (3) Sturt
EF: Central (4) - (5) South

We face the QF winner for a spot in the GF.

With the lack of injuries and the stupid SANFL rules is it possible for AFL players to play for the academy side ?
In 2 weeks I reckon 4 or 5 AFL players might end up playing Academy.

Summerton counts as an afl player for finals but in minor round he has to be dropped to reserves because he's not an afl player :drunk::rolleyes::drunk:

From the organisation that brought you:

IMG_5139.JPG

All over the big issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope the error in the PAFC article about White being eligible, isn't a mistake that was actually made at the higher levels of the footy dept and was only made by the article writer, because it was bad enough we held White out on Saturday and didn't allow him to qualify, but to not have actually been aware of that is a huge concern.

I'm looking forward to the final series though, we are a genuine contender if we get it right.

I'm expecting a little different to you Ross

IN: Summerton, Lobbe, White, Rudloff
OUT: Krakouer, Ladhams, Hewett, Irra

Predicted Maggies Side:
FF: Monfries, Eddy, R.Young
HF: Ah Chee, Trengove, Impey
C: White, Atley, Summerton
HB: Broadbent, Austin, Toumpas
FB: Lienert, Hombsch, Rudloff
R: Lobbe, Sharrad, A.Young
INT: Palmer, Drew, T.Gray

EMERG: Irra, Ladhams, Hewett

Hope the error in the PAFC article about White being eligible, isn't a mistake that was actually made at the higher levels of the footy dept and was only made by the article writer, because it was bad enough we held White out on Saturday and didn't allow him to qualify, but to not have actually been aware of that is a huge concern.

I'm looking forward to the final series though, we are a genuine contender if we get it right.

I'm expecting a little different to you Ross

IN: Summerton, Lobbe, White, Rudloff
OUT: Krakouer, Ladhams, Hewett, Irra

Predicted Maggies Side:
FF: Monfries, Eddy, R.Young
HF: Ah Chee, Trengove, Impey
C: White, Atley, Summerton
HB: Broadbent, Austin, Toumpas
FB: Lienert, Hombsch, Rudloff
R: Lobbe, Sharrad, A.Young
INT: Palmer, Drew, T.Gray

EMERG: Irra, Ladhams, Hewett
I guess we could go in with Arch or Palmer as a quasi 3rd tall.

I had an AFL and SANFL player as the 2 emergencies because if there is a SANFL listed player as a late out, we can bring in a SANFL listed player so we don't go over the cap.

I had an AFL and SANFL player as the 2 emergencies because if there is a SANFL listed player as a late out, we can bring in a SANFL listed player so we don't go over the cap.
Yeah true, I guess at the end of the day the reserves have the bye anyway so the whole list is full of emergencies.

Would like to find out what happened to Reynolds too, hoping he pulled up ok, he may yet prove useful this finals series.

Every time I'm exposed to these SANFUL rules they become more and more baffling. I'd love to hear a rationale for how Summerton is in any way an AFL listed player, and if so, why he isn't treated like one during the regular season.
The more frustrating part for mine is that had the Crows qualified they wouldn't have had a 16+5 rule to comply to. 2 different sets of rules for the favourite sons.

Summerton counts as an afl player for finals but in minor round he has to be dropped to reserves because he's not an afl player :drunk::rolleyes::drunk:
Maybe he should change his surname to Clayton, as he's the AFL player you have when you're not really having an AFL player.

Maybe he should change his surname to Clayton, as he's the AFL player you have when you're not really having an AFL player.
Yeah, because a reference to a Port Magpies player named Clayton wouldn't be confusing. While the ad you're referring to probably last played when Gough Whitlam was PM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back